AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Elbow Pain and Shoulder Surgery

I had surgery on my shoulder to repair a bankart lesion (anterior labral tear that the cartilage is torn from the bone)

Surgery was on 4/16.

Initially after the surgery I was at 5% ROM and now I'm at about 40% ROM... hopefully in a month I'll have 100% ROM and just have to work on strengthening to prevent further dislocations.

My question is: How many people here have had basic shoulder surgery and recovered 100% and for those of you who haven't recovered 100%... what problems have you had??

I'm really scared that my joint capsule will still be too loose and I will redislocate my arm or I will lose range of motion...

My 2nd question is:
    Has anyone ever had elbow pain for over 3 months with no signs of golfer's elbow, tennis elbow, bursitis, or arthritis?

I have no inflammation, and only pain when the joint is in motion (even without any resistance)

Curling my arm with 0 weight does not hurt, but holding my arm bent across my body perpendicular to my body and doing an extenion is what hurts most...

I haven't lifted on it for 2 months and the pain has not gone away....

I'm going to see my surgeon for my followup on Tues... I'll update after that.

-Little help here!
    Last edited by AphtaLyfe; 04-21-2007 at 02:27 PM.

stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stipem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did a google search on shoulder survery and elbow pain. What did it end of being? Are the two correlated? I had surgery back in November (shoulder) and now my elbow has pain with simple movements... brushing teeth, etc.

thanks.

UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AphtaLyfe View Post
    I had surgery on my shoulder to repair a bankart lesion (anterior labral tear that the cartilage is torn from the bone)

Surgery was on 4/16.

Initially after the surgery I was at 5% ROM and now I'm at about 40% ROM... hopefully in a month I'll have 100% ROM and just have to work on strengthening to prevent further dislocations.

My question is: How many people here have had basic shoulder surgery and recovered 100% and for those of you who haven't recovered 100%... what problems have you had??

I'm really scared that my joint capsule will still be too loose and I will redislocate my arm or I will lose range of motion...

My 2nd question is:
    Has anyone ever had elbow pain for over 3 months with no signs of golfer's elbow, tennis elbow, bursitis, or arthritis?

I have no inflammation, and only pain when the joint is in motion (even without any resistance)

Curling my arm with 0 weight does not hurt, but holding my arm bent across my body perpendicular to my body and doing an extenion is what hurts most...

I haven't lifted on it for 2 months and the pain has not gone away....

I'm going to see my surgeon for my followup on Tues... I'll update after that.

-Little help here!
    Bankart lesion surgery patients almost always show full recovery when proper rehabilitation is followed. Don't overdo it though.

As for the elbow pain, are you saying it hurts to do internal rotation of the shoulder and extend your elbow? If so it could easily be related to your shoulder problem if its on the same arm. If not I would say it could be something wrong with the tendon on the medial head of your tricep, if there is tingling/burning/numbness it could be your ulnar nerve, and otherwise it could be medial epicondolyitis but you said there were no signs of it.

Ask your PT or an ATC. They should know.
    Chris Brown, CSCS