xxJesterLordxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Poor Deadlift form? Hurt lower back

I think I may have hurt my lower back when deadlifting. Im quite new to deadlifts and want to max them every week. I went up to 170kg yesterday and the day after my lower back hurt especially when i try to clutch myself like an armadillo. The pain is somewhere around the bone above my buttcheeks. That part also usually hurts after each deadlift session. Should i completely give up on deadlifts or should i drop the weight and work on my form for a month and then slowly start upping the weight? Or should i go see a doctor? Its not an unbearable pain its just a dull pain. It hurts in certain sitting positions but hurts harder once i round myself like a ball

EpicIncarnate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here's what to do:
    1. Learn to deadlift really well. Back off the weight and master your form. Watch tutorials on YouTube and learn about proper queuing, back position, leg drive, HEAD AND NECK POSITION, and everything else. I recommend Chris Duffin and Jonnie Candito.
    2. Build your way up gradually in weight. Do reps under significant but no maximal loads so that you learn how to handle heavy weight with good form.
    3. Don't worry about maxing on deadlifts until you're more advanced in the lift.

Your back probably hurts because your back rounded when you pulled the weight off the ground. When you do that, your discs are put are extreme risk of herniation.

I hope this helps you stay healthy and strong and avoid injury! Cheers.
    Metalhead crew
    Buff nerd crew
    Protein bar addict crew