dorian_gray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose Fat / Build Muscle - Does that make sense?

Okay, to me this doesn't make sense at all. You need a deficit to lose weight, and you need excess to build muscle, so how do you do both at the same time?

My main goal is to lose flab on my stomach, and build muscle. I eat a very healthy diet of mostly chicken, fish, oatmeal, salads etc..etc.. (almost no sugar) and It seems like everything I eat goes straight to my stomach, and everything else is bone skinny. What could be worse than having thin arms and a pot belly? Am I just genetically F#%&ed up?

Starting MMA Classes NOW! shivastorm's Avatar
    shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well part of fat comes from a surplus of carb that your body doesn't use so it stores it as fat to use it later. I guess if you don't eat a lot of carbs, your body will feed on the fat to fuel itself, while at the same time if you eat loads of proteins, you muscles will still keep repairing themselves and building themselves using the fat as fuel to start the process... That's just my theory based on my slim knowledge of the subject though
    Crossfit. "Your workout is our warmup" Does this make you skeptical? Try Linda or Tabata Something Else and you will see why I said that.

Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5233853