biggie51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question do i have to bench to maintain a strong chest?

Hey there, I was just curious, if I took two weeks off benching and did other chest exercises, like DB press and pec deck and Hammer Strength chest press, would I still be able to do the same weight on the bench or more when I go back to it?

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd just stick to regular bb/db pressing and dips. Machines are not efficient for mass. Either way, taking 2 weeks off benching won't necessarily have a big impact on your bench.

PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PROSA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: do i have to bench to maintain a strong chest?

Originally posted by biggie51
    Hey there, I was just curious, if I took two weeks off benching and did other chest exercises, like DB press and pec deck and Hammer Strength chest press, would I still be able to do the same weight on the bench or more when I go back to it?
    Two weeks away from benching probably wouldn't make much difference even if you did no weights at all.
    In any event, if you did DB bench presses instead of BB bench presses, you'd be fine. DB benches are an excellent exercise.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    db pressing is a bench press you know

I sleep on a meathook iron_on_my_mind's Avatar
    iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iron_on_my_mind has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The bench-press is your bread-and-butter for the chest, in terms of mass-building. Take time off, sure, but don't even try to compare flyes, pec-deck crap, and whatever else to the mighty bench press (bb or db.)

Dips come close, though. But they're only really helpful when combined with bench presses.

I'm all for taking some time off now and then, though.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by jino
    I'd just stick to regular bb/db pressing and dips. Machines are not efficient for mass. Either way, taking 2 weeks off benching won't necessarily have a big impact on your bench.
    bump... rests can be a great benefit...