MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein shakes on empty stomach, or full stomach OK too?

Hey, I have never really asked this. However, I've always wondered if protein shakes have to be taken on an empty stomach so it can get absorbed all the way, or can you take it on a full stomach too?

I've been curious for so long, but never asked 'cause I remember reading somewhere that supposedly drinking them on an empty stomach is better. Is this true, or does it not matter when you take/drink a protein shake?

redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dno why you would take it on a full stomach, as you have just eaten, and would have little need for the shake
    "The production of bull**** is stimulated whenever a person's obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic exceed his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic."- Harry Frankfurt

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whey protein is basically food. Can you eat a chicken breast on a full stomach, yes, but why?

MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikotoRocks714 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Whey protein is basically food. Can you eat a chicken breast on a full stomach, yes, but why?
    'Cause you're hungry? LOL, j/k.

OK, let me ask in a different way. Say I want to drink a protein shake with a chicken breast instead of water (or another drink,) will all the nutrients in the shake be absorbed?

That's what I was trying to say, so sorry for the confusion if any. It's 'cause I remember reading the label on Met-Rx's Ultramyosin Whey, and it said to take it on an empty stomach for better absorption, but it confused me 'cause a protein shake IS food. *Pulls hair.*

redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) redhawk76 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well if you are eating chicken, or any whole meal, why not just eat a complete whole food meal? A shake should only be used immediately pre/post workout, or when it is more convenient than whole food
    "The production of bull**** is stimulated whenever a person's obligations or opportunities to speak about some topic exceed his knowledge of the facts that are relevant to that topic."- Harry Frankfurt

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MikotoRocks714 View Post
    Hey, I have never really asked this. However, I've always wondered if protein shakes have to be taken on an empty stomach so it can get absorbed all the way, or can you take it on a full stomach too?

I've been curious for so long, but never asked 'cause I remember reading somewhere that supposedly drinking them on an empty stomach is better. Is this true, or does it not matter when you take/drink a protein shake?
    The fun just doesn't end today.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    Well if you are eating chicken, or any whole meal, why not just eat a complete whole food meal? A shake should only be used immediately pre/post workout, or when it is more convenient than whole food
    Yeah, I know food is number 1 and the key to success (I put this first.) However, an answer is still needed. Will the nutrients still be absorbed if taken with a meal? LOL.

Originally Posted by envythahustla View Post
    It's a n00bs want to know question, and I'm a n00b LOL. Sorry that I'm not all full of info/bodybuilding knowledge like most of you.

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, I know food is number 1 and the key to success (I put this first.) However, an answer is still needed. Will the nutrients still be absorbed if taken with a meal? LOL.
    Well... yeah. The nutrients don't change. Why not make two chicken breasts and sip a shake between meals or use them to replace a meal if you need to?

Thumbs up

It has been a great day on here

Technically, yes. Will you be ingesting 80g of protein at the same time? Then it is up to debate how much protein you will actually be able to use. I still don't quite get WHY you are asking, this is pointless

Originally Posted by redhawk76 View Post
    It has been a great day on here

Technically, yes. Will you be ingesting 80g of protein at the same time? Then it is up to debate how much protein you will actually be able to use. I still don't quite get WHY you are asking, this is pointless
    Pointless to you, yes. But it's the label on Met-Rx's Ultramyosin that confused me, so the hell with you label (saying to take Ultramyosin on an empty stomach only!) *Shakes fist.*

Originally Posted by browndustin View Post
    Well... yeah. The nutrients don't change. Why not make two chicken breasts and sip a shake between meals or use them to replace a meal if you need to?
    THANK YOU! You just answered my question. Reps!

RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    'Cause you're hungry? LOL, j/k.

OK, let me ask in a different way. Say I want to drink a protein shake with a chicken breast instead of water (or another drink,) will all the nutrients in the shake be absorbed?

That's what I was trying to say, so sorry for the confusion if any. It's 'cause I remember reading the label on Met-Rx's Ultramyosin Whey, and it said to take it on an empty stomach for better absorption, but it confused me 'cause a protein shake IS food. *Pulls hair.*
    Protein shakes are intended to give you a fast supply of energy and nutrients to your body when regular food is not readily available, such as before and after a workout when you may not have time to prepare a meal. Also in between meals such as lunch and dinner to keep that supply of protein to feed your muscles.

Can you have it with a chicken breast? - Sure, you will have a more filling meal, and it will absorb along with the chicken breast.

Originally Posted by RubenC View Post
    Protein shakes are intended to give you a fast supply of energy and nutrients to your body when regular food is not readily available, such as before and after a workout when you may not have time to prepare a meal. Also in between meals such as lunch and dinner to keep that supply of protein to feed your muscles.

Can you have it with a chicken breast? - Sure, you will have a more filling meal, and it will absorb along with the chicken breast.
    Reps to you too! That's ALL I wanted to know, as this was one of those little annoying non-important things that I just had to have answered. Thanks Ruben, my name is also Ruben by the way.

Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Elliptical Envy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just read the label or write-up for that protein and I see how you were confused. Whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate are absorbed quickly, so in the absence of food it would be great if you need a quick burst of animo acids. Depending on what you eat (i.e. fats) that could slow down the absorption of the proteins.
    HALEO Lead Forum Representative

Echo in Eternity

Store Link - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html
    ******** Page - www.********.com/pages/HALEO-Worldwide-Inc/344612048892858

RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubenC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Reps to you too! That's ALL I wanted to know, as this was one of those little annoying non-important things that I just had to have answered. Thanks Ruben, my name is also Ruben by the way.
    Hey small world! LOL !!

Glad I could help.

Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eyedentify is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your stomach is full it will just going to be a waste, it may still get absorbed but only a bit since its competing for absorption with the meal you just ate.

Even the meal you just ate might not be fully absorbed, shoving down a protein shake at this time would just be a waste of money

Originally Posted by browndustin View Post
    sip a shake between meals or use them to replace a meal if you need to?
    Listen to this guy, take your protein shake on empty stomach to allow full absorption. If you feel the need to have extra nutrients to add up to your meal then just add more food
    Last edited by Eyedentify; 04-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

HAHAHA
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Originally Posted by Eyedentify View Post
    If your stomach is full it will just going to be a waste, it may still get absorbed but only a bit since its competing for absorption with the meal you just ate.

Even the meal you just ate might not be fully absorbed, shoving down a protein shake at this time would just be a waste of money

Listen to this guy, take your protein shake on empty stomach to allow full absorption. If you feel the need to have extra nutrients to add up to your meal then just add more food
    Yeah, I always take my protein shakes on an empty stomach. One right after waking up, and then another after my workout. I just wanted to know though, so thanks. Your answer is also what I wanted to know. Reps!

Thanks!

dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i take it right after i work out then i wait a little and eat dinner.
    "Well I Mean Milk Is Juice From A Cow Right?"

I rep back