lostagain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it ok to NOT eat after a workout?

-I eat breakfeast at 8am.
    -Go to work.
    -Come home for lunch at 11:30 and lift.
    - I then have a protein shake w/ water. (nothing but protein, 0 carbs 1gr of fat).

I dont eat lunch til an hour or two later. Is this ok? I'm not really hungry after lifting.
    Thanks
    Last edited by lostagain; 03-01-2004 at 09:42 AM.

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bad idea, very bad, you need carbs after your workout.....if you have to, force yourself.....and have a meal an hour after your workout that includes a good amount of complex carbs and a good protein source

HOWEVER, if you want to waste all your hard earned muscle, then by all means don't eat...

cambam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when you don't don't eat after lifting or even go more than a 3-4 hours, it can force your body into catabolic state causing your body to use up it's own muscle for energy. You always want to make sure that you have enough carbohydrates in you to keep your body satisfied. If you don't eat after you workout then your gaining the maximum potential from your lifts.

Check this out guys. I finished lifting at 12:15. Had a shake at 12:20. It's now 1:15 and I'm eating groundbeef and rice w/ water.

Is this better? Prior to this I had breakfeast at 8oclock
    Last edited by lostagain; 03-01-2004 at 10:25 AM.

bump?

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should have a preworkout meal, somewhere at 10:30 or so....like half a cup of oatmeal (dry) and a scoop of whey, or a can of tuna on whole wheat..