HomerFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is 2 gallons of water a day too much?

Hi:
    I've been on a stirct diet for a while and training.
    Im close to my cutting goal.

I notice I drink about 6-8 sometimes more 16.9- 20onz bottles of water a day.

Is that too much?

Location: Where all of the really, really, really, ridiculously good looking people live
    buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50) buffdan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes. You lose too many electrolytes. Keep it to 1 gallon a day.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by buffdan
    Yes. You lose too many electrolytes. Keep it to 1 gallon a day.
    Respectfully disagree.

I haven't seen or heard of electrolyte issues on only 2 gallons. If you're eating a balanced, clean diet, with a multivitamin, you would be fine with 2 gallons.

A common key is 2/3 of an ounce of water for every pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 180, that would be just under 2 gallons. Some days a little more, some days a little less.

I think 2 gallons is fine.

Overhydration, causing the loss and flushing of essential salts, isn't triggered anywhere near as low as 2 gallons.

I'm sure there's articles on this on the main site. In fact, I just did a search for "water":
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/jeremiah/water.htm

edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edro13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes! You are going to drown!
    I play Russian Roulette everyday, a man's sport; with a bullet called life.

I was given a perfectly healthy body, I might as well make the best of it.

Im 5'4
    Used to weigh 185lbs.
    Im 148 lbs now.

Goal 140 to start bulking.

Still 2 gallons too much?
    You laugh because Im diferent.

I laugh because you are all the same....!

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You want to lose weight from 148 to 140, then to bulk?

If yes, I'd still say yes on the 2 gallons, since the hydration is essential to a higher metabolic rate. It also will help you feel full, which is helpful is you're trying to eat clean down to 140.

I've read a bunch about this in the past few years, and overhydration and electrolyte loss isn't really an issue until you're tripling and quadrupling a healthy intake. Your plan for 2 gallons is fine, pretty much no matter what.

In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HomerFan, Zack is correct, more water more water out, if your diet and supplementation is good, 2 gallons is great.

I'm 280 lbs and I take in 2 gallons of water a day plus 1/2 gallon of green tea and usually 1/2 gallon of crystal light...

How green tea can help me?

ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by HomerFan
    How green tea can help me?
    Green tea has a lot of antioxidants.
    Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place.

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
    Green tea has a lot of antioxidants.

How many calories per serving? 4-8onz

Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by HomerFan
    How many calories per serving? 4-8onz
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.