Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

high sugar/complex carbs

ok.. i talked to a nutritionist yesterday and she said a carb is a carb is a carb.. doesnt make a difference AT ALL. so.. i presented her with a question... if two IDENTICAL twins.. or a body double.. everything the same.. metabolic rate... muscle mass.. activity... they both take in the same calories to maintain body fat.. but, one of them does all their carbs in sugar liquid form.. and the other does it is some sort of complex carb form... same ratios with all protein fat and carbs though.... she said that there will be no difference in body fat stored at all.. if they both cut kcals, they would both lose weight.. she basically said that the only difference is the vitamins you wouldnt be getting from the complex carbs.. now i would like to think that there is a thermic effect of foods.. also i would like to think that spiking insulin levels too fast will lead to more fat to be stored.. but i might be wrong.. can anyone explain??
    5'9"
    176 lbs
    squats: 320x6
    Deadlift:355x6
    Military:135x5

B.S. in Exercise Science from Ball State University

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To a very large extent, she's right.

There are a few large scale studies out there which show that what affects weight loss is either total calories or total carbs, but the gi of the carbs is pretty much irrevelant. However, the low gi carbs tend to be the ones you find in less processed food that contain more natural nutrients, so you should be better nourished and healthier, and the high gi carbs tend to be in the sort of processed fast food which is also full of transfats and strange additives.

I personally think that the argument breaks down a bit when it comes to fibrous vegetables. I don't believe the body handles 200 cals of broccoli the same as 200 cals of sugar, but I don't have any recent research to back that up.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBear327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds to me that someone gets paid to not know what the hell they are talking about in full. Plagues most industries, but anyhow...

The glycemic index from different carbs will certainly have a huge effect upon the "carb = carb" debate. If you were to take in no other carbs but refined sugar (even if you made up the vitamins and such with other supplementation) it would be a completely different diet than taking in all of your carbohydrates from say green beans, grapefruit, etc.

Comparing nutrition labels, yeah sure it's all the same, but we all know better than that. Excess sugar will be stored in fat, and the chances of that happening with high GI foods is much greater, somewhat regardless of caloric intake.

*Insulin inhibits the mobilization of fat that is already stored in your body. Read up on the effects of insulin and glucagon. Definitely a must read, even for someone that can be called an "expert."
    "In order to survive you, I must first survive myself. I can sink no further and I cannot forgive you. There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you."

callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) callmeawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh cool... so i can eat candy instead of kashi?

but seriously... that's ridiculous. Tell her you're going to take an extra multi and chow down on Swedish Fish... see what she says.
    <--- Kinda curious

HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50) HerveDuchemin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For a week, Get your 200g of daily carbs from fruit juice, donuts/cakes/pastries and french fries. You will look soft, and you will retain a bunch of preservatives and water under your skin. Do it for a week.

Then for the next week, take in 200g of carbs from yams, oats, brown rice, and green vegetables. You will look and feel noticeably different. Harder, more cut, and less bloated.
    You are born with a spark; to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Disipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you are on top and they say you are an overnight success, a natural. You smile, you know. - Anonymous

Burning desire to get out of bed in the morning!!

Even the BEST were taught by someone who knows more than them!

Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wolfman1265 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol.. ya i see what all u guys are sayin.. i mean overall.. it is calories in and out... but i do feel like it does have SOME effect
    5'9"
    176 lbs
    squats: 320x6
    Deadlift:355x6
    Military:135x5

B.S. in Exercise Science from Ball State University

ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Simple carbs really can mess with insulin. I think the problem comes where they usually make you more hungry and when you do go over it has a far greater impact. Plus I really don't Calories in/out is completely all thats going on. For instance your body might need something other than sugar and will take energy from muscle and store the sugar as fat.

DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting. Id think that although the effect is the same, that the complex carbs are more effective in curbing appetite since they make you feel full a little longer. For alot of people simple carbs dont make you feel full.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    -Mahatma Ghandi

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wolfman1265 View Post
    ok.. i talked to a nutritionist yesterday and she said a carb is a carb is a carb.. doesnt make a difference AT ALL. so.. i presented her with a question...
    I thought u were going to ask her who the heck gave her the nutrition certification,or.... can I have my money back?
    https://www.egyfitness.com

ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ewitte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My sister with an associates in nutrition will not even acknowledge the basic principle for losing weight (eating less Calories than you burn). She just goes on some kind of tangent about everyones bodies being different and I don't have any certs/degrees so I don't know anything. Lol.

ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristianBBer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ewitte View Post
    My sister with an associates in nutrition will not even acknowledge the basic principle for losing weight (eating less Calories than you burn). She just goes on some kind of tangent about everyones bodies being different and I don't have any certs/degrees so I don't know anything. Lol.
    That's because everyone on this forum think they are a nutritionist. They believe they know everything, there statements are impervious, they all studied Carbohydrates and proteins and fats. Went into labs and observed the molecule structure of a carbohydrate .

How many people do you think could answer these questions on the top of their head, without searching online.

1. Explain the differences
    Sucrase > Sucrose
    Maltrase > Maltose
    Lactase > Lactose

2. Explain the process behind production of High fructose corn syrup.

3. Explain the process of a carbohydrate digesting, more specifically, the Biomacromolecules .

4. Explain the role process of a hormone called Glucagon.

Please don't interpret I am claiming no one on this board know's anything intelligent , a lot of people on here know the fundamental basic of nutrition.

But those who have had the pleasure of studying Nutrients in a lab, taken numerous classes pertaining to nutrition from professors who are extremely credible in the nutrition field, know what they are talking about.

If she is a certified nutritionist, then she know's what she is talking about.
    If she has a BA degree from U.C Berkeley, then she REALLY knows what she is talking about