Black Razor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frequent Urination vs. Water Consumption

Ok, so I posted a reply to someones question about frequent urination. I believe he said is was so bad his friends have taken to calling him "grandpa." Now he was wondering about proper water consumption, and if it was possible to drink too much water. I had told him the following:

"Ok, so its really simple. Human Anatomy 101 tells you that your bladder is no bigger than your hand wrapped around your fist. Take that into thought, and then think about how much water/fluid you consume. The amount of your intake far exceeds your storage capacity...and that's why you pee so much. The important thing to notice is your urine color. If your urine is crystal clear, then your water consumption is right. Anytime your urine is not clear your not drinking enough water. Fluid does NOT count as water, only pure water counts. The reason for this is because your kidneys must process dyes and pigments out of fluids other than water, in addition to sugars and ingredients. Water itself has nothing more than maybe some minerals. The reason your body needs 80+ oz. of water a day is to help purify the body of toxins, by which I mean dyes as well as any thing that your body may be fighting off. Also be aware that you need approximately an additional 8oz. of water for every 30 minutes you spend working out. So your bottom line is a simple formula. You need (80oz+8oz/30mex) 80 ounces of water plus 8 ounces of water per 30 minutes of exercise. Now, that was all what I know from studying anatomy and physiology. Personally I would also like to recommend taking in additional water to aid the digestion of any supplements you may be taking in. Remember, your can't drink too much water. The only downfall to water consumtion is frequent urination, which is completely natural, and occasional bloating. So drink up, and go pump so iron. Later."

So I just wanted to see if anyone had additional comments. Let me know if you agree or disagree with this, especially you bigger more experienced guys. Later.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
    -Henry Kissinger

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
    -George Bernard Shaw

"Eighty percent of success is showing up."
    -Woody Allen

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Black Razor,

Yes,
    I agree with your post.

Basically, it's as simple as this.

More water in = more water out.

When cutting, I drink water continually throughout the day.
    As soon as I finish a bottle, I fill it up and and continue drinking.

I'm in the bathroom a minimum of once an hour, often even more than that. That's just the way it goes.

One thing to note though..
    Even when constantly consuming water, my urine will be colored shortly after I take a supplement. Within a few urinations it will be back to clear, but just because you do see color in your urine doesn't mean you aren't necessarily getting enough water. It could also just mean that your body has processed the supplements you have taken and is disgarding the waste.

If your urine is constantly colored, you probably aren't getting enough water.

- EME

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    I also take a dump on average 3 times per day... I'm pretty sure it's the same principle, correct?

Sorry if that's a little OT...

I guess, I'm just in a mood to discuss the extrectory system today!

Nainoa
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, since you mentioned it.

Obviously, when you are bulking and eating significantly more, you will go more.

However, an interesting correlation is that you will often go more when cutting as well.

If you have a really effective cutting program going, your body will be burning fat and getting rid of the byproducts on a regular basis. I've found this results in an increase in overall expulsion... for lack of a beter term.

- EME

Originally posted by Nainoa
    I also take a dump on average 3 times per day... I'm pretty sure it's the same principle, correct?

Sorry if that's a little OT...

I guess, I'm just in a mood to discuss the extrectory system today!

Nainoa

Dietary Intake vs. Stool Consistency

EME, I have something to add to that. I have found that it is possible to actually gage how well your body processes protein/carb by your stool consistency.

For me, I know when my stool is solid but soft that my protein/carb balance is right on target. My fiber intake keeps me regular, and my protein actually affects the solidity of the stool itself. I am not sure as to say this is what causes this exactly, but it is my general observance.

I also have noticed when my protein consumption is too high, I have very loose bowel movements. Now this may not seem like a problem, since excess simply gets processed and released by the body. However, it is a problem monetarily. Face it, we simply don't want to be wasting our money. Our MRP's, Protein Shakes, Lean Chicken Breasts, Leans Cuts of Steak, and what not costs a lot of money. There is not a single reason as to why we should not take into serious consideration how to save money as a bodybuilder. Its a pricy lifestyle, but we all know its worth it.

Later. :P
    -Henry Kissinger

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."
    -George Bernard Shaw

-Woody Allen

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Ah... That explains a lot about what my "Poo" is like, and how it's affected... I've been tracking my diet recently, and noticed changes, similar to what you mentioned.

So another question I have... Why is it I feel the Urge to take a Rhino sized crap, about an hour after I eat a good sized meal?

Sorry to be so filled with questions, I'm just trying to build the most "Body Knowledge" I can.

Thanks

Nainoa
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome.. after readin this stuff i realize im normal. sometimes i have to go to the bathroom like 20-30 minutes after i went, and sometimes atleast every hour. this is when im drinking a gall a day basically.. i also recognized how after eating/taking supplement my urine gets a little color even though im def not dehydrated.. im takin exercise science as my major, and i think im learning so much from reading crap online that I already know half of the info for my major..

Abnormal Fecal Size

Nainoa,
    First of all, I have to laugh at your use of the words "rhino sized crap." While I have never quite understood this myself, I mainly attribute the urge to the same reason as with frequent urination. When your intake exceeds storage capacity your body is going to try to expel the excess rapidly. I would however ask you whether or not you have noticed that the large meals your referring too are high in one particular element, such as protein or what not. I am not sure what to say to watch for, but usually when you watch your meals and think about what is in them, you can find a correlation to your body's reaction with relatively simple thought. I hope that answers your questions. Later.
    -Henry Kissinger

-George Bernard Shaw

-Woody Allen

buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buttaflap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eek.....after drinking 1-2 gallons of water a day for about 2.5 years my body is almost acccustom to not pissing until i drink about a litre, maybe more.

I really only piss like 5-6 times a day at most
    Moderation is folly. All or nothing.