AngryBudha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine. Please give a review and advice to make my article better, thanks.

Creatine ( Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid )

By: Todd Smath

So, what is Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid? Well to begin, Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid is the chemical name for creatine. From this point out, Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid will be called its more popular name, creatine. Creatine is natural compound found in our bodies produced to supply energy to our muscles. Creatine is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys. Creatine is made up of three amino acids; Arginine, Glycine, and Methionine. Creatine is transported to the bodies muscles through the bloodstream. When the creatine reaches the muscles it is then converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This is then used to circulate the muscles ultimate energy source, ATP (Adenosine Troposphere). ATP provides the chemical force for muscles to contract.
    The average human gets most of his or hers creatine needs from foods. While we do get creatine from our foods, the amount is minimal. The average person receives about one gram of creatine from there diet. Foods high in creatine include; beef, pork, cod, tuna, herring, and salmon. To sum it up, creatine can be found in meat, fish, and poultry, this would explain why vegetarians have lower levels of creatine in the body. So can you get enough creatine from diet alone? You can get your creatine needs from diet alone, but you would have to consume larger amounts of foods containing creatine. Keeping in mind that foods higher in creatine are fish, meats, and poultry, in attempt to increase the amount of creatine in your body, you would also be increasing the amount of fat and cholesterol. Most of us don’t want or need that extra fat. High cholesterol levels are a leading cause of heart disease and myocardial infarctions or heart attacks. So the approach of trying to get all your creatine through diet just isn’t logical. It would be much safer and probably more cost efficient to get your creatine needs through cholesterol and fat free creatine monohydrate supplements.
    Creatine increases energy levels which results in, increased strength, endurance levels, and recovery rates. To receive the best results out of your use of creatine, I recommend your diet is in order and that you have an appropriate workout routine that works for you. Creatine benefits; young or old, male or female, a professional athlete or someone who has just began an exercise program.
    Creatine draws water from the body into the muscles, expanding there volume, so it is recommend that while taking a creatine supplement you increase your water intake. There are a couple of ways to take creatine. One way would be beginning with a loading phase, and after the first week, reducing that amount down to an appropriate amount to keep the muscles saturated with creatine. The loading phase is something opinions vary on. Some people believe the loading phase is a must, while others see no point to it. The other way of taking creatine would be the non-loading phase way. So how much do you take? If you’re taking the first approach which includes loading for the first week, I would recommend that for the first week you take 15 to 30 grams a day, preferably post workout. After the first week your muscles will be well saturated and will only need a minimal amount of creatine to maintain sufficient creainte levels. For the maintenance part you will only need 4 to 6 grams of creatine a day. If you’re going with approach number two, no loading phase, then I would recommend you just take 5 grams a day post workout. On days you don’t workout I would still recommend taking your creatine supplement. Mix your creatine with 6 to 8 ounces of a non-acidic juice or water.
    To cycle or not to cycle. This aspect of using creatine is one that often sparks much controversy. While some studies support cycling.. Others don’t. And while some people support cycling.. Some people don’t. It pretty much comes down to you, whether or not you want to cycle and how you plan on cycling. There are three types of cycling for creatine. One cycle would include loading for one week, staying on the maintenance dose for five following weeks, then coming off creatine completely for two to three weeks. After the two to three weeks you would then repeat. The second cycle involves the no loading phase concept. You would start your cycle at the maintenance amount of creatine. You would continue your cycle with that amount for six weeks, then discontinue creatine use for two to three weeks. At the end of those two to three weeks you would repeat. The last and most controversial way to use creatine, would be the never ending cycle. For this you would begin by loading for the first week. After the first week you would just begin your maintenance amount. Stay on the maintenance amount for six weeks then load for a week again. Like I already said, deciding whether to cycle or not, completely comes down to personal preference.
    The bottom line is that creatine is a good choice for anyone. Whether the person be old, young, male, or female, creatine can benefit. Looking to bulk up and gain some pounds in muscle? Take creatine. Looking to get ripped for your up coming contest, or maybe you just want to look good out on the beach, take creatine. But if out of reading this article you only retain one bit of information, I hope it’s that creatine, or any supplements for that matter, are near worthless without a diet created to fit your goals and an exercise program as well.

Paul R. Del Vec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You already said it

Todd:
    I thought your conclusion said it all. Consider your goals, basicly, and how to achieve them. I have always said "a means to an athletic end" in weighlifting. Set goals, be honorable and #1 to yourself first or you will just merely be competing with other people. The the rest is easy!
    Keep writing, keep open. Later!

Respectfully,
    Masterdel
    Masterdel

What Is This? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: You already said it

Originally posted by Paul R. Del Vec
    Todd:
    I thought your conclusion said it all. Consider your goals, basicly, and how to achieve them. I have always said "a means to an athletic end" in weighlifting. Set goals, be honorable and #1 to yourself first or you will just merely be competing with other people. The the rest is easy!
    Keep writing, keep open. Later!

Respectfully,
    Masterdel
    Thanks for the response.

BoneHead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Todd, great article. Wait, he was banned? At 1000+ posts? That sucks, for him.

