cosmicpimp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Penut butter and jelly sandwiches

Is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches good for you? If i add them into my diet will it help me lean up our will it add fat on?

BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just be sure and wash em down with a juicy box and a fruit roll up.....

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Penut butter and jelly sandwiches

Originally posted by cosmicpimp2
    Is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches good for you? If i add them into my diet will it help me lean up our will it add fat on?
    Yeah, I would either go with that or a Happy Meal.

ironhead31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

If you are going on your BULKING cycle then your headed in the right direction that is for sure!

simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i don't know if i would say it's good for you. you're eating the grains, which you could be doing a lot better unless you really need those carbs. as for fats, you can get much better sources from fish oil or olive oil rather than disrupting your omega 6 to 3 balances from the peanut butter. nobody needs the sugar that comes from the jelly. and the protein in the peanut butter shouldn't even be discussed. still got any questions?
    i don't want a sig

BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, while bulking, all natural peanut butter, on whole wheat, with a little jelly is perfectly fine.
    ROFL SUP?

Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000) Not So Big is just really nice. (+1000)
    if u really want to eat them, i would atleast suggest cutting out the jelly because its got lots of sugar.
    get natural pb to
    LIFES A GARDEN, DIG IT

I deadlifted 475 yesterday, WAY TO GO IDAHO

simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simplecanibus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i don't think pb and j is fine at all. the only thing that makes it ok for a bodybuilder is the carbs and high calorie content and what have you. there are plenty of better sources for nutrition.
    i don't want a sig

Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat PBJ sandwiches all the time. I snowboard a lot, and they are real easy to throw in a pack and take on the mountain with you.

You just need to use the right ingredients:
    100% Whole Wheat Bread
    100% Natural PB
    Sugar Free Jelly

I eat one or two of those and a couple of bags of tuna while on the mountain.... pretty good macro breakdown if you ask me.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 150 (+/- 4)
    BF: 14%

Do you ever have that dream where you show up at work naked?

thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Geoff2010

You just need to use the right ingredients:
    100% Whole Wheat Bread
    100% Natural PB
    Sugar Free Jelly
    exactly.

that's perfectly fine for you, it's what i eat as well.

i don't like the idea of bread and jelly. depends on what kind of jelly, if you are using something high in anti-oxidants in can be very beneficial. but there are lots of problems when you start to eat grains, like the nutrient deficiencies that follow. lots of carbs, but not sound nutritionally overall. just cause YOU eat something all the time doesn't mean it's good for you. i don't know if that's what you were saying, but you get the point.
    i don't want a sig

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good night time snack. you might have to adjust depending on your goal.

2 servings peanut butter on 1 slice of low-carb flax bread

410 cal
    22 g protein

good amount of fat, although i forget exactly how much

you can always reduce the amount of peanut butter to 1 serving and take a scoop of casein in water or skim milk instead.

oogie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pb&j and some cookies

Great call!...You should have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and have your mom cut the crust off the bread - have a capri sun with some chips ahoy cookies and then grab your blankie because it's nap time Johnny! Jesus man...you should start a thread on what diaper you wear, what kind of matchbox cars you play with and your longest home run in kickball.

Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geoff2010 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: pb&j and some cookies

Originally posted by oogie
    Great call!...You should have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and have your mom cut the crust off the bread - have a capri sun with some chips ahoy cookies and then grab your blankie because it's nap time Johnny! Jesus man...you should start a thread on what diaper you wear, what kind of matchbox cars you play with and your longest home run in kickball.
    Are you part retard? As stated in this thread... using the correct ingredients to make a PB&J, they can be a very healthy food, especially if you are really active during the day IE: hiking, skiing, b-ball, etc..

You should use and I quote myself from earlier:
    100% Whole Wheat Bread
    100% Natural PB
    Sugar Free Jelly

Now if you have some actual facts behind your ripping PB&J apart, I would love to see them... otherwise, shut your mouth.

rmatic1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya, fats/carbs, best to avoid mixing these together. Jelly really has no positives to it. Its just simple carbs, best to just eat penutbutter on the wholeweat bread , If u must eat bread.

Just becuase you eat something everyday... dosent make it healthy, so stop being so defensive and try to admit that theres way better nutritional options out there.
    Last edited by rmatic1; 03-04-2004 at 10:48 AM.

did you not happen to notice the SUGAR FREE JELLY? That would be 5 cals per tablespoon... hardly something to get your panties all bunched up over.

So yes.. in theory it is simply a peanut butter on whole wheat sandwhich. Fat + Carbs are very good if you are going to be active for long periods of time. That is the best combination for sustained energy over a duration of active time. I am not referring to a one hour stint at the gym, but a day of skiing or hiking, a few hours on the court etc.

If you can provide some sort of proof to me that this is a poor option, i would love to hear it.

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Geoff2010
    did you not happen to notice the SUGAR FREE JELLY? That would be 5 cals per tablespoon... hardly something to get your panties all bunched up over.

So yes.. in theory it is simply a peanut butter on whole wheat sandwhich. Fat + Carbs are very good if you are going to be active for long periods of time. That is the best combination for sustained energy over a duration of active time. I am not referring to a one hour stint at the gym, but a day of skiing or hiking, a few hours on the court etc.

