Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000)

Knee's hurt from running on the treadmill

Hey everyone. I started going to a gym about 2 months ago and i'm loving it. I started at 5'8" about 210-215lbs and i'm now down to 200lbs...and can't wait to lose 20-30 more pounds.

Anyways, i've got a problem. A couple of weeks ago i started doing a little more cardio and less weight lifting, so that means more biking and running the treadmill. Well about a week ago my knees and shins started hurting, and i believe it's from running on the treadmill. I just try to ignore the pain but it is very irritating and i don't want to just leave it alone and end up hurting myself. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there anything i can do to fix the problem?

The gym i go to is just a recreation centre so it doesn't have everything that a regular gym would have, like eliptical (sp?) machines, but the price is pretty good for my budget.

If anyone has any ideas to help me out, i would really appreciate it...Thanks!

gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gallerygurl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Knee's hurt from running on the treadmill

Originally posted by Jameson

Anyways, i've got a problem. A couple of weeks ago i started doing a little more cardio and less weight lifting, so that means more biking and running the treadmill. Well about a week ago my knees and shins started hurting, and i believe it's from running on the treadmill. I just try to ignore the pain but it is very irritating and i don't want to just leave it alone and end up hurting myself. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there anything i can do to fix the problem?

walk on an incline..Thats what I have to do - I have the same issues

XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XEastCoastHateX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    try using a knee brace or what not when you go to do cardio...

sorry to hear your gym doesnt have any eliptical machines i use them a lot and they dont bother my knees
    The 1337 site of the decade http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx
    - Got a tattoo question go here---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207339&highlight=XEastCoastHateX
    ***http://s7.invisionfree.com/Breaking_The_Pain/index.php?act=idx***
    -If you post your maxes they are fake and you are full of crap....
    -07-19-2002......In Memory of the Great List......04-29-2004

Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000) Jameson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the replies. I'll try a higher incline and hopefully i can still burn the same amount of calories.

Yeah it really sucks that the gym i go to doesn't have any eliptical machines, and what's even worse is that there is a 20 minute max on the treadmills and bikes. Oh well, i guess i'll just have to live with it. Thanks again.

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Walking on an incline makes my shins burn...:-). Do your knee's burn or ache? I don't recall if you distinguished the pain. If they ache, you should most certianly go for a lower impact type of cardio, walking, eleptical..etc..

I'm not sure why but very few people seem to do the stair stepper...damn thats a great way at least for me to get my HR up with low impact.

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]

I would say it's an ache. It's definitely not a feeling i like. Since i've been getting this ache in my knee's, the first 10 minutes of the workout are the hardest. After that i pretty much forget about the pain...until my running is over and i go to walk off the treadmill.

Sometimes i go on the stepper. I feel it burning in my calfs and shins after only like 2 minutes. Also, the stepper doesn't seem to burn as many calories as the treadmill.

I won't be working out tonight as i have to stay late at work today, but tomorrow i'll try the incline walking and perhaps give the stepper a better try. Thanks again.

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats odd, I burn similar calories on the stepper as the treadmill. It's all about intensity. I set the stepper on almost the hardest setting where you are basically running, burns the cals up quick. In a 30 min session I can burn around 600-800cals Depending on my intensity.

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]