Budha01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FYI:

I'm AngryBudha, just under a new screen name. I wasn't banned for bad reasons. I asked to be banned because I was planning on leaving this message board for numerous reasons. When I decided to return I didn't request my old account back, just started a new screen name.

lucubration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Creatine. Please give a review and advice to make my article better, thanks.

Corrections and my comments are in caps. Pretty good overall.
    Originally posted by AngryBudha
    Creatine ( Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid )

By: Todd Smath

So, what is Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid? Well to begin, Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid is the chemical name for creatine. From this point out, Methyl Guanidine-Acetic Acid will be called BY its more popular name, creatine. Creatine is natural compound found in our bodies produced to supply energy to our muscles. Creatine is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys. Creatine is made up of three amino acids; Arginine, Glycine, and Methionine. Creatine is transported to the bodies muscles through the bloodstream. When the creatine reaches the muscles it is then converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This is then used to circulate the muscles ultimate energy source, ATP (Adenosine Troposphere). ATP provides the chemical force for muscles to contract.
    The average human gets most of ITS creatine needs from foods. While we do get creatine from our foods; the amount is minimal. The average person receives about one gram of creatine from THEIR diet. Foods high in creatine include; beef, pork, cod, tuna, herring, and salmon. To sum it up, creatine can be found in meat, fish, and poultry, WHICH would explain why vegetarians have lower levels of creatine in the body. So can you get enough creatine from diet alone? You can get your creatine needs from diet alone, but you would have to consume larger amounts of foods containing creatine. Keeping in mind that foods higher in creatine are fish, RED meats, and poultry (YOU SURE ABOUT POULTRY?), THEREFORE BY increasING the amount of creatine in your body BY EATING MEAT, you would also be increasing the amount of fat and cholesterol. Most of us don’t want or need that extra fat. High cholesterol levels are a leading cause of heart disease and myocardial infarctions or heart attacks. So the approach of trying to get all your creatine through diet just isn’t OPTIMAL IN MY OPINION. It would be much safer and probably more cost efficient to get your creatine needs through cholesterol and fat free creatine monohydrate supplements.
    Creatine increases energy levels which results in, increased strength, endurance levels, and recovery rates. To receive the best results out of your use of creatine, I recommend your diet is in order and that you have an appropriate workout routine that works for you. Creatine benefits young or old, male or female, a professional athlete or someone who has just began an exercise program.
    Creatine draws water from the body into the muscles, expanding there volume, so it is recommend that while taking a creatine supplement you increase your water intake. There are a couple of ways to take creatine. One way would be beginning with a loading phase, and after the first week, reducing that amount down to an appropriate amount to keep the muscles saturated with creatine. The loading phase is something opinions vary on. Some people believe the loading phase is a must, while others see no point to it. The other way of taking creatine would be the non-loading phase way. So how much do you take? If you’re taking the first approach which includes loading for the first week, I would recommend that for the first week you take 15 to 30 grams a day, preferably post workout.(THAT'S REAL HIGH LOL) After the first week your muscles will be well saturated and will only need a minimal amount of creatine to maintain sufficient creainte levels. For the maintenance part you will only need 4 to 6 grams of creatine a day(2 IS ENOUGH FOR MOST PEOPLE IMO). If you’re going with approach number two, no loading phase, then I would recommend you just take 5 grams a day post workout. On days you don’t workout I would still recommend taking your creatine supplement. Mix your creatine with 6 to 8 ounces of a non-acidic juice or water.
    To cycle or not to cycle. This aspect of using creatine is one that often sparks much controversy. While some studies support cycling.. Others don’t. And while some people support cycling, OTHERS DO NOT. It pretty much comes down to you, whether or not you want to cycle and how you plan on cycling. There are three types of cycling for creatine. One cycle would include loading for one week, staying on the maintenance dose for five following weeks, then coming off creatine completely for two to three weeks. After the two to three weeks you would then repeat. The second cycle involves the no loading phase concept. You would start your cycle at the maintenance amount of creatine. You would continue your cycle with that amount for six weeks, then discontinue creatine use for two to three weeks. At the end of those two to three weeks you would repeat. The last and most controversial way to use creatine, would be the never ending cycle. For this you would begin by loading for the first week. After the first week you would just begin your maintenance amount. Stay on the maintenance amount for six weeks then load for a week again. Like I already said, deciding whether to cycle or not, completely comes down to personal preference.
    The bottom line is that creatine is a good choice for anyone. Whether the person be old, young, male, or female, creatine can benefit. Looking to bulk up and gain some pounds in muscle? Take creatine. Looking to get ripped for your up coming contest, or maybe you just want to look good out on the beach, take creatine. But if out of reading this article you only retain one bit of information, I hope it’s that creatine, or any supplements for that matter, are near worthless without a diet created to fit your goals and an exercise program as well.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BoneHead
    Hey Todd, great article. Wait, he was banned? At 1000+ posts? That sucks, for him.
    He asked to be banned so that he wouldn't come here anymore, but he was so addicted that he was only gone for 4 days.

HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) HumbleMuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good article, shame he was banned - twice. Good have probably been a good writter for bodybuilding.com.
    Promise only what you can deliver.