seflower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

easy-to-make protein-shake?

nice rime, eh?

well, anyway. I've ran out of cash and protein-powder. Now i need to do somekind of protein-shake by myself. Since my parents buy me almost everything I might need. Except for protein-powder.

So, please give me an easy recepie of a protein-shake which is easy to do.

Thanks...
    ceflower - just another teen...

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wink

Well...it ain't a shake, but one of my younger friends is often broke too and his parents will buy him the food he requests but not supplements. He gets by quite well by eating eggs, drinking lowfat milk, and eating tuna. Eggs can be breakfast food of course, but you can hard-boil some and then they become portable food as well.

Oh, and I don't recommend consuming these things together. Tuna and milk? Blech!

Well, I already eat tuna, hard-boiled eggs and milk everyday... but I need something to have after my workout

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here are some recipes I found online:

HOMEMADE WEIGHT-GAINER
    by Curtis Dennis Jr. (found on bodybuilding.com)
    =================
    3 cups of whole milk
    3 whole eggs
    1 cup of vanilla (chocolate or strawberry can be substituted) ice cream
    2 bananas
    1 cup of nonfat-powdered milk

This is a HIGH powered protein shake that comes to about 1600 calories, so taking this at least two times a day, you should pack on considerable size onto your frame.

HOMEMADE PROTEIN SHAKE
    by John Wood Jr. (found on johnwoodjr.com)
    =================
    14 oz. apple juice
    3/4 c. instant oatmeal, uncooked
    1 banana
    6 egg whites with 2 yolks

Nuke the eggs for about one minute. Blend all ingredients together.

About 700 calories and it is all real; not processed food.

DI'S BASIC JUST THE WHITES PROTEIN SHAKE
    by Di Bauer (found on carbsmart.com)
    =================
    1/4 cup Just The Whites powdered egg whites
    1/8 cup heavy cream
    1/8 cup cold water or
    1/8 cup sugar free DaVinci syrup (any flavor)
    1 12-ounce can diet soda (any flavor) or 12 ounces sugar free flavored sparkling water
    artificial sweetener to taste (using liquid artificial sweetener will keep the carb count down)
    1 ounce cream cheese or 1 ounce plain unsweetened yogurt (both optional)
    1 tablespoon psyllium husks (optional - adding fiber, not carbs, here)
    12-15 ice cubes (or until desired consistency is reached)

Place everything but the ice cubes in the blender and process until well-combined. Add the ice cubes one at a time until your shake reacher the desired consistency. (Pulse works best for crunching up the ice cubes.)

If you use 12 to 15 ice cubes, the end result will have the consistency of a Wendy's Frosty. Omit the ice cubes, and you can just drink the shake.

I would be somewhat wary of using raw eggs in a shake. I know the old-school way of cracking eggs in a glass and guzzling 'em down appeals to some tough guys, but there is a danger there. Nuking 'em like the second recipe or using powdered eggs like the third may be a cool way to go.

I didn't write any of these and don't specifically think any of them are wonderful, but maybe they'll help you and give you some ideas to work with anyway.

William

perhaps a stupid question, but what is oatmeal? and what is yolks? have never heard of any of these before

I'll assume this is a real question borne of a bit of a language barrier between us and hope to not look stupid answering it. (I used to work for a British company and my manager told me that I should have a look under his bonnet...I though he was making a homosexual remark, but he wanted me to look under the hood of his car at the engine! LOL)

Yolk - the yellow inner mass of the egg

Oatmeal - meal made from ground or rolled oats; a cereal grain

CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CASE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by William
    . (I used to work for a British company and my manager told me that I should have a look under his bonnet...I though he was making a homosexual remark, but he wanted me to look under the hood of his car at the engine! LOL)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS THE FUNNIEST ****. OHHHHH MAN HOMOSEXUAL REMARK...LOL..... OH MAN IAM FROM THE U.K BUT I LIVE IN THE U.S AND I GET THAT KINDA MIX UP ALL THE TIME (I CALL PEOPLE MATE WHICH MEANS BUDDY IN THE U.K BUT IS LOOKED AS GAY HERE).

