Kyle K. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Please: Feeling sick.... how should I change my workout?

Alright guys, first I'll give a brief intro of what I've been doing for the past 2 or so months. I finally got motivated enough to seriously drop the extra weight I've been carrying around, so at the beginning of February this year I started my new workout which consisted of lifting relatively easy 5 days a week (back, chest, legs, bis, tris) and doing 30 mins of cardio after each workout. I started at about 280 and now I'm down to a little over 260.

Anyway, in the past week I've started getting headaches at random points during the days, stiff neck, sore throat, exhaustion, etc. I tried to go like normal through my workout last week and it just didn't work. I ended up only being able to do 2 of 3 sets on most of my workouts, and then I completely skipped arms (thurs. and fri.) thinking that I might have overtrained (even though I seriously don't think that can be it) if I got a few days rest I'd be able to hit everthing well again on monday. Well, I rested up this weekend and now I'm still feeling pretty crappy (sore throat, stiff neck, headache), and I really don't want to take more time off because I seriously want to get down to my target by summer.

So now, after all that, my actual question is this.
    If I just take time off of lifting and continue to do my cardio until I start to feel better, which by the way things are going may be a week or two. How much muscle mass will I be giving up? What are the possible downsides?

BTW, sorry for the really long post. If you've made it this far thanks a lot for reading it all.

Thanks in advance.

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just take a week off and rest up. Keep your protein intake high and if you feel good enough get a couple cardio sessions in during the week. If your actually sick start getting some vitamin c into your system and drink a ton of water. Otherwise just rest up and let things come back.

fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmusclekg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well that wasn't brief at all, and I don't have the time to read it. But Bump to whatever Boner said above me

BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have a cold or a flu, your body releases excess growth hormone. I'm not advocating to train while you feel like ****, but it's something to consider. I have a 'bug' myself and just pushed through a great leg workout. I didn't have nearly the endurance I usually have, but I felt like a champion when I finished.

One other thing consider. I'm not sure, but lifting can have a negative or positive effect on the immune system. You'll have to refer to another member on this one.

Good Luck.
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."