Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it possible to loose 5# a week for nine weeks?

I'm kinda getting frustrated with my progress. I started on January 8th at 183#, here it is April 19th and I'm only 170#. I was really hoping to be at my goal weight (125#) by the time I went to Vegas at the end of June, to do that I'd have to lose 5# a week for nine weeks.

Has anyone else ever had a stand still when it comes to weight loss. I work out every single day Monday's Wednesday's and Friday's and Sunday's are cardio. I do 30-60 on an elliptical. On the other days I'm weight lifting. I also am very strict on my diet... I wasn't at first, but I've really tighten the reins on what I put into my mouth. I eat Clean about 95% of the time. And the 5% that I'm not, is only when my grandson feels I need a bite of his cheeseburger or fries.

What is wrong with me?
    Don't live your life to prove something, Live it to improve....My Grandma(my Hero)

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    erm...losing 13 lbs in a little over 2 months is great! You should be THRILLED with your progress!!

Losing 5# in one week for someone of your height and weight would result in more muscle loss than fat loss...and you'd look yucky.

Keep it up, you're doing great! You may not be able to reach 125lbs by June, but you may be able to "look" close to it by reducing your bf considerably! Keep eating well and clean and working out, the fat loss will come!

Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pam_39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Really 13# in 15 weeks is good? I don't know, it just seems like it's not alot of progress.
    Don't live your life to prove something, Live it to improve....My Grandma(my Hero)

breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Pam_39 View Post
    Really 13# in 15 weeks is good? I don't know, it just seems like it's not alot of progress.
    That's almost a pound per week - it's amazing progress.

Five pounds per week is totally unrealistic and unhealthy. You'd only be setting yourself up for failure. Focus on losing a healthy amount per week (no more than 2 pounds) and you'll be in great shape for your vacation.

N2_Fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you've done great so far!! Don't put too much importance on a specific weight # by a certain date -- you are setting yourself up to possibly feel disappointed and use it as an excuse to stop all of your hard work. It sounds like you have made some good lifestyle changes, just keep it up. Sorry to be negative - but no, I don't think you can or should try to lose 5# in a week, not even for one week. Aim for 1-2#s per week.
    Marie

It is all about The Wah! Sar-Wah's Avatar
    Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000) Sar-Wah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pam!!

Don't feel frustrated ... you are doing brilliantly!!

You have to consider that your body is changing much more than in the weight loss alone. Did you take some measurements when you started? Ifso take them again now I am sure you will see a difference. ALSO how are your clothes fitting, they may not be falling off, but I am sure that they are looser all round.

Keep up what you are doing & you will look brilliant for your vacation

~~ Think positive, set goals, achieve them and smile and laugh everyday ~~

Come & follow the journey!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1387601&page=53

~~ Feel the fear -----> Do it anyway ~~

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't take any rest days? You might want to consider taking a rest day at least 1 day a week. 5# a week would be setting yourself up for muscle loss and you would NOT look like you want to look!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is awesome! I know we want the lbs off asap..but like was already posted here if you'd loose anymore than really 3 lbs a week that would throw up a red flag..you'd be losing muscle and not fat..and that's the last thing you want to do cause if you start sabotaging your muscle you'll have an even harder time taking the lbs off cause your muscle is what's gonna keep your metabolism up and keep you looking toned. Don't get caught up in the quick fix things that are promoted...you're on the right track with your fat loss. What is your diet like? You said you eat clean..I know alot of people have a misconception of what clean eating really is. Post up an example day of your diet so we get a better idea of what you're taking in..do you log your foods? Weigh or measure out your portions? How many cals, fat, carbs, pro are you taking in?
    Train smart..train hard,

S LeCompte

breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250) breathingsky has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by slecompte View Post
    ...but like was already posted here if you'd loose anymore than really 3 lbs a week that would throw up a red flag..you'd be losing muscle and not fat...
    I would not suggest attempting to lose 3lbs per week. You'd have to create a calorie deficit of 1500 per day, which IMO is not sustainable in any healthy way. Also, 3lbs is not the cut off for fat loss, at which point beyond that you'd be burning muscle. Whether you're using muscle or fat for energy has much more to do with your diet, particularly pre/post WO.

SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SurelyShirley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm kinda getting frustrated with my progress. I started on January 8th at 183#, here it is April 19th and I'm only 170#. I was really hoping to be at my goal weight (125#) by the time I went to Vegas at the end of June, to do that I'd have to lose 5# a week for nine weeks.

Has anyone else ever had a stand still when it comes to weight loss. I work out every single day Monday's Wednesday's and Friday's and Sunday's are cardio. I do 30-60 on an elliptical. On the other days I'm weight lifting. I also am very strict on my diet... I wasn't at first, but I've really tighten the reins on what I put into my mouth. I eat Clean about 95% of the time. And the 5% that I'm not, is only when my grandson feels I need a bite of his cheeseburger or fries.

What is wrong with me?
    Hi Pam,

I can totally understand your frustrations...but you are doing absolutely GREAT!!! It's tough for us people who have a few pounds to lose. I can totally relate as I ALWAYS feel like I'm at a stand still and feel like throwing in the towel. Then after another few weeks of sticking with it, eating clean and exercising, my body decides to let go of a few pounds of fat. KEEP WITH IT! it takes a while but progress is progress! Maybe you could set another goal for youself, like losing 5 lbs in those 9 weeks. It might not sound like much...but it is! Slow and steady wins the race!
    ...craving chocolate

FemMiscArmy #6

slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by breathingsky View Post
    I would not suggest attempting to lose 3lbs per week. You'd have to create a calorie deficit of 1500 per day, which IMO is not sustainable in any healthy way. Also, 3lbs is not the cut off for fat loss, at which point beyond that you'd be burning muscle. Whether you're using muscle or fat for energy has much more to do with your diet, particularly pre/post WO.

I'm not suggesting to lose 3 lbs per week by any means I said giving a rough estimate that that would be a number I would say would throw up a red flag that you could be losing muscle. I love people that take parts out of post to try and bust balls..very interesting..you're taking it out of context! I said her lbs lost was a great rate..I believe I said she was on the right track if you want to pick that part out to quote me on.
    Train smart..train hard,

S LeCompte

I'm not suggesting to lose 3 lbs per week by any means I said giving a rough estimate that that would be a number I would say would throw up a red flag that you could be losing muscle. I love people that take parts out of post to try and bust balls..very interesting..you're taking it out of context! I said her lbs lost was a great rate..I believe I said she was on the right track if you want to pick that part out to quote me on.
    You said "if you lose any more than three pounds that would be a red flag." It's possible that one could infer from what you said that it's okay to lose UP TO 3lbs in a week, but at that point, it's not good. You also said that "at that point she would be losing muscle." You can lose 1 pound or 2 pounds a week and the majority can be muscle and not fat if your diet is off.

I disagreed with both points, and I explained why. Nothing was taken out of context. I did not disagree with you saying she was on the right track currently, therefore I did not feel the need to respond to that.
    Last edited by breathingsky; 04-20-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Originally Posted by breathingsky View Post
    You said "if you lose any more than three pounds that would be a red flag." It's possible that one could infer from what you said that it's okay to lose UP TO 3lbs in a week, but at that point, it's not good. You also said that "at that point she would be losing muscle." You can lose 1 pound or 2 pounds a week and the majority can be muscle and not fat if your diet is off.

I disagreed with both points, and I explained why. Nothing was taken out of context. I did not disagree with you saying she was on the right track currently, therefore I did not feel the need to respond to that.
    Yes Ms. Last word..I understand that you can lose muscle at 1 or 2 lbs..why do you think I asked what her diet was like? People that keep losing several lbs a week consistantly aren't losing just body fat..of course at first with a drastic diet change..example let me explain drastic so that doesn't get pinpointed say she starts cleaning up her diet..yes the first major drop is mainly water , etc..consistantly losing 3 + lbs a week is a red flag that it may not be just fat she is losing..if she loses too fast she's need to up foods to keep the steady rate of 1 to 2 lbs a week. TA DA!!!!
    Train smart..train hard,

S LeCompte

Yes Ms. Last word..I understand that you can lose muscle at 1 or 2 lbs..why do you think I asked what her diet was like? People that keep losing several lbs a week consistantly aren't losing just body fat..of course at first with a drastic diet change..example let me explain drastic so that doesn't get pinpointed say she starts cleaning up her diet..yes the first major drop is mainly water , etc..consistantly losing 3 + lbs a week is a red flag that it may not be just fat she is losing..if she loses too fast she's need to up foods to keep the steady rate of 1 to 2 lbs a week. TA DA!!!!
    Are you always this defensive when someone disagrees with you? Why don't you just defend your point without the insults?

And by the way, what you said above is just as convoluted as your original post.
    Last edited by breathingsky; 04-20-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lets try and stay on topic and help out the OP without all the sarcastic remarks getting thrown back and forth please.

Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Lets try and stay on topic and help out the OP without all the sarcastic remarks getting thrown back and forth please.
    Sounds good to me Roxie!
    Train smart..train hard,

S LeCompte

Don't give me evils! SumthinOrNuthin's Avatar
    SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To the OP ....

the answer to your question is yes, you can lose 5lbs a week but it will require extreme and unhealthy measures, you will feel so ****ty you won't feel like going to Vegas and you'll wreck all the hard work you've done in the gym for the last 4 months.

Seriously, you're making ideal progress - ask any health professional and they will tell you that a loss of around 1lb per week is an extremely healthy rate at which to lose.

What you're going through is a bout of impatience brought about by an unrealistic goal, but don't worry, we've all been there at least once!!

You're doing absolutely brilliantly and all you need to do now is carry on as you have been. If you like to work towards goals (most of us do) then the trick is to have some short and medium term goals that you can sensibly achieve. The business speak is to make your goals SMART .....

Specific - I want to lose 10lbs of BF.
    Measurable - I can track my progress on the scales.
    Achieveable - any person can do this if they have the right plan.
    REALISTIC - I can do this without compromising my health or resorting to desperate tactics.
    Timebound - I want to lose 1lb per week for the next 10 weeks.

See? Its so rewarding to have short term goals because it gives you more opportunity to celebrate your success. It also ensures that you actually do acknowledge your progress. Its very easy when you have a big, long-term goal to miss all the small wins along the way. Right now, your original goal seems lost and you're comletely missing the fact that you've actually done really well!!

Keep up the good work
    Brian! Who are all those people outside?
    I don't know mother, they just .... popped by.
    Popped by?! Swarmed by more like!

Well Ladies, seems I sparked a little controversy! Anyhoo! I realize what everyone is saying, 5# does seem a little overboard. I guess I was having one of those days. The scale hadn't move in awhile, and I was feeling pretty low about it. But now, I'm feeling better and have come to the realization that I'm not willing to compromise the hard work I've done so far (and I don't want to feel ****y in Vegas either).

I went to the gym, and got my BF% and BMI taken again. I've lost 6% BF and my BMI went from 33 to 27. So appartently I'm doing something right. I just got to learn to be more patient when it comes to the scale.

Thanks again to all you for putting my head back right.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If the scale stops moving for 2 weeks, THEN you want to change your plan. I personally like calorie cycling - see http://terracotta2.googlepages.com/caloriecycling
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom