BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wtf Is This F***ed Up Or What??

OK the way my split is designed- i hit chest on tuesday, when it is fully rested an nothing is in the way...and i hit shoulders the next day...that means when i do shoulders, my delts are kinda tired from the chest day before, so i obviously cant lift as much as i would be able to if they were fresh....but get this: i can millitary press more than i can bench press (MP: 165 * 5, BENCH (DECLINE,SMITH): 155 * 4)...WTF is up with that??? i mean that is totally ****ed up to me.... now granted i use millitary presses in every shoulder workout, whereas i always change the position of barbell benching (incline, decline, and flat)...but still...shouldnt i be able to do more than i can mil press???

eMariCaN Dr3aM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dang thats really good for military though cause i bench 350 and i think my shoulders are pretty big and i hit military around in there for my work out. im impressed. if ur interested try this on ur chest day its what i do. if ur not i just wana tell u keep up the hard work and dont worry about any thing, worring just takes time off focusing on lifting

Chest:

find your 4 rep faliure. if u dont know what that is it is some thing u can bench four times it good to find some thing that u can do 2 times and all most 3 and then just go off of my numbers and change ur weight to how i change my weight from my failure set.

Bench Press
    225x8
    240x6
    255x4
    265x4
    275xfaluire
    230x10

Incline
    4-5 sets of 6-8 go up in weight after each set start out with 8 reps and then go to 6 as it gets heavier if u have to force the last set of 6 with a spotter

dumb bell bench
    3 sets of 8

dumb bell incline
    3 set of 8 remember to all ways go up weight

decline bench
    4 sets kinda take a rest before this work out like say 2-4 mins break and start out with 2 light weight sets of 10 then go a medium weight of 6 and then go a super heavy weight of 2 but force out 4 with a spot

decline flys
    2 sets of 12 light weight

incline flys

bench flys

then for the final stretch

cable crosses 3 sets of
    10 light weight

i know that this sounds like A LOT to do for one day of chest but just as long as u go to ur faliure on the first work out BENCH then the rest of it just pass your self like u would on a job and u dont have to try to kill ur self with the dumb bells. this will hit every part of ur chest and keep it soar for at least 2-3 days which is good. so dont do chest more then 2 time a week or even one time a week. switch things up thats the best thing to do. one week devote it to chest next week arms. dont just do those muscles but work around them and work them out kinda the hardest.thats just what i do. if u will im interested what other work outs u do for your shoulders just like any one i dont know every thing and would like to know more thanx.

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is a huge military press for your stats and in comparisson to your bench, sure you havent miscalculated?

nice going!

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are probably barely moving the military press, you have a restricted range of motion for it.

I'm not saying you use bad form, though. Some people would have you believe that you should only press to the top of your head.. which makes it alot easier considering your only moving about half the distance you could if you brought it to your clavicles.

Obviously, if you use a much smaller range of motion, you'll be able to lift more. Still, though, that is an impressive military press.

cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    man that's one hell of a military press.. geez, anyway, make sure you're using proper form, slow reps, and full range of motion

Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Travis Stenersn
    You are probably barely moving the military press, you have a restricted range of motion for it.

I'm not saying you use bad form, though. Some people would have you believe that you should only press to the top of your head.. which makes it alot easier considering your only moving about half the distance you could if you brought it to your clavicles.

Obviously, if you use a much smaller range of motion, you'll be able to lift more. Still, though, that is an impressive military press.
    I will have to disagree with you there. On the military press, I bring my arms done parrell to the floor, which basically means near the top of a head, or a quarter of an inch lower. Going anywhere lower will raise the chance of injury on your rotator cuff by ALOT, and this is not a risk that is worth taking. Plus, from the top to the head is where most of the shoulder is worked out anyways, going lower just puts more stress on body parts that shouldn't be worked.

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099

Re: Wtf Is This F***ed Up Or What??

Originally posted by BigAssDeltoids
    OK the way my split is designed- i hit chest on tuesday, when it is fully rested an nothing is in the way...and i hit shoulders the next day...that means when i do shoulders, my delts are kinda tired from the chest day before, so i obviously cant lift as much as i would be able to if they were fresh....but get this: i can millitary press more than i can bench press (MP: 165 * 5, BENCH (DECLINE,SMITH): 155 * 4)...WTF is up with that??? i mean that is totally ****ed up to me.... now granted i use millitary presses in every shoulder workout, whereas i always change the position of barbell benching (incline, decline, and flat)...but still...shouldnt i be able to do more than i can mil press???
    Interesting. Here is a possible reason...

Not all smith-machines are created equal. Some, like the ones with the linear resistance cables, make the weight on the bar feel much lighter than that on a barbell. Others that function simply as a barbell with a guided path often make the weight feel heavier than it should because of the extra resistance against the guiding rails.

I would also like to say that perhaps your shoulders are naturally stronger than your chest. However, people with this build often use their shoulders more than their chest while benching, so this would not equate to greater weights on a vertical rather than a flat press. If your are benching with absolutely perfect form, contracting and stretching the pecs hard with every rep, than perhaps if your shoulders are stronger your bench will be slightly lower than your military press.

My two cents. Peace!

Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Aker

I will have to disagree with you there. On the military press, I bring my arms done parrell to the floor, which basically means near the top of a head, or a quarter of an inch lower. Going anywhere lower will raise the chance of injury on your rotator cuff by ALOT, and this is not a risk that is worth taking. Plus, from the top to the head is where most of the shoulder is worked out anyways, going lower just puts more stress on body parts that shouldn't be worked.
    This discussion was held on another thread about benching. The same deal applies. Of course there is stress on the rotator cuff, there is even with the movement you describe. A full range of motion to the front of the neck is safe for most if not all individuals without preexisting shoulder problems. If your are putting the bar behind the neck, that is where stress to that area increase because of the external rotation and shoulder adduction that is required for that movement. Many individuals, especially young ones, can handle this despite the awkward biomechanical position.

first of all, i bring the bar to my chest, and push it back up...in fact i make the mistake of pushing it up too far, so that my arms lock out and then my tris get involved...so obviously i am not limiting my range of motion for weight...i would never do that...second, there has been NO miscalculation- 2 45 plates, 2 10 plates, and 2 2.5 plates...plus the bar thats 165... i can do that for 5 reps with no problem..my delts are pretty strong...but i always thought that you should be able to bench more than you can MPress, cause the MP is pretty much shoulders only, whereas a bench would involve the chest, the shoulders, tris, and others... i mean this just annoys the heck outta me... i hate not being able to bench my bodyweight!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Russell EW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you ever think its because you have bigassdeltoids?

lol just kidding
    Think your Frackus Worthy?

www.Frackus.com

Make Posts. Get Votes. Feel good.

AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your delts are a lot like mine (I do 155 for 10 lockout repson MP), and since my delts respond so easily, i do it after chest. If i give them a seperate day, its like I am working them twice.
    I'm not binging...I'm bulking

Are you using the smith machine?
    It has weights to counterbalance the weight of the bar. The bar is somewhere between nothing and 17 pounds.

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dude you can only bench 155 5x on the SMITH machine? i thought you weighed alot?

do you always bench using machines?

damn i could do 300 easy on the machines.

AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you guys talking to me? I can do 155 with a barbell and plates on military press

Are you using the smith machine?
    It has weights to counterbalance the weight of the bar. The bar is somewhere between nothing and 17 pounds.
    oh ****...that means i bench even less than 155!!! how the hell can u say the bar weighs nothing?? cause obviously it does weight something... and for the mill press, i use a regular barbell...

asian, thats exactly how my delts are...they respond fast, and get strong real quick...in fact, what ends up happening is that while i bench, i feel my shoulders trying to take over the movement that is supposed to be for the chest!!!

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    B.A.D..........ok if you can't bench more than 155 (BARBELL)at your weight then its something wrong with your training and or diet.

doesn't sound right.

plus i stay away from machines at all costs.......except like universals to do tri pull downs. o yeah and leg curls and extensions.

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    US-marien you should be a Powerlifter with the amount of weight yuo can lift for your bodyweight.

Originally posted by BigAssDeltoids

while i bench, i feel my shoulders trying to take over the movement that is supposed to be for the chest!!!
    This is what i did to clear that up; i did some incline flies and really squeezed my chest. Also, when benching, try placing ur hands far apart. Using a wide grip will stress ur pecs a lot more. Also, b/c my delts are so sensitive, i feel them on all chest exercies, even the flies. So another trick i picked up is to pose and squeeze the chest for like 3-5 seconds, then do that 3-4 times after each set.

Originally posted by Gmav
    US-marien you should be a Powerlifter with the amount of weight yuo can lift for your bodyweight.
    In powerlifting they use free weights, which i severly doubt US mARINE can put up as well as he can on machines

Originally posted by AsianInvasion

In powerlifting they use free weights, which i severly doubt US mARINE can put up as well as he can on machines

who said i use machines............i barely use em.........

also my lifts aren't that good but they are decent for me.

Originally posted by US-Marine

who said i use machines............i barely use em.........

also my lifts aren't that good but they are decent for me.
    Well u said u could do 300 on the SMith machine, and im assumong thats what Gmav was talking about u being really strong

Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This discussion was held on another thread about benching. The same deal applies. Of course there is stress on the rotator cuff, there is even with the movement you describe. A full range of motion to the front of the neck is safe for most if not all individuals without preexisting shoulder problems. If your are putting the bar behind the neck, that is where stress to that area increase because of the external rotation and shoulder adduction that is required for that movement. Many individuals, especially young ones, can handle this despite the awkward biomechanical position.
    I do four sets of military press, all behind the neck but I go down only parrel to the floor. After that, I do four sets dumbbel presses. And than some other things. This has seemed to be working very good for me. I guess different things work for different people. The only thing I do know is that the people that do military press behind the neck and going very low have a greater chance at injury.

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I heard that going below parralel on shoulder presses just removes all tension off of the deltoids and gives them time to rest.

now I basically go all the way down to the clavicle, but last workout I tried to only go to parrallel and it actually made sense that the tension is removed to go below it...

i dont know really.

You're right, BAD, about it not weighing nothing.. it obviously doesnt float there..
    Try lifting the bar without weights on it, and compare it to a 45 pound dumbbell. It isn't 45 pounds(at least on most smith machines). I forget where I heard 17 pounds, as even that seems a little heavy.
    Let me see if I can find out from a manucturer's web site.

By the way, ditch the smith machine for both exercises. You're better off with free weights.

Zaksachoad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaksachoad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaksachoad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaksachoad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaksachoad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Wimps

U guys are a bunch of pussys i can bench like 65 pounds

ChodeStache69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i beat u i got the bar last week