Todd1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why do I get so tired after leg work?

Here is my problem. After squats or dead lifts I am completely exhausted.. I mean I can barely stand and I feel like I'm going to pass out.. This just about kills the rest of my work out. I work out early in the Morning about 5:15 and I try to eat as much as possible in the morning.. Normally atleast oatmeal and a MRP. I also take a centrum performance each day.

Part or all my problem is I am out of shape and just getting back after a few years off. What I am curious about is there something I can do to help with this? Would creatine help? I don't have alot of spare cash and I don't want to take anything sketchy..

Thanks for your help.

Todd

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i had the same problem, i use to work out in the morning.now on leg and back day i do them in the evening and just chill afterwards

Well we used to work out at night and I had the same problem.. I feel great now but while I am working out it just uses so much engergy. Maybe I just need to go heavier and do less reps..

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Todd1977
    Well we used to work out at night and I had the same problem.. I feel great now but while I am working out it just uses so much engergy. Maybe I just need to go heavier and do less reps..
    bump give that a go

just keeping trying different things out.

how many sets are you doing on legs day?

Well today we did back and bi's and I did deads today.. Figured if I dead and squat the same day I'll die. We did four sets I finished with 225 for 10 reps. On leg day we do four sets of squats and then go on to leg press and some other stuff.. About four or five lifts total. Inluding calves and stuff. But again after squats I feel like I can barely move.

Maybe this is normal? Would working on the treadmill to build up my endurance help?

Originally posted by Todd1977
    Well today we did back and bi's and I did deads today.. Figured if I dead and squat the same day I'll die. We did four sets I finished with 225 for 10 reps. On leg day we do four sets of squats and then go on to leg press and some other stuff.. About four or five lifts total. Inluding calves and stuff. But again after squats I feel like I can barely move.

Maybe this is normal? Would working on the treadmill to build up my endurance help?
    that all looks good to me todd. does'nt sound like your over doing it. its probalbly the fact that your just getting back into it. like i said before as well, i'm pretty exhausted after legs myself which is why i have to do them in the evening.

Thanks for the replies.. I'll just have to suck it up for a while I guess.. Only been back in the gym for about a month and each work out gets more intense.. It was a real joke at first..

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After squats or dead lifts I am completely exhausted..

You are supposed to be......
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bigpecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well doing legs is ver exhausting. Your going to feel very tired and depleted afterward. Just make sure you get in some carbs and protein after and rest.
    Top 10 reasons to date a wrestler
    10.Knows how to ride.
    9.Never stalls on bottom.
    8.Can score from any position.
    7. Knows how to work a 2 on 1.
    6.Knows how to use his hips.
    5.Goes hard from start to finish
    4.Endurance,Endurance,Endurance
    3.Knows when to push and pull
    2.Will eat anything.
    1.Always wears his head gear....

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    because leg day (if you're doing it properly w/ squats and dl's) is VERY taxing

I must be doing it right.. I bust my ass and it sure feel like it when I am done. Its cool though, I guess I'll just have to expect that and make sure I eat plenty of carbs for breakfast.

CoreNobody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Todd,I also train first thing in the morning.It's natural to be smoked after either of those you mentioned.Maybe try lowering the reps and upping the weight for a while til you get back into it.
    Prowling over the mountains,wielding a sharpened screwdriver,cometh CoreNobody!And he giveth a mighty bellow"I'm going to smack you until you're a parapalegic!!!"

Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rush has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is only supposed to be one thing left after leg day is over, the feeling like you are going to die. Last leg day for me involved lying down in the squat rack for about 10 minutes before hitting the shower, feeling absolutely dead afterwards is normal dude, it means your doing it right.
    "I went Hard, I went Heavy and I didn't stop" - Ronnie Coleman on how he gained 40 lbs lbm in one year.

Mortality is the greatest gift that god gave to man

Bodybuilding is consistency, that and balls of rock!
    Peace
    _Rush_

Yeah I kinda figured. Wanting to puke while and after doing my first lift just sucks for the rest of the work out.. My work out partner doesn't get that way.. I guess he is just not pushing hard enough.. It makes me feel better (I think) to know I am not the only one this way.

Heck my other buddy in there can actually RUN on the treadmill after doing legs.. and he is 275lbs.. I'm glad if I can drive to work!!!