big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob

Which way is the RIGHT way to bench press?

ok, when i bench press, i hold my hands far apart and use my chest alot when i'm initially raising the weight off the rack, with my form, i bring my arms down and when they bend, my elbows stick out Perpendicular to my body.

some people, including a person demonstrating the bench press on some website i was looking at, hold there hands closer and don't use there chest to raise the weight... then their elbows bend sticking out parallel where they almost could touch there abs

(can you picture my form compared to theres?)

anyway, i've found that because of my technique, MY WAY, i can actually lift 20lbs more off the rack than i can actually bench press

others that use the other form, can't even lift the weight that they max out at off the rack without a spotter

basically, i've came to the conclusion that those people use there arms alot more, and i use my chest and deltiods more

now... i'm not sure which way is the right way, but I'd really like to know what you guys think, especially some of the very experienced mods

thanks
    i'm talking about being 20 steps ahead of everybody in this world... i'm talking about only being 25 years old, just on point and game tight, like making my $200,000 a year legally, then hustleing out another $50,000 in my spare time, i'm talking about the first impression you might get of me is me rolling up in $2000 suits with 20" arms straight benching 400, with rolexes, 20's on the escalade, just on point and game tight..

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is no right way. you are just accentuating the muscles that you want to when you try that either way. wide grip works the chest better and closed grip works the triceps more

big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob big rob
    Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
    there is no right way. you are just accentuating the muscles that you want to when you try that either way. wide grip works the chest better and closed grip works the triceps more

ok to make this easier my form is FORM A
    the other form is FORM B

well, do you think i should train with form B in order
    to kinda "play catch up" with my triceps because my chest is so far ahead

i can bench 40lbs more with my form A with the other form B

i also know people who can bench 30 more lbs using form B than they can using form A
    i'm talking about being 20 steps ahead of everybody in this world... i'm talking about only being 25 years old, just on point and game tight, like making my $200,000 a year legally, then hustleing out another $50,000 in my spare time, i'm talking about the first impression you might get of me is me rolling up in $2000 suits with 20" arms straight benching 400, with rolexes, 20's on the escalade, just on point and game tight..

ex_banana-eater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by big rob

ok to make this easier my form is FORM A
    the other form is FORM B

well, do you think i should train with form B in order
    to kinda "play catch up" with my triceps because my chest is so far ahead

i can bench 40lbs more with my form A with the other form B

i also know people who can bench 30 more lbs using form B than they can using form A
    it all depends... you could risk an elbow injury with form B. but why not throw in some skull crushers after your bench to help out your triceps, and continue benching the way you know

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do the thumb trick. Your thumbs should be exteneded from the first "grip" and your hands should be placed there.

BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My suggestion

go down until the back of your arms are parrallel to the floor is what I suggest. Its hows real control of the weight to stop it.

You can also change now and again and go deep by brinnging the bar all the way to your chest, but DO NOT BOUNCE IT.

Always come down atleast as far as the first suggestion, your not working hard enough until you hit this point.

Re: My suggestion

Originally posted by BigPopaPump
    go down until the back of your arms are parrallel to the floor is what I suggest. Its hows real control of the weight to stop it.

You can also change now and again and go deep by brinnging the bar all the way to your chest, but DO NOT BOUNCE IT.

Always come down atleast as far as the first suggestion, your not working hard enough until you hit this point.

well i always bring the bar down to my chest... i'm not completly sure you I explained it good enough to you.

alright, form B is kinda like holding your hands in front of you as if your were praying(arms really close together)now imagine holding the bar in this position at the bottom of the rep
    look where you elbows are... this is form b

now form A on the other hand, the way i do it now
    hold your arms out like your gonna give someone a big hug
    now imagine holding the bar at the bottom of the rep in this position, arms obviously way farther apart

get the idea?? i just wasn't sure if you understood it.

BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigPopaPump is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking ok

hand positions huh?

when the bottom of your arms are parrallel to the floor, your forearms should be pointing straight up. Infact your forearms should be parrallel also. So when you push out a rep you can squeeze your chest at the end. This is hard to explain, I'm used to training in person.

form b

that sounds like a tricep press to me.

Re: ok

Originally posted by BigPopaPump
    hand positions huh?

when the bottom of your arms are parrallel to the floor, your forearms should be pointing straight up. Infact your forearms should be parrallel also. So when you push out a rep you can squeeze your chest at the end. This is hard to explain, I'm used to training in person.
    i'm pretty sure I get what you mean, yeah its really hard to explain some things on the net.

but i think bananaeater was right about throwing in some skull crushers afterwards