Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good Idea for the forum!!

Well, I don't know if anyone has already suggested this but, as quite a few Pro's have started posting, wouldn't it be great to get judges on here posting. They could post in the Post Your Pictures section and provide critiques from a competition perspective.

Anyway just a thought!!!

Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Its_PainFuLL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good idea. but it'll would never work, and i dont think most guys could take such a bashin

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I doubt any judges would be willing to spend their time judging people's pictures, but you never know. It would be good if we could have a few judges go through exactly what they look for, and they could use some of the members' pictures as examples.

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Tom Prince's Avatar
    Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    WHY would the judges post here, assessing physiques? Just to critique a PHOTO? Or, to teach people how to critique a physique? That's not their job.

To critique a photo, is basically useless, in a true judging sense. You need to be there to see the physique, LIVE, to make an accurate assessment.

Having a judge be here to teach people HOW to critique a bodybuilder would take way too long. The avergage fan is blind, and lets their personal feelings get in the way, waaaaayy too much. They could never be critical enough in the correct way.
    Last edited by tom prince; 03-10-2004 at 10:17 AM.
    IFBB Professional Bodybuilder

Bubo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by tom prince
    The avergage fan is blind, and lets their personal feelings get in the way, waaaaayy too much. They could never be critical enough in the correct way.
    Hell most of the people posting here cant take criticism even when they ask for it.

Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ragnarok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Judging pictures would never work. They don't translate properly. I read an article by a trainer/nutrionist, I think it was in MD, and he was talking about how the pictures really don't do justice to the athletes.

Basically the guy was saying that he is proud of his athletes and hates the photos, since they tend to flatten out everybody. I don't know how true this is, 'cause I haven't done a comparison, but I know a good deal about photography, and I think he's right.

Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tri Cep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well looks as if my "Good Idea" wasn't such a good idea in the first place. Well thanks for all the comments guys.

I am thinking about entering a comp next year if my practice cut goes well this spring. After the competition, do the judges give you a full critique of your physique so you know what to work on for next time. Anyone who's been in a comp please let me know!!

P.S Tom- I read the article you did for UK Flex magazine about when you became ill and found it quite inspiring. Glad you are better now anyway and hope you are managing to train okay without too much discomfort!!

Thanks all.

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Tom Prince's Avatar
    Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pro Tom Prince has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeap, pictures tend to make you look smaller or flatter, because it's a 2-dimensional image. Video, other hand, tends to make you look bigger.

TRI-CAP: Thanks, bro. Recovery is going well, and my health is getting better by the day. Not too coincidentally, the further I get away from being a competitive bodybuilder, the better I feel.
    IFBB Professional Bodybuilder

Originally posted by tom prince
    Yeap, pictures tend to make you look smaller or flatter, because it's a 2-dimensional image. Video, other hand, tends to make you look bigger.

TRI-CAP: Thanks, bro. Recovery is going well, and my health is getting better by the day. Not too coincidentally, the further I get away from being a competitive bodybuilder, the better I feel.
    All I can say is well done Tom and I hope you continue to recuperate. I am also sure that you will have no problems making a good living from your career as a bodybuilder even though you no longer compete!! Glad to hear you are getting better!! Stick in there.