Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Girlfriend needs help!

My girlfriend has now decided to want to lose weight for the summer, currently she eats garbage and doesnt workout at all. She has very little drive to workout, but now shes determined to lose weight and get the "perfect body".

She will be joining me in the gym, im going to help her with her workout routine so i dont need help with that.

Currently 18 y/o 5'4 130, like i said she eats junk, so can you give me a few pointers as to how many cals she should consume in a day along with some good eating habits such as food and how many meals in a day.

We just went to our local nutrition direct and picked her up Element Nutrition's Velocity which is a "cutter". The guy said this will help with motivation and also drop some of her cravings for food.

Anything else that i havent listed here that you all think is important please feel free to add anything i missed, would be appreciated

Thanks

Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mcnasty1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bump!

Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mcnasty1 View Post
    My girlfriend has now decided to want to lose weight for the summer, currently she eats garbage and doesnt workout at all. She has very little drive to workout, but now shes determined to lose weight and get the "perfect body".

She will be joining me in the gym, im going to help her with her workout routine so i dont need help with that.

Currently 18 y/o 5'4 130, like i said she eats junk, so can you give me a few pointers as to how many cals she should consume in a day along with some good eating habits such as food and how many meals in a day.

We just went to our local nutrition direct and picked her up Element Nutrition's Velocity which is a "cutter". The guy said this will help with motivation and also drop some of her cravings for food.

Anything else that i havent listed here that you all think is important please feel free to add anything i missed, would be appreciated

Thanks
    Tell her to talk to a professional -- no offense OP, but you aren't the kinda help she needs. And tell her to read these boards and get advice for herself.

She needs to eat healthy, workout regularly, and do regular cardio. All of those have different definitions to each individual, so she needs to consult with someone who is qualified to help her decide those guidelines for her on an individual basis. I'd also suggest she doesn't cheat with any fat burners or supps that promise to make great things happen without her putting in the extra effort along with it.

At her height and weight, she could need as little as 1200 cals or as many as 2000, depending on her metabolic status (RMR, BMR, etc). She has little drive to workout but wants a "perfect body" ... good luck with that, that's definitely not a winning combo.
    "If you don't focus on your ass, no one else will."
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Summerstar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mcnasty1 View Post

Thanks
    Hey,
    I think you should start with emptying her cupboards/drawers, ridding her of the junk food. You should inform her about clean eating.
    I'm also thinking around 1500 cals, but it all depends on her body.
    I'm not a big fan of those diet/weight loss supplements, a lot of it is just marketing scams... if she really wants this for herself then she needs to stay motivated and positive, and just learn to control her cravings herself.
    Cardio 4x a week, weight lifting on consecutive days.

Hmm and you say she doesn't really have a drive to work out yet wants a perfect body ... so ... good luck!

Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oliviakb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First thing is to clean up her diet, get her eating healthy. There are a lot of premade workouts on here but if she's got limited equipment access then compound moves are a good place to start with cardio 3 x a week. Get her to sign up here and read some stickys, might be motivational for her as well.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tina7578 View Post
    Tell her to talk to a professional -- no offense OP, but you aren't the kinda help she needs. And tell her to read these boards and get advice for herself.

She needs to eat healthy, workout regularly, and do regular cardio.
    I agree that she should seek independent advice or at the very least read the stickies in the nutrition section and the training section on the women's forum (not all personal trainers are created equal, plus, if she isn't getting her 'perfect body' I'm sure you don't want the blame coming back to you for giving her a 'bad routine'). They will help figure out her macros, bust some workout myths, and there are also routine suggestions (lift heavy!).

However, the bit about regular cardio: not necessarily. Again, the stickies do some great cardio myth busting.

Also, you could just buy her New Rules of Lifting for Women (the one for men is also awesome, that's the one I use, but she might relate better to the for women)
    Last edited by nicolemc; 06-19-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: missing info