andy07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Milk Dangerous ?

Ive been taking muscle milk for at least 5 years and i decided to look at the ingredients just recently and i noticed it contained Glycocyamine which is a precursor to creatine.I googled Glycocyamine and it said on testosterone nation its dangerous and can cause liver and heart problems and the body actually retains less naturally occuring creatine.Then i went on bodybuilding .com and it said its the greatest break thru for people who cant digest creatine cause it bothers their stomachs and they even pushed a product called swole.Muscle milk also contains Sucralose and acesulfame k both which are considered as bad as aspartame.So does anyone know of a good tasting protein powder thats safe and doesnt contain those chemicals and whats up with bodybuilding.com promoting products with glycocyamine as being safe and effective.

Registered User visualenkryption's Avatar
    visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by andy07 View Post
    Ive been taking muscle milk for at least 5 years and i decided to look at the ingredients just recently and i noticed it contained Glycocyamine which is a precursor to creatine.I googled Glycocyamine and it said on testosterone nation its dangerous and can cause liver and heart problems and the body actually retains less naturally occuring creatine.Then i went on bodybuilding .com and it said its the greatest break thru for people who cant digest creatine cause it bothers their stomachs and they even pushed a product called swole.Muscle milk also contains Sucralose and acesulfame k both which are considered as bad as aspartame.So does anyone know of a good tasting protein powder thats safe and doesnt contain those chemicals and whats up with bodybuilding.com promoting products with glycocyamine as being safe and effective.
    MuscleMilk also contains Betaine which lowers the levels of homocysteine that glycoyamine raises. I haven't heard of anyone being negatively affected by consuming products with glycoyamine in them, which could indicate either that the betaine is doing its job, or glycoyamine really isn't all that harmful. There are an array of awesome supplements out right now that contain this chemical. Supplementing with folic acid is also helpful with lowering homocysteine levels. Sucralose is splenda, and is NOT harmful to your body. The theory that by replacing chlorine atoms with oxygen atoms is harmful to your body is completely bunk. There have been studies showing the toxicity of sucralose; the problem with these studies is the amounts used were massive. Aspartame has also had studies done, which concludes that it can have adverse affects in lab rats. While there is more evidence proving that aspartame can have negligible health effects, it is important to know that lab rats also had the same effects when fed compounds like lactose and sorbitol. As for the acesulfame, I wouldn't be able to tell you much about that.

What I can tell you is that both Muscle Milk light and Syntha-6 are very good protein powders and do not contain glycoyamine. They do, however, have acesulfame and sucralose in them.

Most protein mixes you'll find, unless they have tons of sugar are bound to contain some sort of artifical sweetner whether it be acesulfame k, sucralose, saccharin, or something else. I don't think your focus should be on ruling out artificial sweeteners, but rather being sure that your protein is from a quality source. Syntrax's Matrix 5.0 for example, while it tastes great, has a terrible source of protein. The Wheat Gluten that is in Matrix is an incomplete source of protein. They sell it for so cheap because of the crappy fillers they use in it.

The studies that show sucralose in particular is toxic are flawed. My logic being the incredible doses they used in these studies would make anything unsafe. Ordinary table sugar (sucrose) is actually toxic to your body organs at high doses.

Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Didn't Muscle Milk remove the Glycocyamine, or am I thinking of something else?

Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000)
    i heard they removed it.
    Michael: Bros before hoes. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho, and you told her that she was the only ho for you. And that she was better than all the other hoes in the world. And then suddenly...she's not yo' ho no mo'.

reps owed: wobz, bubba289, thailegacy, hampo, LegendAmI, ManLaw, ken_wright88, irishkid, zacht, Econ_Haircut

negs owed:ilikebeer, TheDukeUSMC

2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000) 2 HUGE is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation

muscle milk article right here

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1231523

very interesting
    $

"No fck that, I'm not gonna miss any reps. I'll die before i miss a rep." - dynamik, #1

RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Muscle Milk is fine, they removed the GCC. Just drink the damn stuff and enjoy it (am drinking it as we speak!)
    *Two in the Chest, One in the Head*

○Νє*

Official Misc Meat Head #3

dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mos Jeff View Post
    Didn't Muscle Milk remove the Glycocyamine, or am I thinking of something else?
    yes. the first time i used a cytosport product was back in dec. I used muscle milk light because i was cutting weight for wrestling. Back then it still had the glyco in it and it gave me as much energy as a preworkout supplement. The next month they took the glyco out and now it just makes me tired.
    "Well I Mean Milk Is Juice From A Cow Right?"

I rep back

Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000) Fleshka is just really nice. (+1000)
    the dymatize milk still has it in it.
    Michael: Bros before hoes. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you were nothing but great to your ho, and you told her that she was the only ho for you. And that she was better than all the other hoes in the world. And then suddenly...she's not yo' ho no mo'.

reps owed: wobz, bubba289, thailegacy, hampo, LegendAmI, ManLaw, ken_wright88, irishkid, zacht, Econ_Haircut

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Fleshka View Post
    the dymatize milk still has it in it.
    Yes, as do a lot of pre-workout/creatine products.

Originally Posted by eldawg View Post
    Yes, as do a lot of pre-workout/creatine products.
    ill pass on that definitely.

Registered User visualenkryption's Avatar
    visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) visualenkryption has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone recently ordered muscle milk from here and gotten the version without glycoyamine?

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was advised to stay away from Glyco at all costs, regardless of the amount of Betaine being taken with it.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences