Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User sartreroquentin's Avatar
    sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500)
    again with mayweather, boxing you are allotted time to recover in case of a knockdown whereas in mma you are not you have to be in constant defense of your opponent wanting to end the fight

Registered User sartreroquentin's Avatar
    sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500) sartreroquentin is not very helpful. (-500)
    i can freely state that inthe boxing field of sports there are just as many mediocre to less than decent fighters as in mma.
    mayweather is a top pound for pound boxer in his field
    whereas there are select mixed martial artists who are the top pound for pound in their corresponding field...

considering that the whole "combat" sports of mma/boxing is a testerogn driven, alpha complex sport mayweather can only support his intentions by "fighting" regardless of if it is that of a boxing or a mma match. a fight is a fight and sanctioned or not two individuals arent going to decide to just stand and punch each other(an exception being the average joe swinging wildly) but to badmouth mma a fight can seemingly go into a vale tudo

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hate this boxing vs mma argument it gets old really fast.

Why can't people just respect both sports and shut up about it.I like mma better then boxing but I have respect for boxing and boxers it's a science in its own right.

And to the poster who said that boxers have better cardio then mma fighters that's an unfair comparison because mma fighers have 5 minute rounds to deal with and they do more then boxers do(take downs,defenses,etc)so they are going to tank faster then a boxer doing 3 minute rounds.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000) DaHooligan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    I hate this boxing vs mma argument it gets old really fast.

Why can't people just respect both sports and shut up about it.I like mma better then boxing but I have respect for boxing and boxers it's a science in its own right.

And to the poster who said that boxers have better cardio then mma fighters that's an unfair comparison because mma fighers have 5 minute rounds to deal with and they do more then boxers do(take downs,defenses,etc)so they are going to tank faster then a boxer doing 3 minute rounds.

in my opinion i was impressed with the ufc fighters of old! those guys would go 30 minutes and more lol.

stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stuffboom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    fedor would destroy tyson,
    /thread

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I never understood why so many people define "athlete" soley as a guy who can run fast, or is quick.

Randy Couture, Kurt Angle and Alexandr Karelin are every bit the athlete that Mayweather is.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    First off, he said the SPORT turns more profit, not the fighters. Second, way to compare the second biggest payday in boxing history with a fight that was promoted on three weeks notice.
    I stand corrected for PPV.

according to mma weekly
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3520&zoneid=3

USA today
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-...82074339_x.htm

UFC Surpasses Boxing and Blows Away WWE in Battle for U.S. PPV Dollars with Over $200 Million in Gross PPV Sales, PLUS: Early Word on UFC 67's PPV Buyrate

The UFC broke the pay-per-view industry's all-time records for a single year of business and generated over $200 million in revenue during 2006, according to two credible media outlets.

Both the Associated Press and the Wrestling Observer have reported that Zuffa's pay-per-view revenue in 2006 exceeded $200 million, with the Wrestling Observer reporting the specific figure of $222,766,000. As the Observer put it, "UFC grossed more money this past year on PPV than any promotion in history ever has."

Many fans of both boxing and MMA have wondered whether the UFC has already surpassed boxing. The numbers show that not only is the UFC bigger than boxing today, but it's also bigger than boxing ever was from a PPV revenue standpoint. The all-time record year for boxing was 1999, with just over $200 million in combined PPV revenue, and the UFC broke that record by over $20 million in 2006.

I stand by the fact that UFC is still young and doesn't have the history and tradition of boxing. Whether you want to believe it or not. If you ask a NON athletic person who Ali or Tyson is they will tell you that was a boxer. There is no one in MMA that has that yet. Its about history too, don't forget that. Did i hurt your feelings when I said UFC is young? Come on 2006 was the best year of UFC hands down. Mariah Carey has sold the most albums wordwide does that make her better than The Beatles. By the way, where is that great MMA movie like Rocky?

Don't get it twisted I like MMA but I like and respect boxing too.
    Cha Cha Cha

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    I stand corrected for PPV.

according to mma weekly
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3520&zoneid=3

USA today
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-...82074339_x.htm

UFC Surpasses Boxing and Blows Away WWE in Battle for U.S. PPV Dollars with Over $200 Million in Gross PPV Sales, PLUS: Early Word on UFC 67's PPV Buyrate

The UFC broke the pay-per-view industry's all-time records for a single year of business and generated over $200 million in revenue during 2006, according to two credible media outlets.

Both the Associated Press and the Wrestling Observer have reported that Zuffa's pay-per-view revenue in 2006 exceeded $200 million, with the Wrestling Observer reporting the specific figure of $222,766,000. As the Observer put it, "UFC grossed more money this past year on PPV than any promotion in history ever has."

Many fans of both boxing and MMA have wondered whether the UFC has already surpassed boxing. The numbers show that not only is the UFC bigger than boxing today, but it's also bigger than boxing ever was from a PPV revenue standpoint. The all-time record year for boxing was 1999, with just over $200 million in combined PPV revenue, and the UFC broke that record by over $20 million in 2006.

I stand by the fact that UFC is still young and doesn't have the history and tradition of boxing. Whether you want to believe it or not. If you ask a NON athletic person who Ali or Tyson is they will tell you that was a boxer. There is no one in MMA that has that yet. Its about history too, don't forget that. Did i hurt your feelings when I said UFC is young? Come on 2006 was the best year of UFC hands down. Mariah Carey has sold the most albums wordwide does that make her better than The Beatles. By the way, where is that great MMA movie like Rocky?

Don't get it twisted I like MMA but I like and respect boxing too.
    True UFC and MMA in general is still young but look what MMA has done in the time it's been around imagine 20 years down the road the possibilites are endless.

I also respect boxing and I see no reason why both can't exist because they are both well respected sports.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheClips is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Wowstrongcut View Post
    boxing has more rounds the fighters have better cardio
    They have more rounds of LESS action.....

C'mon man, think!! If the rules of a fight says you must stay on your feet to fight, that takes away takedowns, defense, wrestling, BJJ, and even hardcore clinching!!!

Every time you express your opinion about combat sports, it makes me happy that I KNOW I'm not talking out of my ass like you are. I bet you $1000 that you and any other average joe could make it through a great deal more of straight boxing than MMA (spare knockouts). No arguments, no questions, just fact.

97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Please admit that his speed, endurance and overall defensive ability would be a load to handle... Fighting is fighting and he's clearly a fighter to me.
    I said above he has fast hands, I agreed above he's one of the best defensive fighters in boxing. Again in mma match, a marginal (wrestler, judo, or jui-jitsu) fighter would take him down at will. Nobody is saying he is a crappy boxer, but he would get absolutely mauled in a mma fight against middle and lower tier fighters. Sean Sherk would make it not possible for him to use the Pretty moniker anymore. And Mayweather would do the same in a boxing match. It's apples and oranges.

97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 97srad750 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DaHooligan View Post
    I follow both sports very closely boxing and mma...my point has nothing to do with which guy can kick whose ass.

he is an incredible specimen dude he has been training boxing since he was born...he trains like 4 times a day this guy remains in incredible shape YEAR ROUND! he is a better athlete then most boxers as well....most mma guys dont stay fit year round they put on lots of weight after a fight, most boxers dont stay fit year round either...bernard hopkins was also an incredible athlete these guys would come into the ring not weighing more then the required limit while other guys weighed 15 pounds over.

they also have incredible conditioning, stamina, reflexes...

peep my thread oscar vs floyd 24/7 video
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2426511
    I follow them both closely as well. And you don't think Randy Couture, Josh Koscheck, or Matt Hughes that have wrestled all there lives are in the discussion when talking athletic ability. I can tell you first hand experience that's a whole lot easier to prepare against hands solely, than it is to prepare for hands, feet, submissions, & takedowns. In fact it's really absurd when you think about it question their athletic ability.

Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    what separates mayweather from UFC fighters? from an 'athletic' standpoint?
    The skill that Mayweather has is developed after training since it was kid. In MMA most of the guys that get into the UFC after 5 or 6 years of training at the most.

In boxing most of the atletes start really early to polish their skill to be able to be competitive in a proffesional market.

By the way I hate mayweather but I reconigze that he is really good in boxing (not in MMA).

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AllSho View Post

The way I see it.. boxing is like 'being 1/10th as tough as MMA guys'
    I say this because boxing is only a small skill that MMA guys know...
    You have got to be fuggin kidding.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Granrey View Post
    The skill that Mayweather has is developed after training since it was kid. In MMA most of the guys that get into the UFC after 5 or 6 years of training at the most.
    You made that up and you know it.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000) GTfreak is just really nice. (+1000)

In boxing most of the atletes start really early to polish their skill to be able to be competitive in a proffesional market.

