351MustangMach1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How healthy are "Healthy Fats"?

How healthy are healthy fats? What if I get 250-300 grams of healthy fats per day in a 4000 to 5500 calorie diet? Can I eat more? For my skinny ass to gain weight, I try to drink lots of canola oil, which is basically just healthy fats. Can I drink like 400 gms of these fats a day or am I doomed to become fat, suffer from heart attack, or have gastric problems?

Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you plan to drink 400 g fat day or even 250-300, get it from a variety of sources at the very least. Too much of any one type of fat could very well be detrimental due to balance issues.

You may want to focus on figuring out if that specific dietary plan will benefit you long term. i.e. if your body thrives on such a regimen. There is no way to predict this with certainty other than just getting to know your own body and what kind of a diet you tend to thrive on.

Look at markers of your own health over time such as cholesterol numbers, bp, bodyfat, muscle, mental state, how you feel on the diet...how it effects other goals in your life. Look at it in context basically.

There is nothing inherently wrong with using 250-300 grams fat a day on a high calorie bulk imo. A little bit more variety of fat sources would be nice though.
    Our kind has never been seen before.
    And when the last of us are gone,
    We will never be seen again.
    Because there is a secret behind our creation,
    And secrets like this only come around once.

simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya, too much can be a problem. don't do that.
    i don't want a sig

stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) stabmaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Too much of some healty fats will cause heart beat irregularities.

Geez.. I'd think that UDO's oil is a blend of perfectly balanced healthy oils, so I would consider that; on the other hand, it contains some vegetable omega-3's, which can be harder to process than the fish oil omega-3's.

So in sum, too many omega-3 from plants have been "suggested" to cause problems and too much fish oil can cause irregular heart beat.

I'd say that the best way to overdose on fats is to go with a lot of monounsts like olive oil, and omega-6s like nuts, without going "too nuts."

Then take in the correct portion of omega-3 without overdoing it on either sources (fish or plant). I recall varios rec's maxing fish oil out at 30g and flax at 20g. I also recall that 1:1 - 2:1 omega-6mega-3 ratio. I don't recall an upper to monounsats.

There's a lot to consider. I haven't provided sources for my claims so just take them with a grain of salt (ok mayb you shouldn't if your sodium intake is too high).. but I'm just letting you know that there are some things to think about. I'd think that if you can tune it right, you can have great improvements in blood pressure, cholesterol, and all that other good ****.