bw95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy trying to find right supplement combo

I am 18 and have been lifting on and off for about 3 years, steadily for the last 8 months. With no supplements at all. I took Xenadrine over the summer and lost about 30 pounds, along with some muscle of course, but have built it back to pre xenadrine stage, a little more in some exercises. Im now 6'1 190. I'm fairly big for most 18 year olds. I would like to put on more lean muscle, maybe even cut up a bit. Despite losing the 30 lbs. I still have a some pudge on me, perhaps some of it is loose skin that I think is fat. Now I understand its fairly hard to cut up and gain muscle. I don't want to bulk up at all, I have enough fat built up on me. Ive been reading alot of the posts, and so far Im thinking take whey protein, glutamine, ZMA possibly?, and a multivitamin. Basically I dont want to gain very much more weight, just work with what I have. Im guessing that would leave Creatine out, as it is a bulking supplement. I still need a little help with the above supplements as far as what they actually accomplish and dosage. I train 4 days a week with Wed, Sat, and Sun being my rest days. Im starting to plataeu a little and would like to gain more lean muscle and strenght without bulking, more definition. I know you are all thinking yeah gain muscle without the bulking and adding weight. Im hoping its still possible. Anybody with some input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cmon fellas

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. To make the question simpler, what supplements do you guys take when you're not trying to bulk up? Are there only two stages: bulking and cutting? Can't you just be lifting, with neither goal in mind. Thats what I want to do. I dont want to bulk, if anything I want to cut. I was thinking though that if I keep gaining strength and lifting that my pudge would start to turn into muscle. Hopefully if I start taking some supplements my strength will increase. I just want to know what bulking suppplements to stay away from. Will the supplements in my above post be ok for gaining lean muscle? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you want the impossible(close to it anyway) you can't have it both ways, either you are growing bigger, or getting smaller. Decide then pick the sups to meet that goal, it is important to have a goal if you want to get anywhere. But good solid basics are creatine, zma, and protein. None of these will make you gain fat but will increase muscle growth and strength.

Originally posted by Manteca
    But good solid basics are creatine, zma, and protein. None of these will make you gain fat but will increase muscle growth and strength.
    Im confused. If none of these supps make you gain fat, then what do you need to cut for? Doesn't creatine bloat you up? If I dont have to worry about gaining any extra fat, then Ill start takin em right away. Please elaborate. Thanks.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi,
    creatine does bloat you up; actually it fills your muscular cells with water but not fat. Water makes you heavier on the scale and you will look bigger, but its not due to an increase of bodyfat but more of water.

Les say you have a lil extra fat on the chest and decide to take creatine.. retaining more water under that fat will make you somehow fatter.

ZMA and protein will not get you fatter ; unless you drink like 10 shakes per day, more than you need...in that case, your body wont use all of the protein and will store it as fat. But with about 2 shakes per day, you don't have to worry bout that.

Ok youre 190 pounds 6'1. I had the same problem : 4 months ago, I was 5'11 170 pounds. I used to be overweight and lost a lot of muscle and fat in a short period of time (lost around 55 pounds in 5 months). At 170 pounds, i wasnt happy coz i wasnt as lean as i wanted too....in other words, i didn't have any six pack. Also, i didn't want to lose any more mass, 170 pounds for me was all ready pretty low.
    So what i did was bulk up some weight (fat and muscle) for about 2 months ( i gained around 25 pounds muscle AND FAT, coz i ate like a monster and trained hard).

DID I gain some strength??Yes; Did i gain some fat??? Yes. Was I upset ?? a bit.

After bulking up, i went on a diet (im on it right now), to get back at my initial weight (170 pounds) but this time, to keep all the muscles i gained from that bulk phase and lose the extra fat. I'm at 182 pounds right now and look all ready leaner than I did when i was 170 pounds..

I suggest you try to do the same...I know its hard to accept the fact of gaining extra fat when you all ready want to lose the pudge you have, but its a little price to pay when you see that you aslo gained some strength and muscles.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Registered User jagjeetsingh435's Avatar
    jagjeetsingh435 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Mass Gaining Supplement

If you are looking to gain muscle & strength then mass gaining supplement is best option for you