Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Work abs while bulking?

I am 14 and am about a year into lifting. I dont know that much but I know enough. It is working for me and I have made good gains. I am bulking up this winter and I was wondering if should still do my ab workouts or just wait until cutting to start my abs back up? Thanks.

John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you might as well, can't hurt. I mean, whether you see the muscle or not makes no difference, it will still be there when you shed the fat off, so that's just months of potential development you're passin up...

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up yes do them

i dont care what anyone says. they are muscle with stimulation they grow. the bigger they are the easier yiou see them.

Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Little Big Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OK, I was still working abs, I just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just work them, but I still think having a 6 pack has NOTHING to do with your stomach muscle, it doesn't matter though because I work my abs more then enough with the cardio I do.

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love to see people give false information, it makes me feel so superior! Chris, your ab muscles do not grow outward, they grow up and down. The only way to see your abs is to shed bodyfat.
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how incorecct

as you know the muscle grows up/down but also as more muscle is developed it begins to bulge further away from the body if you like. hense the reason pros have huge lumps sitcking out as abs.

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The reason pros have huge lumps sticking out if from steroids. Not from "6 minute abs."

Talking lol

let me explain to you in better detail. maybe your not as bright as i gave you credit for. well as you strain abs we both agree more muscle is produced. well when you crunch abs the muscle is forced into a smaller area making the muscle look much bigger. as the shape of muscle is bigger it is made more visible through the fat that you have.

Damn then Coleman must work his abs at for hours upon hours per day, his roid gut is huge! The abs are not like your other muscles, if you have fat covering them , you will not see them.

Talking how wrong

the size of the muscle is the deciding factor of what body fat you can see your abs. hense the reason some people can see at 10%bf and some start to see at 6-8% bf. stop digging yourself further in a whole. you know what im saying makes sense. you still feeling superior.lol

It makes sense to someone who does not know the physiology of the muscle. Let me guess, your a 14 year old kid, your gym teacher told you crunches will give you a 6 pack, and you take that as gospel. The reason some people can see their abs at 6%, and other can see them at 10% is due to genetics.

Cool hehe

no actually im 16.im well aware low body fat leads to increased muscularity/vascularity. You are misinformed where abs are concerned. I understand what you are attemtpting to say however you have given your theory but not backed it up. if you are losing an argument you go directly to genetics. and yes genetics affects everything.but genetics is to do with the size of the muscle also. so thank you for helping me to raise my next point. muscle size is affected by genetics. This goes back to my point about people seeing there abs at 10% if they are lucky or 6-8% if they are not so fortunate.

"One of the problems proponents of the high-rep theory have is that they think that using weight will make their waist big. This can be true when training the obliques and so, but not the abs. They don't grow that far, they grow more up-down than they do out. Because of the nature of the work they do they don't have to grow that much either. So this is an absolute myth. You may add half an inch to your actual waist size over a few years." - Big Cat

Cool lol

thank you far backing me up again big cat. hehe well quote anyway. the thread was started asking whther or not to train during bulk. as the waist size doesnt not increase by much because of ab training but however does increase the size of the actuall ab the proportions change meaning they are more noticeable at a slightly higher body fat. AND you can ask big cat if my theory is correct.i think you will find im not mistaken. seeing as his quote just backed up my whole theory i cant see im wrong can you? Mr Superior. lol

gurlymon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy oh my... tiime to hit the books boys

Originally Posted by Chris16 View Post
    thank you far backing me up again big cat. hehe well quote anyway. the thread was started asking whther or not to train during bulk. as the waist size doesnt not increase by much because of ab training but however does increase the size of the actuall ab the proportions change meaning they are more noticeable at a slightly higher body fat. AND you can ask big cat if my theory is correct.i think you will find im not mistaken. seeing as his quote just backed up my whole theory i cant see im wrong can you? Mr Superior. lol
    SO..... just to stop you from making more of a fool of yourself... I will help shed some light into your poor understanding of muscle hypertrophy. The Abdominals, much like any other muscle develop by means of applied stress and the body's natural ability to adapt to these circumstances. The reason why abs are harder to see IS because of the high levels of solid fat deposits around the stomach and waist; much unlike the liquid fat found in the extremities such as the forearms. Abdominal muscle fibers are mostly type 1 slow twich fibres because they can handle more aerobic activity and have the highest oxydative capability. That is why these muscles are difficult to at mass, much like the calves. These muscles respond to training differently and grow in all directions. The outward growth is very minimal because of the nature of the muscle fibres, and also because of its purpose to lengthen and contract to flex and support the trunk. These muscles grow denser as the fibres multiply and mostly grow together, not OUT. Visibility is most heavily related to body fat %, the size of the abdominals or "how far they stick out" is very insignificant. To answer the original question, yes most definitly train the abs during bulking phases. So that they remain proportioned to the rest of your growing physic. An under-developed core can lead to posture and back problems. I strongly incourage reading some anotomy books, or refering to this wonderfull site's refrences before making such strong claims of ignorance Chris. Time to read up for the next time you may want to make your lack of knowledge public.
    "Train smart not hard, for the naive remain weak"

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gurlymon View Post
    SO..... just to stop you from making more of a fool of yourself... I will help shed some light into your poor understanding of muscle hypertrophy. The Abdominals, much like any other muscle develop by means of applied stress and the body's natural ability to adapt to these circumstances. The reason why abs are harder to see IS because of the high levels of solid fat deposits around the stomach and waist; much unlike the liquid fat found in the extremities such as the forearms. Abdominal muscle fibers are mostly type 1 slow twich fibres because they can handle more aerobic activity and have the highest oxydative capability. That is why these muscles are difficult to at mass, much like the calves. These muscles respond to training differently and grow in all directions. The outward growth is very minimal because of the nature of the muscle fibres, and also because of its purpose to lengthen and contract to flex and support the trunk. These muscles grow denser as the fibres multiply and mostly grow together, not OUT. Visibility is most heavily related to body fat %, the size of the abdominals or "how far they stick out" is very insignificant. To answer the original question, yes most definitly train the abs during bulking phases. So that they remain proportioned to the rest of your growing physic. An under-developed core can lead to posture and back problems. I strongly incourage reading some anotomy books, or refering to this wonderfull site's refrences before making such strong claims of ignorance Chris. Time to read up for the next time you may want to make your lack of knowledge public.
    Notice this thread was made in the year 2001.

Some fool just bumped it.

Originally Posted by Little Big Man View Post
    I am 14 and am about a year into lifting. I dont know that much but I know enough. It is working for me and I have made good gains. I am bulking up this winter and I was wondering if should still do my ab workouts or just wait until cutting to start my abs back up? Thanks.
    OMFG I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASK THIS QUESTION!!

(yes aware thread was created in 2001)

But anyway this question get asked quite alot, so i will still answer, abs are just like any other muscle, would you stop training you chest and biceps just because you are "bulking" just because you cant see the certian muscle does not mean you shouldent train it, abs can still achive muscle hypertrophy when fat is covering them.

So yes, train them when bulking.

Originally Posted by BaronTheDivined

Say you buy a fish, and you'd want to sell it later on. The bigger it gets, the higher the price. The only way to make the fish bigger is to feed it every other day. You buy a 800gallon fish tank. Soon, The tanks glass gets filled with algae, and the fish is barely visible. Would you stop feeding the fish? No. keep feeding it. Then, when the time comes to clean the tank, you'll then see a big ass fish

Main point is, just because you can't see something. Doesn't mean it's not there.

I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) I_Enigma_I is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ofcourse, need a strong core for alot of lifts/exercises.

N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500) N4th4n is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No. Do not train your abs it will **** up your bulk

gurlymon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha i assumed it was current because it was on the first page of my search results my bad. I'm sure Little big man has figured it out by now. or hes still little. hahah im done i really hope that last post was sarcasm or notrhing was achieved here.
    "Train smart not hard, for the naive remain weak"

Triniboi215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chris, I'm sorry to say but you're wrong bro! you have to shed body fat in order to see well defined abs. The leaner you are the better it is to see definition.
    One more rep for just being sexy!

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ask yourself if you care about abs or not OP, if you do then obviously work em out while bulking just going to get you more shredded. If you don't really care about abs and their defintion then dont pretty simple.

Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Newko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes.

Next question.
    "To be selfless is to be imprudent."