Ozirus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best time for vitamines?

I have all these vitamine pills in my cabinet but im not sure whens the best time to take them, whens the best time for maximum absorbtion of the vitamins? or maybe i shouldn't take some vitamins together?
    theses are the vitamines i have:
    1) calcium pills
    2) Omega 3 pills
    3) glucosamine pills
    4) Vitamine D pills
    5) Vitamine E pills
    6) Vitamine C pills
    7) Ginkgo Biloba pills
    8) Vitamine B100 pills
    9) Green tea extract pills
    10) Glutamine powder

Thanks in advance

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ozirus View Post
    I have all these vitamine pills in my cabinet but im not sure whens the best time to take them, whens the best time for maximum absorbtion of the vitamins? or maybe i shouldn't take some vitamins together?
    1) calcium pills
    2) Omega 3 pills
    3) glucosamine pills
    4) Vitamine D pills
    5) Vitamine E pills
    6) Vitamine C pills
    7) Ginkgo Biloba pills
    8) Vitamine B100 pills
    10) Glutamine powder

Thanks in advance
    Most vitamines should be taken with a meal that contains fat.

I would imagine the other supplements would have directions?

BTW, I wouldn't take vitamine D or E. Get your D from sunlight. Taking to much vitamine E has been shown to cause some problems.

And I would take calcium with magnesium. You can usually find a supplement that contains both.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) calcium pills
    2) Omega 3 pills
    3) glucosamine pills
    4) Vitamine D pills
    5) Vitamine E pills
    6) Vitamine C pills
    7) Ginkgo Biloba pills
    8) Vitamine B100 pills
    10) Glutamine powder

Thanks in advance
    You need vitamin C? Eat an orange. It's more than 100% of your daily value. Calcuim? Drink dairy. Some is even fortified with more calcium. If you stay outside for 20 minutes the sun makes your skin produce Vitamin D.

You're breaking the bank with all these supplements!

I know what I said wasn't related to what you asked

thanks for the help so far, but what are the problems that i will get if i take too much vitamine E? more info on these vitamines would be appreciated thanks

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for the help so far, but what are the problems that i will get if i take too much vitamine E? more info on these vitamines would be appreciated thanks
    Off the top of my head I know that vitamins A,D,E, and K are the only fat soluble vitamins so they collect in your fat tissues unlike water soluble vitamins where you excrete out the extra. I don't exactly know what happens to the body, but constant over consuming causes problems.

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin...mended_amounts
    wikipedia also has articles for other vitamins as well. Check em out!

I take a multivitamin around noon, and another one at night before I go to bed. I'm not sure if it's the optimal way to do it. But it is better than nothing, right?

okay so calcium ill just get it from milk, vitamine D my body will produce it when im in the sun, i shouldnt take too much vitamine e and it helps me with my skin, i can get vitamin c from oranges.
    any more info for the rest of them nutritions from your experiences?
    thanks again

xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xucardsfan08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get a cheap multivitamin (they work just as well as the expensive ones). A 300 pack of Target brand "Centrum" was around $6. Contains 100% of nearly everything and is fine. You don't need super concentrated specialty vitamins.
    As for Omega-3 pills, anytime is fine. Try eating more fish though and that'll solve your problem.
    Green tea extract pills are great for many reasons, but may contain caffeine so avoid at night.
    Calcium you should get from milk and other dairy products. Taking in too much calcium at once can actually cause problems.
    Ditch the Ginkgo pills.

In the morning, with a meal, take the multi+green tea.

Another option, Centrum Performance (multi+ginseng and ginkgo):
    http://www.centrumperformance.com/products/labeling.asp

I recommend Higher Power Green tea extract.

rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rothyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've ventured down the path of supplementing vitamins (E, D, C, etc) and found out rather quickly that it's really not smart at all.

I ended up overdosing on D and passing out after I left the gym. You really only need a multivitamin and maybe fish oil or flax seed. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, stay away from vitamin supplements.

Then again, if I feel a cold coming on I will supplement extra vitamin C. But that's it!

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take 1 multivitamin in the morning with breakfast.

Take fish oil whenever.

Save money and eat an egg yolk. It's got Vitamin A, D, E, K, and a ton of other nutrients.

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    i take mine in the morning when it feels like i just got raped and beat by nazis and am eager to get some nutrition in my body (god I hate mornings), then post-workout or right before I go to bed. I use NOW Adam or Animal Pak.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    it sounds like you just went to your local grocery store and bought a bunch of stuff...

most could be had in a solid multi...

there are a few worth supplementing otherwise such as calc+mag and C... good to have around ...

lot better stuff you could have spent your money on though.

i'd drop most of it though, and go with supps that do more... i.e. straight omega 3 in higher dose, b6-b12, and better nootropics... (just better stuff you could have gotten for your items)

personally i take them with my post workout shake when nutrient uptake is above average, and before bed when the body grows and can use them better for rebuilding.
    Last edited by grapemaster; 04-25-2007 at 09:04 PM.
    @__@

Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mises is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    multivitamins in the morning with teh breakfast
    "Modern man is conditioned to expect instant gratification but any success or triumph realized quickly, with only marginal effort is necessarily shallow. Meaningful achievement takes time, hard work, persistence, patience, proper intent and constant self-awareness. The path to such success is punctuated by failure, consolidation and renewed effort. Personal reconstruction is art." - MFT