norcal925 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with shoulder injury

I injured my shoulder about 8 months ago and was diagnosed with a torn labrum or SLAP injury. I feel a bit better now any ideas for rehab or working out without having surgery?

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by norcal925 View Post
    I injured my shoulder about 8 months ago and was diagnosed with a torn labrum or SLAP injury. I feel a bit better now any ideas for rehab or working out without having surgery?
    CISSUS RX!!!!!!!!

Really. The stuff works wonders on shoulder and elbow problems. Though you should lay off any kind of heavy work till it's better. The Cissus should simply help it get better faster.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by norcal925 View Post

Were you diagnosed with an MRI or just examination? If the MRI showed you to have a torn labrum , unfortunately rehab or time off wont do anything. I put up with this injury for quite some time, trying rehab, time off, etc, and eventually had to get surgery... this isnt the type of thing that heals and id strongly recommend surgery.. it really goes by in a flash and its the only thing that can make your shoulder normal again... i tried to put it off and mine got worse and worse to the point where during everyday activities id have radiating pain.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red