Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Best Cereal for Breakfast

Since January, I've been eating oatmeal and drinking a protein shake for breakfast. Eating oatmeal morning after morning tends to get old after a while, so I'll occassionally eat a breakfast cereal just to mix things up. What is the best cereal for breakfast in terms of nutrition?

Most cereals are high in sugar or have a high GI rating. I'm trying to keep my body fat down and feel that some cereals (Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Waffle Crisps) will contradict my goals. Usually, I'll either eat Honey Bunches of Oats (with Almonds), Total or Multi-Grain Cereal (with Pecans and Nuts).

Appreciate any responses.

-Maroon
    Current Stats: 5'9"/205 lbs.

My bodybuilding axioms - discipline, hard training, and proper nutrition

Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shreaded Wheat w/ extra bran is really good

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/172food.html

To us, cold breakfast cereals, even many of the brands touted as "healthy," are pure physique killers. Cereal is breakfast candy, nothing more, nothing less. In fact, corn flakes have a GI rating even worse than white bread! And how about these cereals that give you "energy", like Grape Nuts? Yep, at 47 carbs per teeny tiny serving (and what bodybuilder would eat one serving anyway?), most people would be in an insulin-induced coma by lunch.

Here’s a piece of trivia for you. John Harvey Kellogg, the founder of Kellogg’s cereal, invented Corn Flakes to reduce sexual desire and curb the "epidemic" of masturbation. Besides "castrating" people with ****ty, high-carb breakfast foods, Kellogg also recommended that small boys (not infants) be circumcised without anesthetic so they would forever associate the penis with pain. He also thought that women should have their clitorises treated with carbolic acid to prevent what he called "abnormal excitement." As a side note, Sylvester Graham invented the Graham Cracker believing it would also diminish male sexual desire.

Now tell me, do you really want to eat a food designed to make you a Testosterone-free eunuch?

All that said, there are a couple of good cereals out there, but not many. All Bran and Fiber One make decent oatmeal replacements, just eat some protein with them. All Bran Extra Fiber only has 50 calories a serving and 13 grams of fiber, almost four times as much as oatmeal!

Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maroon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the response, Azzazzin and Josh37. That was a good article.

-Maroon
    Current Stats: 5'9"/205 lbs.

My bodybuilding axioms - discipline, hard training, and proper nutrition

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    kashi go lean crunch tastes good. to be perfectly honest, i haven't closely examined its carbohydrate breakdown, but i know it's got a decent amount of fiber. dudes are gonna chime in with crerals like fiber-one, but trust.. you'll get sick of that quicker than oatlmeal, lol.

eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by alan aragon
    kashi go lean crunch tastes good. to be perfectly honest, i haven't closely examined its carbohydrate breakdown, but i know it's got a decent amount of fiber. dudes are gonna chime in with crerals like fiber-one, but trust.. you'll get sick of that quicker than oatlmeal, lol.
    Kashi GoLEAN is better than the Crunch version as it contains less sugar.

Along with old-fashioned Oatmeal and scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, 1/2 cup egg-beaters), I have a bowl of Kashi GoLEAN (40 grams) and 1 cup skim milk.

Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't live without my Resse's Peanut Butter Puffs... or Fruity Pebbles... or Cinnamon Toast Crunch... or a hundred other horrible cereals that you aren't supposed to like.

I usually have eggs for breakfast and one bowl of cereal of whatever kind I want.

Generally, for a bodybuilder, there is very few cereals that are helpful for your physique goals. GoLEAN Crunch (or regular GoLEAN) are the only ones I can think of that you might consider. GoLEAN Crunch actually tastes pretty good... but not enough for me to give up Apple Cinnamon Cheerios.

Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I too have gotten sick of oats + protein powder, thankfully I found the new Labrada Lean Body Breakfast Shakes!

These shakes are really healthy and don't taste too bad, best of all it takes only minutes to make and consume.

The shake is like 40 grams of protein, 35 low GI carbs, some glutamine, a multivitamin mix, EFA's, and more.

The shakes contain 35 grams of low GI carbs, made from oats, brown rice, etc.. Now this stuff is ground up so I know that modifies the GI a little but its still a thick shake and I feel a good energy for 2+ hours after I consume these. No high GI sweeteners or anything.

I mix mine with water btw as I'm cutting and I think the taste is just fine.
    Cutting - 6' 3" - 28 yrs
    Jan 10th - 219 lbs (end of winter dirty bulk)
    July 30th - 192lbs - Approx 9% bf

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    * Oatmeal
    * Kashi Go Lean
    * Fiber One

Alan is right, the taste leaves much to be desired. Ahh, but wait, what is this...toppings!

Add strawberries and blueberries to any cereal as well as protein powder to your oatmeal (after you've cooked it) and top it off with cinnamon.

Now you have a power packed breakfast with protein (preferably whey, at breakfast)

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shredded Wheat, Oatmeal, Kashi, 100% Whole Wheat Chex just to name a few.
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Insane Clown
    I can't live without my Resse's Peanut Butter Puffs... or Fruity Pebbles... or Cinnamon Toast Crunch... or a hundred other horrible cereals that you aren't supposed to like.
    Do you not care how much better your gains would be if you actually ate like a bodybuilder?

Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Insane Clown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do you not care how much better your gains would be if you actually ate like a bodybuilder?
    Only a little. If all I cared about was gains, I'd be taking creatine and steroids, too.

I don't go all out on cereal, and having a bowl here or there doesn't bother me in the least.

Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Falkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Insane Clown
    Only a little. If all I cared about was gains, I'd be taking creatine and steroids, too.

Pretty big differance between taking creatine and steroids
    Cutting - 6' 3" - 28 yrs
    Jan 10th - 219 lbs (end of winter dirty bulk)
    July 30th - 192lbs - Approx 9% bf

Originally posted by Falkon
    Pretty big differance between taking creatine and steroids
    Heh, yeah. I wasn't trying to really lump them in the same category, but I have personal reasons for not taking either of them when I'm sure they could surely help me increase my gains.

lochick87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love the original Special K. Only 4g of sugar per cup and it tastes good.
    GO ASTROS! WE BEE-LIEVE!!

"Things can be different only of you make them different."

Oct 20 - 178
    Oct 27 -
    Nov 4 -
    Nov 11 -
    Nov 18 -
    Nov 25 -

Max Bench - 225
    Max Squat - 295
    May Leg Press - 340
    Max DB Curl - 35

turborl7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd have to go with Grape Nuts, unless its not tasty enough for you.

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by turborl7
    I'd have to go with Grape Nuts, unless its not tasty enough for you.
    grape nuts are bad for you. read the article posted earlier.