bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Do you retain water after refeed days?

One would assume at first thought that continued water consumption would stop this from happening, but since water retention would be attributed to excess carbs and not high sodium levels, would water consumption have any effect?

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your not really retaining to much water, i mean you are but its mostly glycogen.

Someone correct me if im wrong though

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah if you shock your body with an unusually high intake of carbs you will retain subcutaneous water as well as glycogen within the muscle cells. It is not uncommon for me to gain 10lbs if I am low-carbing and then have a monster refeed or cheat day. The water retained comes off at a rate of about a pound a day for me. It sucks, but it shouldnt be a big deal unless you really went high on the carbs and even then its just temporary.

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are your regular dieting numbers and refeed numbers
    Miscer

CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000) CF10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My refeeds are pretty small, I dont get water retention from them and it was designed to be that way because I hate the bloat. Years ago I used to do HUGE refeeds/cheats but I decided more frequent and smaller refeeds (not cheats) were the way to go.

An example of my old ways would be like this. I havent done this in about 3 or 4 years so I dont have the actual numbers but my daily level of calories was probably in the 2000 range and my carbs were around 100g a day and as close to zero as possible on non training days. Once a month I would have a cheat day. But back then I didnt know my body like I do now. So, I ate everything under the sun on those days including Taco Bell, BBQ cheese fries, ice cream, cookies, pizza...all in one day. Then I woke up the next day bloated as a whale and weighing 10+ lbs more and I freaked out! It was my first cut, I had never low-carbed before and I had never had this kind of reaction to food before.

Needless to say I have learned a lot since then about what to do and what not to do. But still I understand that if I wanted a huge cheat day, I could have one and it wouldnt hurt my goals. In fact I just got done cutting and I had one monster cheat day still, but it helps to be prepared for the days afterwards when you KNOW whats gonna happen rather than be surprised about it. Some people dont mind the bloat because it is just temporary, but for me, I keep big cheats to a minimum and stick to small, healthy refeeds when I cut.

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Every 1g of carb I believes holds 3-4g of water

bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigphishy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I eat around 2500/day during the week, and increase to around 3500 on a refeed day. I stick to clean foods on refeeds, however.

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah you'll get a little bloated, but that's alright. You haven't actually gained fat, and it's usually a huge mental relief.
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll usually retain a slight amount of water after a good refeed day but most of the weight gain is from reloading the depleted glycogen.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't do really heavy refeeds. I'm trying out 3000C on Sunday and 2400C the rest of the week for my cut.... but I really kick the snot out of my body while doing the weights on that day.

markbelluomini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carbs and water

Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    My refeeds are pretty small, I dont get water retention from them and it was designed to be that way because I hate the bloat. Years ago I used to do HUGE refeeds/cheats but I decided more frequent and smaller refeeds (not cheats) were the way to go.

An example of my old ways would be like this. I havent done this in about 3 or 4 years so I dont have the actual numbers but my daily level of calories was probably in the 2000 range and my carbs were around 100g a day and as close to zero as possible on non training days. Once a month I would have a cheat day. But back then I didnt know my body like I do now. So, I ate everything under the sun on those days including Taco Bell, BBQ cheese fries, ice cream, cookies, pizza...all in one day. Then I woke up the next day bloated as a whale and weighing 10+ lbs more and I freaked out! It was my first cut, I had never low-carbed before and I had never had this kind of reaction to food before.

Needless to say I have learned a lot since then about what to do and what not to do. But still I understand that if I wanted a huge cheat day, I could have one and it wouldnt hurt my goals. In fact I just got done cutting and I had one monster cheat day still, but it helps to be prepared for the days afterwards when you KNOW whats gonna happen rather than be surprised about it. Some people dont mind the bloat because it is just temporary, but for me, I keep big cheats to a minimum and stick to small, healthy refeeds when I cut.
    I also have a problem similar to his where I can gain 10-12 lbs in one buffet sitting after days of low carbs/ It happens and it sucks cuz you feel all fat. I am real skinny and hate this feeling cuz im like did i eattoo much or is it water weight. Its weird but sauna helps do you have any tips beside sauna to rid of this excess water fast from over carbs.