TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fat burners safe for an 18 year old female?

My g/f wants to lose weight shes 18 5'11 about 145 she wants to tone down and I really dont want to suggest anything yet until i talked to you guys cause you know what your talkin about. What could she take????

Twyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, you could tell her that 145 lbs. at 5'11" is NOT fat. Then you could take her to the gym and show her how to train each muscle group for firmness and make sure she's eating clean. Fat burners are worthless if the diet isn't in order. If she can't get in shape at 18 without using pills, she'll be dependent upon them for the rest of her life.

But since I know this advice will be ignored, have her doctor check her out and then go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Xetalean. Start out at 1/3 the recommended dosage once a day to assess tolerance (i.e, jitters) and increase gradually. Make her NOT take them at least 2 days a week, and to take at least two weeks off after every 6-8 weeks of use. Also make sure she eats about 30 minutes after taking the pills. As with any substance, if you abuse it, you'll end up face down in the parking lot. I very highly recommend evaluating her diet and exercise programs before even considering supplements of this nature. Don't become dependent on pills.

TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TPX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off Thank you for your response. I tell her shes not fat but she wants to tone down more for the summer. Shes got a 34 C cup and thinks it would help make her boobs look even bigger. She really cares about her looks. She drinks ALOT of milk and I know thats fattening and she said she CANT give it up. She plays baskeball for the school but thats over now and she quit softball because of personall reasons, so without that practices and that exercise she thinks shes gettin fat. Shes going to start jogging and doing resitance trainging with me. Would that be enough to help tone her down without supplements??

Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sweetness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Supplements are to "supplement". As long as she eats the appropritae amounts of protien, fat and carbs in the day she should be okay. WARNING: FAT LOSS MEANS SMALLER BREASTS! Although it may not be a dramatic difference, if she is in tune with her body SHE will notice, just encourage her. My understanding is that milk is mostly good fats, someone please correct me if Im wrong but I think it is very good for you. Make sure she drinks 2 liters of water a day. Its important, when she starts working out alot I think its hard not to really.

Originally posted by TPX
    She drinks ALOT of milk and I know thats fattening and she said she CANT give it up
    I agree with her on the milk. In my opinion, it's the perfect food if you can tolerate lactose. See if she'll switch to a lower fat variety. I gradually reduced myself to drinking skim milk, now full fat milk makes me ill it's so thick.

I think resistance training and aerobics will be enough to keep her in shape. I recommend a circuit training routine lasting 35-50 minutes 3 days a week if her main concern is tone, and 20-25 minutes of high intensity interval aerobic exercise on 3 non-weight days. I find cross-training makes aerobics less boring. For example, 15 minutes on the treadmill followed immediately by 10 minutes on the stair stepper. Take one day off a week for recovery. Drink lots of water, eat whole foods, and avoid soda like the plague. My theory is that America's obesity epidemic has a lot to do with mass marketing Coke and Pepsi.

Thanx again! And ive been keeping her off soda. Neither of us drink it now. About the milk............ she LOVES chocolate milk! Will that slow down the tone'ing down process or is it not a big deal?

If she mixes it herself using a low fat/low sugar chocolate syrup, it's not going to be that big of a deal if it's drank in moderation. If she is in the habit of picking up a carton of pre-made chocolate milk from the Qwickie-Mart, you have to realize you're probably getting as much sugar as you would from a soda. The only time simple carbs like sugar are preferred is immediately after a workout.

SixStraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At such a young age everything she wants will be achieved with proper nutrition, and cardio and resistance training. Be careful with supplements...Let me know and I will give you a couple of good supplements without going to the doctor first.

K (same) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by TPX
    Thanx again! And ive been keeping her off soda. Neither of us drink it now. About the milk............ she LOVES chocolate milk! Will that slow down the tone'ing down process or is it not a big deal?
    LMAO. at first I thought I read you said " I've been keeping her off SOFA" - as in "move your fat ass off the sofa and go work out!" LOL

Gwave65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never seen your girlfriend but i do know that all people are different. Some girls at 18 may not be able to slim down simply by eating right. My girlfriend sounds similar to yours, (145 lbs, 20 years old). I have been on ephedirine since i was 16, now 21. When April wanted to lose a few pounds, I coached her through it. Xenadrine seems to work best to me. It does make you feel weird at first but most people adjust to it. I cant even feel it anymore. Its most effective when taken on an empty stomach right before your workout (burning stored fat instead of recently consumed food). Just make sure she watches herself and uses good judgement. Proper nutrition is a given. Email me if you have any more questions - Chad

gwave65@charter.net

edreason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great diet and being commited to an exercise routine, thats all you really need.high protein /low carb and exercise with intensity!!!! eca stacks and diet pills come way after a sound routine is set!get ripped then you can save up for breast implants but dont go to ny, they are really expensive there!hahahaha
    THOSE BORN INTO THE STORM FIND THE CALM TO BE BORING.............

anaira has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

Originally Posted by SixStraw View Post
    At such a young age everything she wants will be achieved with proper nutrition, and cardio and resistance training. Be careful with supplements...Let me know and I will give you a couple of good supplements without going to the doctor first.

Im 18 going on 19. 5'4 and about 110 pounds. But i really wanna lose more weight and tone down. Get abs, that sort of thing. I dont eat a lot but I cheat my diet a lot. So i'll eat a piece of cake and eat less the next meal that sort of thing. so i dont go over my calories. I gym about 3 or 4 times a week. I really wanna try a fat burner. But im not sure if i should take cause of the side effects. What do you think? or should i just take green tea extract or a carb management supplement or thyroid support? I really wanna move down a cupsize too. since im about a D now. Ive never really taken any supplements before and now im only on multivitamins.

What should I take??

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by anaira View Post
    Im 18 going on 19. 5'4 and about 110 pounds. But i really wanna lose more weight and tone down. Get abs, that sort of thing. I dont eat a lot but I cheat my diet a lot. So i'll eat a piece of cake and eat less the next meal that sort of thing. so i dont go over my calories. I gym about 3 or 4 times a week. I really wanna try a fat burner. But im not sure if i should take cause of the side effects. What do you think? or should i just take green tea extract or a carb management supplement or thyroid support? I really wanna move down a cupsize too. since im about a D now. Ive never really taken any supplements before and now im only on multivitamins.

What should I take??
    Wow, you've really dredged up an old thread! You could just start your own ..

What is your diet like - how many calories are you eating? what are your macros? If you don't know the answer to those questions, you need to read the sticky on calculating calories and macros. In fact, even if you do know the answers, read the sticky and make sure it's on target.

What is your workout like? Do you lift heavy weights?

You don't need a supplement. You need to get your diet on point and you need to lift heavy things.