-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH-
    Case <---- This is Case, This is his dumb bell-----> [[]]=[[]]

"I've never paid for a push-up or a sit-up in my life and I've done millions."
    -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

-Case, available for weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs-

Yeah Case, another Brit used to always question me as to why we call what we do "driveways" and "parkways." He said it didn't make sense because here in the US we PARK on DRIVEways and DRIVE on PARKways! Seems to me that he is right!

I usually just reminded him of how we helped out in WWII and told him to shut up!

LOL

SupplementDiva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I was sooo curious ...

I was totally curious to see the recipes lol. A protein shake is none other than a filler upper. I think by putting egg whites, bananas, some cocoa powder, some 1% milk and ice, you can totally make a protein shake. Which reminds me... why am I spending $14 on a protein shake canister? LOL. Try it out and let me know what you think :-)

-Supplement Diva

illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmaticyo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol why not just cook a nice high protein meal bro? i'd rather eat something then drink a protein shake..

No1CanStopMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1CanStopMe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by seflower View Post
    nice rime, eh?

well, anyway. I've ran out of cash and protein-powder. Now i need to do somekind of protein-shake by myself. Since my parents buy me almost everything I might need. Except for protein-powder.

So, please give me an easy recepie of a protein-shake which is easy to do.

Thanks...
    I wuld say drink lots of milk..

youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngun91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6 raw eggs (rocky style)
    The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.

graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) graysonwc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2 cups HEB mootopia milk - 24g protein, 240 cals
    2 bananas - 200 cals
    4 tbsp Peanut butter - 14 g protein, 380 cals

I usually add in my protein powder here, adding in another 45g protein and 290 cals, but I guess if you absolutely can't get powder than it'd be ok without it.

= ~40g protein and 800 cals without the protein powder. Tastes alright too.

Oh, and add ice cubes too haha

gaspaonrocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello there !

It's my first post ever on these boards so nice to meet you all !

Anyway i want to make several shakes in advance to bring to work but i was wondering, do i need to put the whey right before i drink it or can i put it with the rest in the blender and still have benefits ?

I know some brand comes pre digested and/or with digestive enzymes, but if it's not on the label, it should be good right ?

Oh and i make mine with milk, honey, peanut butter, oats, bananas or apples and once i hit 2000 cals i pour in three small bottles for the day.

WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000) WatsonS90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by graysonwc View Post
    2 cups HEB mootopia milk - 24g protein, 240 cals
    2 bananas - 200 cals
    4 tbsp Peanut butter - 14 g protein, 380 cals

I usually add in my protein powder here, adding in another 45g protein and 290 cals, but I guess if you absolutely can't get powder than it'd be ok without it.

= ~40g protein and 800 cals without the protein powder. Tastes alright too.

Oh, and add ice cubes too haha
    4 tablespoons of PB!? And that only comes to 380 calories? What type of peanut butter do you buy?

I have 2 teaspoons and its comes to about 300 calories
    "Quit being a lil' bish!" - Ogus

+ My ICF 5x5 Training Journal of Redemption: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162644911

+ Instagram: @WatsonS90

JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMarsh42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    16oz skim milk - 160cal 16g protein
    8oz non-fat vanilla greek yogurt - 180cal 21g protein
    4tbsp peanut butter - 360 cal 14g protein

blend it up
    700 cal 51g protein

can use 8oz non-fat plain greek yogurt, and it'll up the protein by about 20, same calories
    Check out my lifting log at
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152795443

Bench: 185x6, 225x1
    Squat: 275x5, 300x1
    Dead: 315x6, 365x2

LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiftCore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Holy bump.
    Φ United Misc Frat Φ

OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000) OneMA2011 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow good bump
    Sponsored by SpartanSupps
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167327441