Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Black Razor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Bodybuilders Breakfast

So here's the deal. I am a professional chef, and I am dedicated to my body. It is my strong belief that taste isn't neccessarily sacrificed just because you watch what you eat.

So what is a suitable breakfast for a bodybuilder? I have had a few suggestions but not really a variety enough to satisfy my taste buds.

Anyone, perhaps you could give me more of an idea as to what I should make sure I am taking in diet wise for breakfast, and I can choose the actual foods myself.

I would also enjoy recipes from everyone, if you have a favorite breakfast. I personally enjoy pancakes, in which I add protein powder to the mix. It's an easy way to get extra protein.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
    -Henry Kissinger

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
    -George Bernard Shaw

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."
    -Woody Allen

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good food for a bbers breakfast

oats
    milk
    eggs
    fruit
    flaxoil
    oliveoil

i just use things like coco powder to make food taste nicer.

sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Breakfast can be a pretty big meal - you're pulling your body out of 8 hours of inactivity, plus you need fuel for the day. Complex carbs, good protein, and some healthy fats too. Breakfast items can include oatmeal, toast, eggs, protein shakes, anything that fits in there. My personal favorite: 4 egg whites, 3 oz of lean ham, and 1 cup of oatmeal, scrambled up and served with tons of cinammon on top.
    not big yet... but im gonna get there
    the battle of the doggpound has begun

tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    55g of whey protein and 1 1/2 cup of oats. Yeah, I'm boring, buy hey, it works for me!

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lately I've been making this.

1 pack MRP
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup soy milk or skim milk

mix it up and cook... tastes just like real pancakes. Takes 10 minutes.

Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of any of the keto type syrups and I get

55g Protein 40 Carbs 8g Fat

Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On 2 corn tortillas:
    3 egg whites scrambled crumbled up morningstar farms sausage
    top with healthy slice of tomatoes and sprinkle with basil and pepper. Top that with a tablespoon of fresh grated parmesan and bake on 300 for 10 minutes.

www.morningstarfarms.com. Can be found at any grocery store or buy bulk at costco.

There's more where that one came from

Black Razor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Awesome,

I can see I touched upon a subject here that a lot of us care about. If anyone else has recipes, please share. Knowledge is power.

I will take some time later to post some of my recipes for dinner entres. I have a recipe for a tuna steak with an orange mango salsa that only has 7 grams of sugar. Its killer. I personally prefer serving it with a heaping portion of steamed broccoli lightly sprinkled with garlic salt. Its very simple to make, and its very tasty. Anyone interested?

Please note that my culinary specialty has been for the past 3 years low fat cuisine to help people lose weight. It's gonna take me a while to adjust my recipes and pattern of thought to bulking and cutting. It is an entirely different game nutritionally.

Once I get an idea of what is more appropriate nutritionally for a bodybuilder, I will put together some recipes. I am more than sure that there isnt a single bodybuilder here who wouldnt mind a chef's touch on recipes aimed to help a bodybuilder.

Keep an eye out for a thread called The Bodybuilders Cookbook. I will post my recipes there.

Later.
    Last edited by Black Razor; 03-13-2004 at 04:15 PM.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
    -Henry Kissinger

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
    -George Bernard Shaw

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."
    -Woody Allen

Hating you since 1982 One eye pimp's Avatar
    One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One eye pimp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: The Bodybuilders Breakfast

Originally posted by Black Razor
    So here's the deal. I am a professional chef, and I am dedicated to my body. It is my strong belief that taste isn't neccessarily sacrificed just because you watch what you eat.

So what is a suitable breakfast for a bodybuilder? I have had a few suggestions but not really a variety enough to satisfy my taste buds.

Anyone, perhaps you could give me more of an idea as to what I should make sure I am taking in diet wise for breakfast, and I can choose the actual foods myself.

I would also enjoy recipes from everyone, if you have a favorite breakfast. I personally enjoy pancakes, in which I add protein powder to the mix. It's an easy way to get extra protein.
    Hey Black Razor where do you work? I'm also into cooking although I'm not a professional chef but I do know my stuff. My favorite meal is whole wheat pizza with tomato sauce and chicken strips and roasted bell peppers.

My breakfast consists of a 2 egg omelette (use some sour cream for richness), 2 slices of w/w bread, 1 slice of deli meat, 1 cup of oatmeal (old fashioned style) with some honey and 1 cup of yogurt, 1 glass of juice (usually orange or apple whatever's on sale).

Here's a picture of my homemade pizza, I made the dough and everything.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...postid=2719323
    Prepare to get your ass kicked.

Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very cool. Looking forward to it Razor.

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Black Razor
    [B]Awesome,

I can see I touched upon a subject here that a lot of us care about. If anyone else has recipes, please share. Knowledge is power.

I will take some time later to post some of my recipes for dinner entres.B]
    Hey Razor; read these articles!

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/recipes/index.htm

Surferdude36099 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My customized oatmeal :-D

1/2 cup oats
    4 packets splenda
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup fiberone
    1 capful imitation maple flavor
    1/2 scoop of protein powder (preferably vanilla)

cook the oatmeal first then just plop everything together and mix. I swear I can eat this all day every day, hell, id even choose it over a good pizza (no kiddin!).

Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My breakfast (if not low carbing) usually involves two different meals. Either oatmeal and egg whites, or tuna and egg white omlet packed in two whole wheat torilla's.

jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My Favorite Breakfast

1 Extra Large Golden Delicious Apple
    1/2 Cup of Oats
    1/4 cup pecans *mixed in oats to complete the proteins and supply efa's*
    12 hard boiled eggwhites
    atkins zero calorie maple syrup and cinnamon mixed in the oatmeal and pecans.
    M.S. Sport Management (in progress)
    B.S. Kinesiology
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jonpaul.htm

jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)
    yo pimp can u post your recipe or what you do to make that pizza. i have a dough mix that is pretty healthy and want to know what you top with how much etc.. sounds good as hell

jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)
    also simple recipes i make:
    fry some cut up chicken breast in either low fat low sodium chicken broth and lemon juice or a low fat tomato sauce with maybe some cut up tomatoes too... steam whatever vegetables you want, i use onions, brocoli,cauliflower etc mix it up and season if necessary..
    also, to make meatballs, just heat up a pot of tomato sauce (enough to cover your meatballs) then take lean beef and shape tennis ball sized balls or maybe a little smaller. maybe bigger.. i usually do a little smaller than a tennis ball size, keep the sauce boiling slightly for 30-35 mins. check to see if done.. for bigger ones, id try cooking a little longer.. eat with pasta or rice beans..
    also cook chicken and eat it with a sweet potato or eat a piece of fish etc..

some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) some kid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    big bowl of oatmeal, 2 whole eggs, 4-5 turkey slices, multivitamin, fishoil capsul (however you spell that)

Oh and for me, the oatmeal tasts a lot better with part of the turkey slice in your mouth. The sodium in the turkey makes it taste better . lol
    Whatever you do, don't compare yourself to people, compare yourself to the mirror.

TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Easy Breakfast

4 Egg Whites, 2 whole eggs
    Ketchup
    Salt/Pepper
    100% whole wheat bread
    skim milk
    orange

Make scrambled eggs. Add salt/pepper to taste.
    Toast bread, put finished eggs on bread, place ketchup on sandwich.
    Drink the milk, eat the sandwich, eat the orange.In no perticular order.

'nuff said.

BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigSwole190 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My breakfast usually involves.

1/2 Cup Oats
    4 Giganic Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (Im talking globs)
    1 1/2 Cup Skin Milk
    And 1 scoop of I****trix Choc. Protein Powder.

Throw it all in a blender, add a few pieces of ice to make it even colder and mix for about 30 seconds.

I'll be hungary in about a hour then i have another big actual breakfast with solid food.
    Regards,
    BigSwole190

194lbs 5'10 and 7-9%bf, Step aside... :D

BigSwole: "Who needs to go to college to learn about nutrition, I get all the knowledge i need in the teen forum"

Heavily_Armed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12 eggwhites
    1 can tuna
    2 pieces wheat toast
    500ml water

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I rotate the 2 breakfasts every day (so i can look forward to the next one since they're both good, but would get boring if I had every day)

Breakfast #1:

