Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm going to note every single one of these complaints down so i can make sure I can p1ss off the maximum amount of people next time I train. Serious.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Chrisfromabove View Post
    2) The group of guys who hover around the machines chatting it up wasting that machine and usually others in the area.
    True story: I was working legs on a Saturday and had done my squats and walked up to the 2 guys talking at the leg press machine. Asked them how many sets they had left and they said "a few". They were using much less weight than me, so instead of asking to work in, I went and did 5 sets of another exercise. The whole time I watched them and they did nothing but lean on the equipment and talk.

I approached them again and asked if I could use the machine. Again they said they had a few sets left. I totally called them on it.

I said: "You have been doing nothing but talking for the last 10 to 15 minutes. If you two ladies want to have yourselves a little tea party, do it at the coffee shop down the street and stop monopolizing the equipment!"

They went and told the people at the front desk. I guess I hurt their feelings.

Originally Posted by TJB85 View Post

6. we all know your a bad a$$ when you put on 900 lbs on a leg press rep it once and leave it for that 120 pound chick to break down for you!!!
    I think this dude was at my gym Tuesday night. Walked in at 5:30am yesterday. 9 plates on each side of the leg press machine. No one around.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

utahgymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excellent!

Glad to see someone has balls finally! I did that too, only the whiny bitch threw a tantrum and I swear he wanted to fight... too bad his little bitch buddies backed away... I was on pills, powders, adrenaline and a ****ty day! They woulda been killed... or beat short of death!

Nice job man!

utahgymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WTF is wrong with people!

Its new years... I get it... but seriously, don't show up and then complain the gym is crowded! It is only like this cuz some fat jerk decided he wanted to lose 5 pounds... again.... When you get serious I will care about your crowd, otherwise shut up and get behind those of us actually doing the work! Stop sitting on machines between sets, especially the ones YOU ARE NOT USING!

Jake the Pissed off UTAHGYMRAT!

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deliberately tossing your dumbbells is one thing, but when you are dealing with serious weight and struggled to throw it up, I'm sorry but I can't "gently set it down" so that god forbid you hear a loud noise. Furthermore I find certain lifts, I don't even want to try to "set down" a dumbbell because of the strange range of motion and risk of injury. When the weight is not too high its not a big deal, but when we are talking serious numbers, I don't care, drop those puppies all you want, I'd rather have the person not tear a rotator cuff than not make any noise.
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chrisfromabove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We got a big group of guys at my gym who came over here to play hockey, from russia, slovakia sweeden etc. and i kid you not, damn near everything on posed thus far they do, they group up together around machines blocking everymachine around them even if you are using on of them. I had a guy almost back into me while i was in the middle of doing squats and almost knocked me over with 280lbs on my back. they walk around like they are in thier living room with thier hands down thier shorts grabbing thier nards right in front of women or behind you in the mirror when your trying to do something.

The worst was one time i was sitting down in the change room bent over putting my socks on and on of them comes out of the shower with no towel rubbing his bag litterally a foot away from my head. That one put my over the edge and i really had to restrain myself from knocking his ass out but of couse convienetly he didnt speak english.

boxin/grapplin/lifting=<3 RunnerandLifter's Avatar
    RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunnerandLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    since im 15 everyone thinks i kno nothing about lifting at all so i was doing cablecross overs and this guy with ears pierced pink shirt that says "im cool" on it short shorts and no joke sandals comes up and says "dude r u feeling it in your elbows" me "no this works your chest" him "oh ok" then he walks away wtf?!?! some people...
    Starting Weight:120
    Current Weight:168
    Goal Weight: 185

Eat.Eat.Eat.Eat.Eat.Bulk.

madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by extremez View Post
    *dumbell throwing more than a foot or so is BS.
    *not reracking weights.
    *talk, talk, talk. stfu cause i don't want to hear your conversations (over my mp3 player)
    *people who flex after every set. along with those that must eye themselves in the mirror" like did i just lose a pound of fat off my ass after doing that"
    *people that size you up or judge you. you know they're doing it. like buff guys watching you. dude, you didn't get to what you are in a month. i'm here for a reason and i've got a goal. it will come eventually.

got an older guy who works out. he goes from machine/exercise to machine/exercise like a fricken jackrabbit. he'll do like a set of 10 in 5 seconds and on to the next. then turn around and start again. he takes up most of the equipment so you can't jump in.
    the people that flex after each set may be training for a bodybuilding competition. im doing my first one, and i have been instructed to flex and pose after sets to help me prepare for the competition.

screaming happens. like someone else said, if its gonna help you max out or get that last rep in, then scream.

this thread is kinda lame dude, but i cant stop reading it for some reason. i suppose you could start a thread like this for anywhere...bad office etiquitte, bad bar etiquitte, etc...some of its funny tho, because its true.

its hard for me to get mad at people in the gym...i mean, if theyre in there working, even if its half ass, well hell, thats still more than a majority of people do. so who cares if theyre a total douchebag, unless theyre REALLY buggin ya (like the guy who tapped your shoulder mid-set-wtf?)

thankfully the gym i go to is old and out dated and run-down...not many members, so i usually have the place to myself!

edit:i also did not realize this was a 5 year old thread. tee hee...just sorta happened upon it.
    Last edited by madelineoneil; 01-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.

TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TysZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. stupid ****s that don't rerack dumbbells and I have to go on a treasure hunt across the gym to find the pair i'm looking for

2. jail bate that sit and socialize with each other while occupying benches or machines that your trying to get to

3. wipe off your f***n sweat!!

4. you stink!! ever heard of deodorant buddy?

chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    People not using ant-bacterial stuff to wipe the germs/sweat off machines before/after they are done exercising. I have only seen 1 old lady do it up til now!
    People staring and staring. You are here to exercise, stop making people uncomfortable with constant eye contact.
    People talking personal stuff and that too loudly, I don't need to know your life history/problems when I am exercising.

PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bad Gym Etiquette any one ever have a bf and gf not workout together, but have the girl doing one machine as the bf stares and watches her to ward off guys who are there to lift not bang his girl and he is on something you need? If your girl can't go to the gym without cheating on you, than leave her. I hate this.
    Aspiring to one Day work in the Fitness/Supplement Industry....Taking it one barefoot at a time.

**New Jersey Crew 732/973**
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    **MISC LIFTING CREW**
    ~Barefooters Crew~
    -oooO-----------
    -(__)----Oooo--
    --\-(------(__)--
    ---\_)-----)-/---
    ----------(_/----
    -----------------

For the love of ▪█───█▪

My SuperPump 3.0 Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160080601&p=1204515131#post1204515131

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PurpleDrankNJ View Post
    Bad Gym Etiquette any one ever have a bf and gf not workout together, but have the girl doing one machine as the bf stares and watches her to ward off guys who are there to lift not bang his girl and he is on something you need? If your girl can't go to the gym without cheating on you, than leave her. I hate this.

I've never taken "that" much notice of how others conduct themselves. As long as whomever is working out there puts away their weights, I don't give a fck what they do. I don't care if some insecure tool stares at his girl, or stares me down for noticing her. I just don't care about some other joker in the gym, so long as he puts away his weights. Otherwise, he is a non-issue for me.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh Man I can go on and on about this.

1. Dude like the walk around naked in the locker room full of ppl and decided they wanna flash and moon ppl

2. ppl dont wipe the equipment when they are done.

3. People leave their stuff on a machine and go around the gym talkin to ppl and when u try to use the machine they say that they are still using it.

ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezrafitch1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont really care about dumbell dropping if it's extremely heavy and the motion is weird to set them down poperly, but when people are slamming plates onto barbells really loud it pisses me off! worst part is I brought one of my friends to my gym as a guest and this was one of the first times ive ever worked out with him and when we started benching, he started slamming the weights on! i looked down in shame haha

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chilon1 View Post
    People not using ant-bacterial stuff to wipe the germs/sweat off machines before/after they are done exercising. I have only seen 1 old lady do it up til now!
    This is always one of the funniest things I read on this board. I can see wiping away a puddle of sweat but germs? I've been lifting for years and the wiping down each piece of equipment after using it is very new to gyms. Somehow people survived for years inside gyms without wiping down the bars and other equipment after using them. How did we survive? LOL................

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    This is always one of the funniest things I read on this board. I can see wiping away a puddle of sweat but germs? I've been lifting for years and the wiping down each piece of equipment after using it is very new to gyms. Somehow people survived for years inside gyms without wiping down the bars and other equipment after using them. How did we survive? LOL................

Over use of antibacterial product actually causes "super bugs," similar to using antibiotics all the time...we have a wonderful immune system...just don't pick your nose or suck your thumb before you wash your hands...

With that being said, if you have, in fact, left either a puddle of viscous sweat, pile of dandruff, or mess of butt powder, please use the antibacterial...
    Food Aggressive

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    you douche bags complaing about people dropping dumbbells need to stop doing 12-16 reps for once in your life and pick up some heavy weight. no i will not guide huge dumbells down gently for your convenience. grow a pair. i dont want to hurt myself and lifting heavy is the only way to get stronger so deal with it. if you cant go to the machines.

Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.oh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by the59sound View Post
    you douche bags complaing about people dropping dumbbells need to stop doing 12-16 reps for once in your life and pick up some heavy weight. no i will not guide huge dumbells down gently for your convenience. grow a pair. i dont want to hurt myself and lifting heavy is the only way to get stronger so deal with it. if you cant go to the machines.
    If you can lift the weight, you can set it down. I work at a gym and people like you need to realize even though the db's are metal, they can still bend and eventually break.

Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.oh View Post
    If you can lift the weight, you can set it down. I work at a gym and people like you need to realize even though the db's are metal, they can still bend and eventually break.
    Yep; I know these 2 guys very intimidating. One guy has a bald head and braided goatee. They both wear t's and sweats, and stay the steel end of the dumb bell rack, which starts with the 80's (when I saw them shoulder pressing those with ease, it was 'like whoa') and ends with the 150's. They are built like juggernauts, and never drop the weights.
    Food Aggressive

luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BeastAndPower View Post
    Oh Man I can go on and on about this.

1. Dude like the walk around naked in the locker room full of ppl and decided they wanna flash and moon ppl

2. ppl dont wipe the equipment when they are done.

3. People leave their stuff on a machine and go around the gym talkin to ppl and when u try to use the machine they say that they are still using it.
    I tell them well get to it, then.
    “Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ” — Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Persian poet and mystic

the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000) the59sound is just really nice. (+1000)
    no where in the world has there ever been a place where people who work their feel such a false sense of entitlement then people who work at gyms. matt your floors properly and it would not happen, im not risking injury so i can gently set your dumbbells which im paying for you guys to maintain. you must not do enough powerlifting. dont be a puss and people who work at gyms are generally the least knowledgeable people in terms of weightlifting so keep up your desk jockeying because thats what they pay you for. will do what i want to not get injured.

Originally Posted by Thuirwyne View Post
    Yep; I know these 2 guys very intimidating. One guy has a bald head and braided goatee. They both wear t's and sweats, and stay the steel end of the dumb bell rack, which starts with the 80's (when I saw them shoulder pressing those with ease, it was 'like whoa') and ends with the 150's. They are built like juggernauts, and never drop the weights.
    im sure they have dropped dumbells in their lives, you get built into a juggernaut by lifting heavy weights and when going to faliure sometimes to save your shoulders and/or just because you cant you drop them. i dont know what wolrd i live in where people complain about dropping weights. wish there were more real gyms in the world.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no where in the world has there ever been a place where people who work their feel such a false sense of entitlement then people who work at gyms. matt your floors properly and it would not happen, im not risking injury so i can gently set your dumbbells which im paying for you guys to maintain. you must not do enough powerlifting. dont be a puss and people who work at gyms are generally the least knowledgeable people in terms of weightlifting so keep up your desk jockeying because thats what they pay you for. will do what i want to not get injured.
    ^^X about 1 million.

This pisses me off too. I'm sorry about your poor dumbells. Perhaps it would be more convenient for you if I tear a rotator cuff or rip a Pec. I feel just awefull that the 55/mo your charging me doesn't allow for the proper flooring.

Don't get me wrong. For 99% of our lifts, we ARE NOT letting DB's fall to the ground. But, for that 1% when you're in a very low rep range and there is a risk of injury by regaining control of the weights, those Phucker are getting dropped.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    ^^X about 1 million.

This pisses me off too. I'm sorry about your poor dumbells. Perhaps it would be more convenient for you if I tear a rotator cuff or rip a Pec. I feel just awefull that the 55/mo your charging me doesn't allow for the proper flooring.

Don't get me wrong. For 99% of our lifts, we ARE NOT letting DB's fall to the ground. But, for that 1% when you're in a very low rep range and there is a risk of injury by regaining control of the weights, those Phucker are getting dropped.
    exactly, its not like im sitting their stossing DBs against the wall. when i go to faliure lifting really heavy and i drop them and someone who is doing 18 reps with 60lb dbs gets startled and looks at me, i realize how the majority of lifters have no actual sense regarding weightlifting.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another thing. At my gym, one of the Staff, who knew I was supersetting Leg Press and Bench, started dismanteling my leg press - i.e., putting the weights back. Appearantly he didn't like the idea that I was using two stations even though I was practically alone in there that day. I seriously wanted to wrap one of the cables around his neck and choke the silly MOFO. You get in this rythm and then you have to stop to do the manual labor of re-loading the damn leg sled because some Gym Monkey saw fit to Phuck you.

I wish these people would embrace the antiquated notion that perhaps paying customers deserve a bit of deferance.

Here's the thing; there's a difference between throwing the weights and dropping them...I'm all for the release of say, a pair of dumbells to the floor after a heavy bench, or most definetly the clang of a full deadlift...BUT when it's obvious you're throwing them outward and forward so they make more noise on purpose, c'mon man...
    Food Aggressive

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's smart, but usually at the end of a set you're tired and don't have much energy at all to gently place the dumbbell's down. Especially if it's a max rep set, why waste energy gently setting them down and become more tired the next set.

Here's the thing; there's a difference between throwing the weights and dropping them...I'm all for the release of say, a pair of dumbells to the floor after a heavy bench, or most definetly the clang of a full deadlift...BUT when it's obvious you're throwing them outward and forward so they make more noise on purpose, c'mon man...
    should've been more clear, i've never seen anyone actually toss a dumbbell. I have dropped them though and i've seen people do the same. i doubt someone actually tosses them unless they're new to the gym.
    Last edited by TheHitStick; 01-16-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Well put. I would never do that because it's dangerous to the people near by and completely unecessary. I will lower them as much as I can without getting hurt and just release them as you put it. I agree with you, people who toss them around are Meatheads.

And again, you really only need to "release" the dumbells on your heaviest llifts where there is a risk of injury or where you are so smoked that you can't lower them. So to all you kids who think it's cool to drop your high/moderate rep weight on the floor, it's not; and, you're making yourselves look foolish.

selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50) selitos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work out at the YMCA. As you could probably imagine, the gym staff are useless. I had a callous rub off and I asked for some athletic tape so I could finish my workout. The "trainers" were chatting it up in the corner with some girl and helping a gym member was quite the hassle for them. They replied "you mean you want a band-aid for that?" No, I think I know what I need for my finger and a band-aid isn't going to help me finish deadlifting.

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

The fat guy who just made me puke at the gym with his short shorts and his pecker hanging out!!! Fukn gross!!!