ransomed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Advice for skinny fat guys out there (need some tips)

Any advice for those of us out there that are a little chunky, but skinny too. Me, 155 lbs, 14 % bf. Is it better to shed the fat first, or bulk up and cut later?

nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) nitsux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on you, are you comfortable gaining a bit more fat in exchange for having more muscle when you cut down or are you already at a stage where you aren't happy with the amount of fat you have. IMHO at the beginner stage you can get away with eating at a maintenance level even slightly higher and you will still gain muscle and with some cardio lose fat.

ransomed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, i'm definitely not satisfied with the amount of muscle I have. I'm afraid i'll only hamper progress by cutting. Others i talk to say that i'm too skinny to cut, but i don't like carrying around extra bf. I guess i just need a little advice as to where to go, cause been maintaining for about 2 months now while rehabbing an injury. Will post some pics later in the week, and get some opinions then. Here's a link to my older pics, and am about the same size now:

http://photos.yahoo.com/pastor_justus

Check out the one's from November, titled new pics, or something like that.

BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BORG4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't cut. You'll lose some muscle that way, and seeing how your kind of small, by your stats, losing that muscle will make you look odd, kinda boney ( happen to a friend of mine ).

Just do a clean bulk, putting on almost all muscle, maybe bulk to 170, and then cut some fat, probably down to 160.
    ROFL SUP?

Impostor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

if you are at 14% body fat now, then just go ahead and bulk on up.
    my generic signature

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you're a 'little chunky', then you're not 14%
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Post a picture. Most of the time when people post BF% it has been measured by unreliable means and reality could be in a fairly wide range.

The advice is probably going to be to train hard, maintain or slightly increase your weight while eating ~4 x 30g+ protein doses per day at 4-5 hour intervals.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    INB4 people realize this thread is over a decade old.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823