DavidNashvegas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carb sensitivity..

This is just a quick question I was wondering about for a long time. is it possible for people to be carb sensitive, to the point they there bodies just can't handle them? I'm about to start my keto diet so this has been kinda on my mind lately...I've only been serious about lifting weights over the last year and a half, but at every attempt to cut I can't get my waist past 34 and a half (even at 1500 calories, 500 less than maintenance while using HIIT) and when I bulk I put on weight extremely fast (muscle, but fat too even when bulking clean). My family has a tendency to be over weight (and I once was 4 years ago and lost 50 lbs) so I am just wondering if carbs has been my problem all along. I was always kinda happy with how I look, but for the last several months i've been tired of not having the defined body that I always wanted so I started looking into other diets and found keto.

I was just wondering about this and if anyone else has experienced my same situation and received great success with keto.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by DavidNashvegas; 04-20-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DavidNashvegas View Post
    This is just a quick question I was wondering about for a long time. is it possible for people to be carb sensitive, to the point they there bodies just can't handle them? I'm about to start my keto diet so this has been kinda on my mind lately...I've only been serious about lifting weights over the last year and a half, but at every attempt to cut I can't get my waist past 34 and a half (even at 1500 calories, 500 less than maintenance while using HIIT) and when I bulk I put on weight extremely fast (muscle, but fat too even when bulking clean). My family has a tendency to be over weight (and I once was 4 years ago and lost 50 lbs) so I am just wondering if carbs has been my problem all along. I was always kinda happy with how I look, but for the last several months i've been tired of not having the defined body that I always wanted so I started looking into other diets and found keto.

I was just wondering about this and if anyone else has experienced my same situation and received great success with keto.

Thanks guys!
    I think we have all had carb problems, ha ha. That's why we do keto.
    Lost over 100 pounds. Not too bad.

Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
    I think we have all had carb problems, ha ha. That's why we do keto.
    haha, yeah I guess so.. but I mean, I see people eat quite a bit of carbs and
    are shredded and I eat a 40/20/20 diet and i've been in the situation i was talking about in my previous post

just curious, so I thought I would ask.. I can't wait to start my diet monday

Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mainframe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha, yeah I guess so.. but I mean, I see people eat quite a bit of carbs and
    are shredded and I eat a 40/20/20 diet and i've been in the situation i was talking about in my previous post

just curious, so I thought I would ask.. I can't wait to start my diet monday
    Yeah my workout partner can eat mounds of carbs and not gain weight really. He's still scared of them for some reason and has started keto. It's a good thing though cause now he feels free to eat 5000 calories a day and not worried about gaining fat.

Yeah my workout partner can eat mounds of carbs and not gain weight really. He's still scared of them for some reason and has started keto. It's a good thing though cause now he feels free to eat 5000 calories a day and not worried about gaining fat.
    wow, thats cool. I had a friend I used to work out with all the time, he was ALWAYS cutting, but he had abs and didn't watch what he ate, I mean he wasn't counting calories like eating x amount of protien/x amount of carbs. And I was eating strict but couldn't get the rest of the stubborn fat off. It was irritating because I just wanted to be firm looking. yeah I think I will feel like that when its time for me to bulk, I won't
    be eating in fear as much either haha. I'm really looking forward to bulking this way.

Its just been really, REALLY frustrating not getting defined like I want and I everytime I bulk, even eating strictly clean, my waist shoots up. At like, 2500-3000 calories.. nothing major

Thanks again mainframe! I checked out your profile and its really inspiring seeing your before and after pictures.. Good job on the weight loss!
    Last edited by DavidNashvegas; 04-20-2007 at 10:54 AM.

wow, thats cool. I had a friend I used to work out with all the time, he was ALWAYS cutting, but he had abs and didn't watch what he ate, I mean he wasn't counting calories like eating x amount of protien/x amount of carbs. And I was eating strict but couldn't get the rest of the stubborn fat off. It was irritating because I just wanted to be firm looking. yeah I think I will feel like that when its time for me to bulk, I won't
    be eating in fear as much either haha. I'm really looking forward to bulking this way.

Its just been really, REALLY frustrating not getting defined like I want and I everytime I bulk, even eating strictly clean, my waist shoots up. At like, 2500-3000 calories.. nothing major

Thanks again mainframe! I checked out your profile and its really inspiring seeing your before and after pictures.. Good job on the weight loss!

Thank you. It;s appreciated. Best of luck with your diet come Monday. PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you. It;s appreciated. Best of luck with your diet come Monday. PM me if you have any questions.
    cool, thank you.. I hope to get my waist down to about 33 inches I think. I would be pretty happy with that.. right now I am at 34 and almost half inches. I'm not sure if I am using my body fat calipers right, but its at 12% body fat, so not too much left to go.. maybe 10lbs, I don't know.

but thanks again!

curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I Think There Are Certainly People With Carb Issues. I Have A Really Bad Reaction To Hi Gi Carbs Such As Cakes, Cookies And Sugar Make Me Very Irritable And Give Me A Huge Headache. I'm Sure Metabolically There Are People Who Have An Intolerance To Them. As Soon As I Started The Keto My Headaches Went Away And I Have Been A F'ing Ray Of Sunshine Ever Since
    "motivation makes self control possible"

Originally Posted by curly-top318 View Post
    I Think There Are Certainly People With Carb Issues. I Have A Really Bad Reaction To Hi Gi Carbs Such As Cakes, Cookies And Sugar Make Me Very Irritable And Give Me A Huge Headache. I'm Sure Metabolically There Are People Who Have An Intolerance To Them. As Soon As I Started The Keto My Headaches Went Away And I Have Been A F'ing Ray Of Sunshine Ever Since

haha.. i notice that when I would eat meals that were lower in carbs, later on I wouldn't crave any more carbs or junk and I seemed more 'upbeat'. .but then if I eat something with moderate carbs, 30 or so minutes later I am drowsy and I have knack for wanting to eat on more carbs/junk or whatever. I heard that using a keto diet knocks out alot of hunger even on lower cals and it keeps you from wanting to binge on carbs, etc.. I really hope so, because I hate that.

I've tried everything, so cutting out the carbs wouldn't hurt at all. I've been fat before and my family is rather large so I think its just genetic to gaining weight and not being tolerant to carbs. My mom used to be a excercise freak years ago and she could never get slim and defined no matter how hard she tried, but of course back then we don't have the nutrition knowledge like we do now.

Like I said, I was happy with myself but in the last, probably year, i've been really sick of not having that nice defined look on my build and I thought it was odd that I could eat totally clean, on reduced calories, 5 days a week of lifting and cardio and I always get stuck..even trying HIIT and drinking alot of green tea. So out of frustration, I would just go back to bulking and my waist would shoot up, repeating the horrible process over and over and over haha
    Last edited by DavidNashvegas; 04-20-2007 at 12:54 PM.

curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10) curly-top318 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I Had Really Bad Results With Low Fat, Moderate Carbs.. I Would Excercise Like A Mad Woman And Eat 6 Small Meals A Day, Blah Blah Blah. However, I Would Never Get Defined Enough Or Lean Enough. Keto Is Great, And It Totally Kills The Urge For Sweets And Carbs. I Have No Desire For Them At All. Good Luck, If You Have Any Questions, Please Feel Free To Ask. I'm Not An Expert, But I Will Help Where I Can
    "motivation makes self control possible"

Originally Posted by curly-top318 View Post
    Yeah, I Had Really Bad Results With Low Fat, Moderate Carbs.. I Would Excercise Like A Mad Woman And Eat 6 Small Meals A Day, Blah Blah Blah. However, I Would Never Get Defined Enough Or Lean Enough. Keto Is Great, And It Totally Kills The Urge For Sweets And Carbs. I Have No Desire For Them At All. Good Luck, If You Have Any Questions, Please Feel Free To Ask. I'm Not An Expert, But I Will Help Where I Can
    Same here. like you, I was doing it all, 6 + meals and a gallon + of water a day, green tea, HIIT, blah blah.. but it just isn't working. I have no crazy expecation like 2% body fat or something haha.. I just want to be cut!

Thanks curly top, I appreciate it! by the way, awesome username