Location: a town called Luton somewhere in Bedfordshire over in the United Kingdom...
    invincible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not enough fat in my diet, perhaps?

Hi guys,

Got an update...

The carb-up went very well. Had tons of carbs, though I ended up having a chinese on sunday night (met some old mates and couldn't just sit and watch them eat!! ).

I'm halfway through my 3rd week now and haven't felt the energy boost that many keto followers get after restricting carbs. At the moment, I still don't feel very energetic and often get tired early.

To make it worse, I'm finding it hard to figure whether I'm in ketosis or not and usually have to simply assume I am. I don't get bad breath or smelly urine, and the keto sticks aren't very useful since I'm slighly colour-blind and find it hard to distinguish the colour.

If I increase the fat in my diet would this exaggerate the effects of ketosis?? I'm pretty sure it would increase my energy levels. Just of curiosity, what would happen if you consume too much fat?

I'm thinking of spending a day or two strictly counting my nutritional intake next week to analyse my diet and spot any flaws.

Thanks for the help guys!

Location: a town called Luton somewhere in Bedfordshire over in the United Kingdom...
    Oops, I meant to post this as a reply to my other thread. Ah well, what's done is done!

Anybody want to jump in?

highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highpower1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could buy "ketostix" and test to see if you're in ketosis. I felt a huge increase in energy my fifth day into the diet. I'm not an expert at all on this subject but you should post your diet and someone else will be able to tell you it needs to be changed.
    "The biggest risk in life is not taking one"

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. " - John Wooden

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing"

Highpower1111, I did say that in my post that the keto sticks aren't helping much because I'm slightly colour blind and can't easily distinguish between the various shades.

On Monday, I'll post my diet with nutritional stats.

I'd appreciate any other comments regardless. Will more fat increase my energy levels, will it also exaggerate the effects of ketosis such as smelly breath, etc? How do I know if I'm having too much fat??

Cheers!
    Last edited by invincible; 03-19-2004 at 03:13 AM.

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Post your diet!
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon