kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kenpodragon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Seated Calf Raises

Hate not having a seated calf raise machine at the gym and don't like lugging dumbells or a barbell into position while you sit on the bench with your feet nicely planted on a raise bar?

I was in my gym the other day, and doing some investigation because seated calf raises - at least to get decent amounts of weight on the bar, is some serious issue seeing as how my gym doesnt have the afformentioned calf machine - I found that the Leg curl machine makes an awesome substitute. Great with the amount of weight, padded, and whatnot to boot.

The way it works is you place the calf bar under the rotation mechanic, and adjust the rotation bar so that it rests just below your knees. Sitting facing the back of the machine - instead of lying on the machine to do a proper leg curl, you sit facing outward with the movement arm around the area of your knees.

Straighten the legs out under the pad, and place them onto the calf bar, raising the movement arm up in the process - leg strength here. Now, you have the makings of an impromptu seated calf raise machine.

Enjoy!

Note, not all machines are situated to handle this, some, due to balance issues will move too much to be considered safe. Additionally, some machines can not adjust the leg curl movement arm low enough to get a good range of motion with the seated calf raises. Test and try at your own risk - however, at the gym here, since my discovery, I have noticed a lot more people using the machine in the said manner, even some trainers are using the exercise with their clients, and the management is now considering purchasing an actual seated calf raise machine. Hooray for innovation. Now if only we can get them to get a dip - leg raise station...
    6-1: 242/ 23%bf | 6-10: 239 18% | 6-17: 239 18% | 6-24: 239.4 18% | Month Total: -2.6 -5%
    7-1: 235.8 18% | 7-8: 230.9 18% | 7-15: 223.5 30% | 7-22: xxx | 7-29: xxx | Month Total:
    8-5: xxx | 8-12: xxx | 8-19: xxx | 8-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 9-1: xxx