TheFuture88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Theres been alot of Vertical Leap Questions lately so here a few program

Program Number 1

Day 1

Depth Jumps- 6 sets x 3 reps
    Find the box height that enables you to jump the highest after ground contact. Start with a low 8-10 inch box, step off, and upon hitting the ground immediately jump up and measure the height you can jump. Make note of the height and increase the height of the box and do this again. Keep increasing the box height until you find the point that enables you the highest jump and stick with that height for the remainder of your sets. So if you can jump 25 inches from an 8 inch box, 28 inches from a 14 inch box, and 25 inches from a 20 inch box you would stick with the 14 inch box. Rest 3-5 minute between sets.

Squat- Perform 5 sets of 3-5 reps making sure you go all the way down past parallel. Keep increasing the weight as long as you can maintain perfect form.

Step-back lunges- 4 sets of 6-8 reps. Use a barbell on your back and from the erect position take a big step back until you're down in the low lunge position. Complete all the reps on your weaker leg before advancing on to the other leg.
    Glute-ham raise, reverse hyper, or leg curl- 4 sets x 6-8 reps. If you don't have access to a glute-ham or reverse hyper bench perform regular leg curls.

Day 4

Squats- 6 sets x 3 reps in 3 seconds- Find a weight that allows you to get your 3 reps in 3 seconds and stick with this weight for all your sets. It might be 40% of your max squat, it might be 55%, it might be 70%. It will vary but your goal is to do your squats as fast as possible but maintain good form.

Wide Grip Deadlift- 4 sets x 3 reps- Take a wide grip on the bar so that at least one of your fingers is out far enough to touch the smooth part of the bar. Focus on "squeezing" the bar off the floor by using your glutes and hamstrings without allowing your back to round forward.

Split Squats- 3 sets x 8-10 reps. This is a lunge variation with your back leg elevated on a bench. Your lead leg should be far away from the bench so that your lead knee stays even with or behind your toes on that leg.
    Rest 3 days and repeat day #1 and cycle these workouts back and forth resting 3 days in between each workout. You can set it up on a Monday and Thursday weekly split. Aim to consistently increase the amount of weight you lift. You should find your depth jumps getting higher and your poundages increasing on a weekly basis. Aim to have a little patience with that obsession of yours and you should be dunking in no time at all!

Program #2
    This is a program designed to improve power output and help you to practice the Olympic Lifts. Before starting this, test all your max lifts, vertical jump and 40-yard dash.

Weeks 1-6 – Maximal Strength Lifting
    All exercises are to be done for 5 sets of 5 reps, as much weight as you can use and still complete 5 reps, except the clean which should be done with just the bar to practice form.
    Rest 3 minutes between sets.
    You can add ab work to the end of every workout, 5 sets of 10 reps.

Monday, Thursday
    Power Clean from High Hang
    Full Squat
    Romanian Deadlift
    Waiter’s Bow
    Natural Glute-Ham Raise

Tuesday, Friday
    Incline Press
    Sternum Chin
    Military Press
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row

Week 7
    Retest your max lifts.

Weeks 8-13 – Dynamic Lifting
    All exercises are to be done for 8 sets of 3 reps with about 55% of the most weight you could use for one rep, with jump squats being done with 30% of your 1RM squat.
    Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    You can add ab work to the end of every workout, 6 sets of 12 reps.

Monday, Thursday
    Power Clean From High Hang
    High Hang Clean Pull
    Pause Squat
    Jump Squat

Tuesday, Friday
    Push Press
    Incline Press
    Seated Row
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row

Week 14
    Retest all of your max lifts.

Weeks 15-20 – Westside Style Lifting
    You can add 6 sets of 15 reps of ab work to every workout.
    Max Effort Day – 6 sets of 3 reps for every exercise with as much weight as you can use to complete 4 reps. Rest 3 minutes between sets.
    Dynamic Day – 6 sets of 3 reps for every exercise with about 55% of the weight you can use for one rep, except use about 32% of your squat 1 RM for jump squats and no weight for bounds. Rest 2 minutes between sets.

Monday – Max Effort Lower Body
    Full Squat
    Sumo Deadlift
    Step-Up
    Natural Glute-Ham Raise

Tuesday – Max Effort Upper Body
    Incline Press
    Dumbbell Press
    Sternum Chin
    Seated Row

Thursday – Dynamic Effort Lower Body
    Pause Squat
    Power Clean From High Hang
    Jump Squat
    Double Bounds

Friday – Dynamic Effort Upper Body
    Push Press
    Bench Press
    Seated Row
    One-Arm Dumbbell Row

Week 21
    Retest your max lifts, vertical jump and 40-yard dash.

If you'd like to give any criticism or discuss this in anyway, post it the Other Programs section. Don't clutter this section with posts.

Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Falcon01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow program no 2 looks a lot like my current routine... looks good... have u actually used either of these routines? If so, please share your results
    Just squat

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Looks good !!!!
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

BigPlaya3030 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPlaya3030 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im 19 and like 6'3 and a half 202 and in two years i've upped my 3 step vertical from 24 inches to 37 inches

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigPlaya3030
    Im 19 and like 6'3 and a half 202 and in two years i've upped my 3 step vertical from 24 inches to 37 inches
    How did you do it?

BigPlaya3030 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigPlaya3030 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    haha **** that was the whole point of my post my bad guys....I was just going to say a combination of Box jumps, regular squats, cleans and DEADLIFTS really helped with me....I have to go to practice but I'll get into more detail later when i'm back if u guys want...later

l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes... need... advice.... any advice

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BigPlaya3030
    haha **** that was the whole point of my post my bad guys....I was just going to say a combination of Box jumps, regular squats, cleans and DEADLIFTS really helped with me....I have to go to practice but I'll get into more detail later when i'm back if u guys want...later
    I want details.