Cz4r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to tone my abs

Hey guys I need some help. I work out about 4-5 times a week and got my routine down and enjoy it. However my stomach has looked the same for about 2 years. I know there is muscle but I got like this "fat" covering it. I'm 6"4' , and hover around 215pounds. I have no problem how I look but I would like to tone my stomach properly and actually develop a 6 pack. Currently every time i go to gym I run about 10-15 minutes, and do about 50-100 situps doing various exercises. (1 excersis for the bottom half, and 1 for the top half of the abs). My goal would be to lose about 5 pounds, but specifically from my abdominal area. I think about 210-215 is the idea weight for me now, given the size of my arms and chest.

So I have though about maybe swimming laps after a work out, but that is kind of hard to fit into my schedule. Can someone guide me in the right direction of what I should do to help with the abs. Also if it incorporates cardio i'm all for it cause I would like to raise my stamina as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cz4r View Post
    Hey guys I need some help. I work out about 4-5 times a week and got my routine down and enjoy it. However my stomach has looked the same for about 2 years. I know there is muscle but I got like this "fat" covering it. I'm 6"4' , and hover around 215pounds. I have no problem how I look but I would like to tone my stomach properly and actually develop a 6 pack. Currently every time i go to gym I run about 10-15 minutes, and do about 50-100 situps doing various exercises. (1 excersis for the bottom half, and 1 for the top half of the abs). My goal would be to lose about 5 pounds, but specifically from my abdominal area. I think about 210-215 is the idea weight for me now, given the size of my arms and chest.

So I have though about maybe swimming laps after a work out, but that is kind of hard to fit into my schedule. Can someone guide me in the right direction of what I should do to help with the abs. Also if it incorporates cardio i'm all for it cause I would like to raise my stamina as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Do cardio-swimming is excellent cardio. Do you do weighted movements for the abdominals?
    Last edited by DJAuto; 04-22-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yet to evolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    up your pace wen running, if ur on treadmil for example go from 7 mph to 7.5 c how that feels then go up 7.6 for 15 mins if thats easy

also ur diet is more important then everything no how much protien, carbs to eat, drink only water , stay away from booze n goodluck

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calories In vs. Calories Out

Calories Out > Calories In = weight/fat loss = abs.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^ Yup.

Currently every time i go to gym I run about 10-15 minutes, and do about 50-100 situps doing various exercises. (1 excersis for the bottom half, and 1 for the top half of the abs). My goal would be to lose about 5 pounds, but specifically from my abdominal area.
    50-100 situps won't do much for you. If you want to grow your ab's, you need weighted movements. It's no different then any other muscle.

Spot reduction is a myth, the body sheds fat how it does. More visable ab's requires dropping your BF%.

That's a kitchen thing, not a gym thing.
    something clever and witty

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The biggest factor, as stated above, is having low BF. But in addition to that, you have to have developed ab muscles for them to look defined. I keep abs pretty simple, one time per week. Here are some examples of what I do:

Decline situps
    Crunch machine
    Situp machine
    Cable crunches (excellent)
    Twisting movements for the obliques

I use weight for all these exercises and aim for about 8-10 reps. Occassionally I switch it up and do no weight for 20+ reps, but the most effective thing for me is the weighted movements.

Thank you for the advice. I will make sure I longer and faster and add weight to my ab work out. Would you guys suggest to just choose a day and do abs just that day or to just do it every time I go to the gym.

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you for the advice. I will make sure I longer and faster and add weight to my ab work out. Would you guys suggest to just choose a day and do abs just that day or to just do it every time I go to the gym.
    I am of the belief that you should treat abs as you would any other muscle group. They need time to recover and grow, so every day is just dumb IMO. I would say twice a week tops, but once is probably enough.

Makes sense, I'll do that. Thank you again.

danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Saying your 6'4 215 means nothing, you could have a high bf% still even if you look relatively lean. bf% is everything for abs, well that and genetics but mostly bf. The best thing you could probably do right now to lower your bf is to go on a cut diet and up the intensity of your workouts. I know people who have six packs and don't even do abs in the gym, ab workouts are good but aren't absolutely needed for a six pack.

Really up the intensity of your cardio as well, try some HIIT cardio and really challange yourself, get out of your comfort zone and work it hard. Getting a six pack is the hardest thing to do for most people since it requires a really low % of bf. Keep reading these boards and check out the main site for nutrition/workout guides.