By the way I hate mayweather but I reconigze that he is really good in boxing (not in MMA).
    only the guys that have been around since ufc one can say they have trained for over 10 years. for now itll be that most guys have only trained for 5-6 years because the sport wasnt as big back then as it is now. in a few years the amount of time people have trained for it will increase because now the sport is big and everyone will train for mma
    Kobe Bryant for MVP

Originally Posted by GTfreak View Post
    only the guys that have been around since ufc one can say they have trained for over 10 years. for now itll be that most guys have only trained for 5-6 years because the sport wasnt as big back then as it is now. in a few years the amount of time people have trained for it will increase because now the sport is big and everyone will train for mma
    That's not true at all, not even close. A lot of these guys have trained since they were kids as well. Just because there weren't training as mixed martial artist, doesn't mean they weren't training martial arts. You pro boxing guys are acting like this is a tough man contest. I can assure you the Royce Gracie & Ken Shamrock had been training in various martial arts well before UFC 1. Do you really think Randy Couture picked some his skills in a 5-6 year timeframe.

Absolute horse****.

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 97srad750 View Post
    That's not true at all, not even close. A lot of these guys have trained since they were kids as well. Just because there weren't training as mixed martial artist, doesn't mean they weren't training martial arts. You pro boxing guys are acting like this is a tough man contest. I can assure you the Royce Gracie & Ken Shamrock had been training in various martial arts well before UFC 1. Do you really think Randy Couture picked some his skills in a 5-6 year timeframe.
    Training camps would be much more difficult than standard martial arts training on a day to day basis. Professional boxers typically go through a six week training camp to prepare for a fight and Pretty Punk has been doing it a couple times per year for 10+ years. Surely you can appreciate this point...

I follow MMA and boxing so I am not saying one if more intense or tougher etc, only that boxing on a elite level for so long would have serious advantages over standard training. Training camps are absolute hell and designed to push the limits of any human; that makes you tougher. The more you sweat; the less you bleed.
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Training camps would be much more difficult than standard martial arts training on a day to day basis. Professional boxers typically go through a six week training camp to prepare for a fight and Pretty Punk has been doing it a couple times per year for 10+ years. Surely you can appreciate this point...

I follow MMA and boxing so I am not saying one if more intense or tougher etc, only that boxing on a elite level for so long would have serious advantages over standard training. Training camps are absolute hell and designed to push the limits of any human; that makes you tougher. The more you sweat; the less you bleed.
    If you are telling me a mixed martial artist training camp isn't as tough as a boxer, then the conversation stops here. Because you have no clue what you are talking about.

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are telling me a mixed martial artist training camp isn't as tough as a boxer, then the conversation stops here. Because you have no clue what you are talking about.

You should learn to read... That's not what I am saying at all. Previously you said and I can quote:

This implies that you believe training several times a week in a martial art is the same as being a pro boxer and going through a training camp a few times a year... Perhaps I misunderstood your previous post.

MMA training camps are very similiar to boxing training camps so NO I don't believe one is tougher than another. But training in martial arts prior to the MMA evolution would not be the same as boxing professionally. If you think otherwise, you obviously have very little experince or real world knowledge.

MMA is a great and evolving everyday and I am not saying anything bad about it as I love it! I am not Pro boxer or Pro MMA; I can respect and appreciate both sports...
    Semper Fi

You should learn to read... That's not what I am saying at all. Previously you said and I can quote:

This implies that you believe training several times a week in a martial art is the same as being a pro boxer and going through a training camp a few times a year... Perhaps I misunderstood your previous post.

MMA training camps are very similiar to boxing training camps so NO I don't believe one is tougher than another. But training in martial arts prior to the MMA evolution would not be the same as boxing professionally. If you think otherwise, you obviously have very little experince or real world knowledge.

MMA is a great and evolving everyday and I am not saying anything bad about it as I love it! I am not Pro boxer or Pro MMA; I can respect and appreciate both sports...
    That's not what that implies at all. You are coming off like these guys picked up there skills in a 5-6 year time period, that is not even close to being true. Yes they have standard training when not in camp, just as boxers do. I've said the sports are apples and oranges. Mayweather wins easily in boxing, and loses easily if it was mma match.

And yes I have real world knowledge, and real world common sense. Ask Matt Linland or Randy Couture if their training before mixed martial arts is on par with a boxer.

Believe me mindripper you and I aren't far off in our beliefs. I think he's a superb boxer, he's just discrediting something he knows zero about. I love both sports.

That's not what that implies at all. You are coming off like these guys picked up there skills in a 5-6 year time period, that is not even close to being true. Yes they have standard training when not in camp, just as boxers do. I've said the sports are apples and oranges. Mayweather wins easily in boxing, and loses easily if it was mma match.