If you can provide some sort of proof to me that this is a poor option, i would love to hear it.

Just because something is sugar free does not mean it is good for you. They probally added something else that is probally worse for you. While yes it may be great for hiking or skiing, this is a bodybuilding forum; and this kind of food is not the best choice for a bodybuilder or anyone who is serious about weightlifting.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Josh37
    Just because something is sugar free does not mean it is good for you. They probally added something else that is probally worse for you. While yes it may be great for hiking or skiing, this is a bodybuilding forum; and this kind of food is not the best choice for a bodybuilder or anyone who is serious about weightlifting.
    The sugar free jellies are sweetened with aspartame, which is fine. In moderation, natural PB, sugar free jelly, wheat bread, is okay now and then.

sugar free jelly, you've got to be kidding me. more like fake jelly and other highly processed foods, like the bread. the peanut butter is the best ingredient out of the whole bunch, and that doesn't even mean it's good, just means the best out of all the other crap.
    i don't want a sig

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by simplecanibus
    sugar free jelly, you've got to be kidding me. more like fake jelly and other highly processed foods, like the bread. the peanut butter is the best ingredient out of the whole bunch, and that doesn't even mean it's good, just means the best out of all the other crap.
    With all due respect, I think you're missing the point. I'm not selling sugar free jelly and I don't give a rat's ass who eats what. But if you're dying for a PB&J and it's your cheat food, then you should have it.

And if you can make it a little bit better by going with the sugar free stuff, then you should. Ditto on using the natural PB. Besides, I don't think the Smuckers suar free stuff is that bad. Not as good as the real thing, obviously, but it's okay.

Personally, I wouldn't have one unless I'm in need of something very portable while I do very intense physical activity, so it'll be burned off more quickly.

Guy asked if he could have a PB&J - of course he can, if he gets the pros and cons to it for his personal goals.

aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aztecwolf161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    make it toasted bread with peanut butter and some slices of bananas on it.

Originally posted by aztecwolf161
    make it toasted bread with peanut butter and some slices of bananas on it.
    Yes, if you must have bread and you must have PB, that's a nice one, too.

Whatever works.

cosmicpimp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use wheat bread that has 0 trans fats, natural penut butter, and sugar free jelly. I eat them for calories and energy before and after workouts. They taste good and are easy to make so i use them for extra calories. The rest of my diet is Lean Meat, Complex Carbs, Fruits and Veggies.

thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i don't see why half the people in here are so narrow-minded

think about it for a second... whole wheat bread and peanutbutter are two perfectly good staples for any type of diet... low gi carbs and healthy fats... what is wrong with it at all?

adding 5 calories from sugar free jelly is absolutely nothing... anybody who says it's bad is retarded... it may have chemicals, but eating 1,2 even like 4 tbsp a day (20 cal) would not have any negative affects on you...

half of you automatically bash something just because it's not like the 100% strict body building diet... this is actually perfectly fine for you... it doesnt need to be a cheat food... its ****in whole wheat bread and pb for christs sake

Originally posted by thejumpoff
    think about it for a second... whole wheat bread and peanutbutter are two perfectly good staples for any type of diet... low gi carbs and healthy fats... what is wrong with it at all?

adding 5 calories from sugar free jelly is absolutely nothing... anybody who says it's bad is retarded... it may have chemicals, but eating 1,2 even like 4 tbsp a day (20 cal) would not have any negative affects on you...

half of you automatically bash something just because it's not like the 100% strict body building diet... this is actually perfectly fine for you... it doesnt need to be a cheat food... its ****in whole wheat bread and pb for christs sake
    That's exactly my point. Not everything you eat must be a whey shake approved and blended by a Mr. O contestant.

Today for my mid-afternoon snack, I had a tub of fat-free cottage cheese with a couple spoons of sugar free jelly mixed in for flavor. I hope I don't die.

stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stormchaser807 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    DANG IT! Eat the damn PB&J!!!!!! No one ever died from eat a damn PB&J!! If you are building mass **** the fat and sugar eat it now cut it later!
    just my 2cents
    Get great prices shoppping directly from China!
    check out the prices!!

http://www.geocities.com/cellcity2/Cellcity2.html

Location: "What's my name, fool? What's my name?" What Ali kept yelling while winning a 1967 decision against Ernie Terrell, who had insisted on calling him Cassius Clay.
    Sher 2.DIE.4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BullGod
    just be sure and wash em down with a juicy box and a fruit roll up.....
    lol
    "Float like a butterfly.
    Sting like a bee.
    Your hands can't hit
    what your eyes can't see."
    Muhammad Ali

"What's down in the darkness, will come to light".- Tupac Amaru Shakur

Evolution of Gun Control: Legislation. Registration. Confiscation. Extermination.

Originally posted by stormchaser807
    DANG IT! Eat the damn PB&J!!!!!! No one ever died from eat a damn PB&J!! If you are building mass **** the fat and sugar eat it now cut it later!
    just my 2cents
    Except for a few sugar nazis, we all agree - eat the damn sandwich.