Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

HomerFan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is 2 gallons of water a day too much?

Hi:
    I've been on a stirct diet for a while and training.
    Im close to my cutting goal.

I notice I drink about 6-8 sometimes more 16.9- 20onz bottles of water a day.

Is that too much?

Location: Where all of the really, really, really, ridiculously good looking people live
    buffdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit buffdan's BodySpace
    Yes. You lose too many electrolytes. Keep it to 1 gallon a day.

BodyPoints: 35
    zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit zackmurphy's BodySpace
    Originally posted by buffdan
    Yes. You lose too many electrolytes. Keep it to 1 gallon a day.
    Respectfully disagree.

I haven't seen or heard of electrolyte issues on only 2 gallons. If you're eating a balanced, clean diet, with a multivitamin, you would be fine with 2 gallons.

A common key is 2/3 of an ounce of water for every pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 180, that would be just under 2 gallons. Some days a little more, some days a little less.

I think 2 gallons is fine.

Overhydration, causing the loss and flushing of essential salts, isn't triggered anywhere near as low as 2 gallons.

I'm sure there's articles on this on the main site. In fact, I just did a search for "water":
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/jeremiah/water.htm

edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) edro13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit edro13's BodySpace
    yes! You are going to drown!
    I play Russian Roulette everyday, a man's sport; with a bullet called life.

I was given a perfectly healthy body, I might as well make the best of it.

Im 5'4
    Used to weigh 185lbs.
    Im 148 lbs now.

Goal 140 to start bulking.

Still 2 gallons too much?
    You laugh because Im diferent.

I laugh because you are all the same....!

BodyPoints: 35
    zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) zackmurphy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit zackmurphy's BodySpace
    You want to lose weight from 148 to 140, then to bulk?

If yes, I'd still say yes on the 2 gallons, since the hydration is essential to a higher metabolic rate. It also will help you feel full, which is helpful is you're trying to eat clean down to 140.

I've read a bunch about this in the past few years, and overhydration and electrolyte loss isn't really an issue until you're tripling and quadrupling a healthy intake. Your plan for 2 gallons is fine, pretty much no matter what.

In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) In-Human is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HomerFan, Zack is correct, more water more water out, if your diet and supplementation is good, 2 gallons is great.

I'm 280 lbs and I take in 2 gallons of water a day plus 1/2 gallon of green tea and usually 1/2 gallon of crystal light...

How green tea can help me?

ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000) ScrappyDew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by HomerFan
    How green tea can help me?
    Green tea has a lot of antioxidants.
    Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place.

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
    Green tea has a lot of antioxidants.

How many calories per serving? 4-8onz

Timber will become famous soon enough. (+50) Timber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by HomerFan
    How many calories per serving? 4-8onz
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.