And yes I have real world knowledge, and real world common sense. Ask Matt Linland or Randy Couture if their training before mixed martial arts is on par with a boxer.
    Please quote where I said anything that would close resemble this? I would never belittle a MMA guy's training. Fighters who wrestled on an elite level prior to MMA are certainly on par with boxers as fighters.

As far as difficulty of training for me in my personal experience I would say: 1) Wrestling, 2) Boxing and 3) all other fighting arts (Akido, Judo, karate, Military hand to hand combat instruction) but that's for me and only me.

There are fighters in any sport who are made and then there are fighters would are born to fight. Tyson was a born fighter... mean, strong, ruthless and fast. Mayweather is in the same category but has more atheletic talent. I am sure he was good at anything he tried when he grew up; if he wrestled in his youth I am sure he would have been incredible at that as well.

I hate him personally but can respect his skill and atheletic talent. He's certainly wrong to diss the UFC and act like it doesn't deserve respect. This is all bullsh!t unless he decides to fight in the UFC then we can really have some discussions on this topic.
    Semper Fi

Believe me mindripper you and I aren't far off in our beliefs. I think he's a superb boxer, he's just discrediting something he knows zero about. I love both sports.
    That's cool, man. I think he's a total punk and you are absolutely right on your points.
    Semper Fi

That's cool, man. I think he's a total punk and you are absolutely right on your points.
    Nothing more I'd rather see than Oscar shut him up, but I don't see it happening.

Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000) Nicolasl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan View Post
    I never understood why so many people define "athlete" soley as a guy who can run fast, or is quick.

Randy Couture, Kurt Angle and Alexandr Karelin are every bit the athlete that Mayweather is.
    Of course olympic gold medalists are great athletes. It's not like there are many in mma.

Originally Posted by Nicolasl View Post
    Of course olympic gold medalists are great athletes. It's not like there are many in mma.
    Is Mayweather?

Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) Granrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    You made that up and you know it.
    In many sports like: baseball, basketball, soccer, boxing and many others you can put your 7 year old kid to learn the skill and most of the professional players went trough that process. can you mention some MMA fighters traning MMA since they were 10 years old?

In MMA most of the guys could have started early in one of the related MMA sports like wrestling, BJJ, ect. but we know that only BJJ or only wrestling is not MMA.

By the way Mayweather father is a very good professional boxing trainer as well as his uncle. Therefore, you should not be surprised to find out for how long Mayweaher has been training.

By the way HardGainer. Check how gonzaga kicks, he does not lower his arm and still he knocked out Crocop. I remember we had a small discusion about that.

Is Mayweather?
    Nope, bronze...

At the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Mayweather won a bronze medal by reaching the semifinals of the featherweight (57 kg)[6] division's 31-boxer tournament. In the opening round, Mayweather led 10-1 on points over Bakhtiyar Tileganov of Kazakhstan before he won by round 2 referee stoppage. In the second round, Mayweather outpointed Artur Gevorgyan of Armenia 16-3. In the quarterfinals, Mayweather survived a late rally by Lorenzo Aragon of Cuba to win 12-11. In his semifinal bout against the eventual silver medalist, Serafim Todorov of Bulgaria, Mayweather lost by a controversial decision that the U.S. team officially protested. Many who saw the bout, including the referee, thought that Mayweather had won. However, the international judges, whom U.S. boxing coach Al Mitchell called "a bunch of mobsters," ruled the bout 10-9 for Todorov
    Semper Fi

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In many sports like: baseball, basketball, soccer, boxing and many others you can put your 7 year old kid to learn the skill and most of the professional players went trough that process. can you mention some MMA fighters traning MMA since they were 10 years old?

In MMA most of the guys could have started early in one of the related MMA sports like wrestling, BJJ, ect. but we know that only BJJ or only wrestling is not MMA.

By the way Mayweather father is a very good professional boxing trainer as well as his uncle. Therefore, you should not be surprised to find out for how long Mayweaher has been training.

By the way HardGainer. Check how gonzaga kicks, he does not lower his arm and still he knocked out Crocop. I remember we had a small discusion about that.
    You didn't have that discussion with me, because I've been getting flamed for MONTHS saying how you SHOULD keep the arm up. Get your **** right.

Oh, and there is a huge difference between training since you were a child and training for five years. Believe it or not, there is a middle ground of roughly 20-30 years you completely ignored.

Don't talk down to me.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.