Protein Pancakes
    .5 cup oatmeal
    .5 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1 Egg
    4 Egg Whites
    + Protein Frosting (scoop of whey mixed with 2 tbsp skim milk and splenda)
    520 cal: 10g Fat, 40g Carb, 65g Protein

Breakfast 2:

1 Egg + 3 Egg whites (scrambled) +
    1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
    1 Cup of Kashi Good Friends Cereal +
    1 Cup Skim Milk
    1 Scoop Whey in 1.5 cups skim milk
    592 cal: 10g Fat, 66g Carb, 67g Protein

XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Lee_5
    good food for a bbers breakfast

oats
    milk
    eggs
    fruit
    flaxoil
    oliveoil

i just use things like coco powder to make food taste nicer.
    good stuff

my breakfast is either...

12 eggs whites...1 cup fat free cheese..oatmeal..

or whey milk and oatmeal as a shake
    The 1337 site of the decade http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx
    - Got a tattoo question go here---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207339&highlight=XEastCoastHateX
    ***http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx***
    -If you post your maxes they are fake and you are full of crap....
    -07-19-2002......In Memory of the Great List......04-29-2004

EuroBaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EuroBaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jesus, thats a huge breakfast.

I usually grab a whole wheat bagel with light butter or cream cheese since I'm usually on the go.

I wish I had the time to cook up my egg whites, toast, and sausage/bacon.

Duff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6 eggs whites 3 with yolk into an omlette cooked with olive oil, add low-fat cheese, tuna or chicken, add some veg in there. bloody nice. thats not really a breaky meal but still damn good.

Oatmeal mixed with decent yogart and fruit it bloody nice aswell. i used to eat loads of boiled eggs but recently found hoiw much easier it ease to eat eggs when scrambled

:-)
    Duff

Loose Cannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mine is...

meal 1 - 460cals 50g protein 43g carbs 9g fat

1 cup fat free milk
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup ground oatmeal
    3g creatine
    (made into a shake)

1 egg
    2 egg whites
    1 multi

furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) furious420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 cans solid white albacore tuna + onion powder= gooood
    The division between success and faliure lies not in fate or chance but ones ability to seize opportunity- JFK

Want to look like a model? Train with one.

[url]http://www.ckwellness.net/[/url]

Need support for your goals? Call on a spotter.

[url]http://www.thespotter.net/[/url]

Hey magicpunt
    Try adding one chopped mushroom and 1/4 cup of onions to that and then top with a low sodium brown gravy (add protein powder to that). Eat for dinner bro it's awesome. Best if you have time to make a batch of about 12, fry them up in pam or olive oil then cover with the brown gravy,and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.

Actually here's the recipe as given to me by my grandma Very similar and can easily be adapted to a bodybuilders needs

Cottage cheese Patties

1 cup oatmeal
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup bread-crumbs
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 onion
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    3 Tblspn dried parsley
    3 eggs
    salt and sage (or use lowerys)
    Gravy quick brown gravy

Mix gravy quick and mushroom soup. Mix all above ingredients & make into patties. Fry them on both sides ‘till brown. Put into casserole dish & cover with gravy mix. Bake @350 for 30min. or till bubly.

edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My breakfast:
    2.5 Servings of Total
    1 cup Skim Milk

I know it doesn't have any protein, but it's fast and easy

I might try those MRP Pancakes that are listed above though. Those sound pretty cool.
    I play Russian Roulette everyday, a man's sport; with a bullet called life.

I was given a perfectly healthy body, I might as well make the best of it.

tops2heavy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tops2heavy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tops2heavy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tops2heavy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i usually have about three egg whites and one full egg
    with about 1 cup of oats fills me to the brim...

j00tel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    natural peanut butter (1 tbsp)
    2 slices 100% stoneground whole wheat bread
    Optimum Nutrition natural whey protein (1 43cc scoop)
    32oz glass of water

360 calories
    36g carbs
    25g protein
    11g fat (2g saturated fat)

This is the breakfast in my 2,000 calorie cutting meal plan (which is highly effective at maximum fat loss and muscle sparing)

Mmmmm...

COL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 whole egg, 3 egg whites
    1 c oats
    1 c skim milk
    2 tbs flaxseed meal
    .5 c rasins
    multi's
    1 c water (just to thin it out)

Mix it up in a blender. Youre looking at about 850 Cals.