Slyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio right after eating

I don't know how stupid this sounds, but about 15 minutes after I finished eating dinner, I ran a few sprints. Sure, I felt like I was going to throw up, but my body got that "whew, I'm burning fat!" feeling. Plus, I started sweating pretty heavily. I mean, I only ran a few 30 second sprints, and I'm in pretty good shape. Just wanted to ask all the experts here if this was an intelligent idea, or whether I should have refrained.

*NOTE* I wasn't waiting to do my cardio on a full stomach. I had just finished eating when I realized that I had not done my cardio yet today. I would have run more sprints, but I started to feel like I was going to vomit after only a few, so I thought I should probably stop

When I was finished with the sprints, it felt as if I'd just done 15 minutes of some moderate cardio, when I'd only really done about 4-5 minutes worth. Have I just discovered the secret to some butt-kicking cardio? *crosses fingers*

Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If its a big meal, I would suggest waiting.

If you felt like vomiting, it would not be a good idea.

Your body should be givin time to digest, especially a large meal.

Although I dont think anything negative would happen, besides not being able to work out as hard or as long as you would like, And also Vomiting alot of calories that you would have to make up for

ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ARMY_of_One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol Jef... yeah those cals are too valuable to puke out..

slyguy,

I have done that in the past but I get that feeling of nausea real quick when I run right after eating. I'll never forget doing hundreds of "side strattle hops"(jumping jacks) right after eating chow at basic.. talk about feeling like your gonna hurl!

not too mention your body functions best doing one thing at a time, a lot of your blood is working in the digestive system.. your legs will be competing for blood and 02
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

5'10 and 185, aiming for a ripped 190.. Goin for the LL Cool J look.

Slyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol, darn...I was hoping that I had discovered the secret to eternal life...I mean fat loss.

xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    reporting from the future, just had the same exp u had and it was very bad to be honest. I fainted while trying to push myself harder, and thank God my mate was with my to help me out.

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xsizo View Post
    reporting from the future, just had the same exp u had and it was very bad to be honest. I fainted while trying to push myself harder, and thank God my mate was with my to help me out.
    I thought you said you puked...

Is this a different time? Maybe you should take it a bit easier...

xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it was a different experience