Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    drags has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Incline Dumbbell flyes

When i'm doing these my forearms get tired first and i have to stop but the muscles that are sposed to get worked when doing this (chest, shoulders, triceps) can still do more. Could it be my technique isn't good enough or is it just a bad exercise to do.

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do these as part of my workout, people seem to slam all flyes for some reason,

Q. How big is the incline your using?
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

its not a big incline only a slight one i think 2 notches.
    A incline bench press would be far superior to a dumbbell fly wouln't it???

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by drags
    its not a big incline only a slight one i think 2 notches.
    I use the slighest incline possible on the bench, 1 notch

Superior? yes I think so, that is for building upper chest mass,
    But my upper chest dosen't lag (I don't have the droopy titty look )

Thing is I will always do flat BB press, and weighted dips so that only leaves me space for one more exercise (so as not to do too much) so I normally make it incline flyes. Its something different you know.
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yes

i wouldn't even bother with flyes; stick w/ flat/incline bb/db pressing and leaning-forward dips and yo'ull be golden

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    yesi wouldn't even bother with flyes
    BUMP!!!!!!!!

kxtreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    am i wrong but i always thought you needed to do flies in order to build up your inner chest?

incline flies are more for the upper chest......and no one has answered my question.. why do my forearms feel strained when i do incline flies when aren't they supposed to work the chest, shoulders, and triceps?????????????????????????

cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by kxtreme
    am i wrong but i always thought you needed to do flies in order to build up your inner chest?

to be blunt, yes, you are wrong. the chest will grow as one muscle, forget all the inner/outer, the fibers run horizontally. incline/flat, BB/DB, dips will hit all areas of the chest.

to answer drags Q, ur either 1) using too much weight 2) pre-exausting your forearms 3) your just weird
    It doesnt matter how big, how cut, or how much you can lift, because there will always be someone bigger, more cut, or stronger than you. You should train to be the best you genetically can be. This is what should motivate you everyday.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs down

Incline db flyes SUCK ASS
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

kxtreme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by cwsocr
    to be blunt, yes, you are wrong. the chest will grow as one muscle, forget all the inner/outer, the fibers run horizontally. incline/flat, BB/DB, dips will hit all areas of the chest.

to answer drags Q, ur either 1) using too much weight 2) pre-exausting your forearms 3) your just weird
    oh ok i was just wondering, but ive been workin out for a while and whenever i flex my chest, all the mass is on the outer chest, is this normal?

cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cwsocr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea, perfectly normal, to an extent, it shouldnt look like a mountain peak on the outside, but gradually increase from in to out
    It doesnt matter how big, how cut, or how much you can lift, because there will always be someone bigger, more cut, or stronger than you. You should train to be the best you genetically can be. This is what should motivate you everyday.

Originally posted by kxtreme
    yes u are

TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TangleEye has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i don't understand why all of you ppl always knock flys.

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    incline flies are more for the upper chest......and no one has answered my question.. why do my forearms feel strained when i do incline flies when aren't they supposed to work the chest, shoulders, and triceps?????????????????????????
    You use more than just your chest for this movement, your arms have to support the weight. You feel it in the forearms as it is the furthest muscle away from the torso with the least number of "heads" and attachment points.

You will notice the strain more on the down movement.

Originally posted by TangleEye
    i don't understand why all of you ppl always knock flys.
    some heavy pressing and l-f dips and you're good. why spend extra energy on basically stretching w/ weights. probably be better off doing loaded stretches

Mr. Widebody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Reply to TangleEye

Some of the people on this board are very, very close minded. Just experiment with diffrent exercises for the chest etc, and do what you feel best benefits you. If that includes flyes, pullovers, etc and you feel it benefits your chest in some way, then include it in your exercise routine. Don't let someone else tell you what will work and not work for your body.

lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fact is, there is no inner chest, so drop the flys, and stick with the presses.
    6'3'' 220lbs
    305 Bench Press
    225 Military Press
    400lb Dead Lift

Re: Reply to TangleEye

Originally posted by Mr. Widebody
    Some of the people on this board are very, very close minded. Just experiment with diffrent exercises for the chest etc, and do what you feel best benefits you. If that includes flyes, pullovers, etc and you feel it benefits your chest in some way, then include it in your exercise routine. Don't let someone else tell you what will work and not work for your body.
    <~ sits in box

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up Re: Re: Reply to TangleEye

Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    CHAINS
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Re: Re: Re: Reply to TangleEye

Originally posted by A-rod
    boo-ya

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by lgp9999
    there is no inner chest
    Correct, but flyes will target the "inside" edges of the muscles.
    Same as decline presses target the lower portion and incline presses target the upper portion.

Originally posted by whutevr
    Same as decline presses target the lower portion and incline presses target the upper portion.

SUICIDE `s The only whey
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

SUICIDE `s The only whey
    <~ does not get it

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here we go again...

AUTOMATED INNER CHEST MYTH RESPONSE: There is NO such thing as inner chest or outer chest! The fibers of the chest run horizontally somewhat like a fan shape (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa67abig.jpg). Therefore, you CANNOT target the inner portions more than the outer portions or vice versa because it's IMPOSSIBLE to work a portion of a fiber more than the other and the entire length of a fiber will ALWAYS work at the same degree of stress and that applies to ANY muscle. You can however emphasize the upper or lower portions. The supposed feeling you thought you had in your inner chest from certain exercises is just a cramping sensation you got in your tendons by the sternum. A lot of this "inner chest" stuff has to do with GENETICS meaning muscle insertion points and bone structure. Some people's pectorals originate farther from the sternum, which would result in that gap. And your pectorals will usually follow the shape of your ribcage. Your best bet is to get your chest as developed as possible and in time it'll fill out. Lowering your bodyfat will also help a great deal in revealing your inner chest.

Originally posted by whutevr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Read this again hyperextension
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

Mr. Widebody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

The close minded comment was not geared towards anyone in general, I know that most of you all know you're **** and have problably built quality physiques for yourselves, but as I have said before your way is not the only way. If someone wants to try alternative exercises let them try them quit trying to be the end all, be all judges of what exercises can work and don't work. For example, alot of people have said you can't really alter your serratus muscle doing heavy pullovers. People back in the eighties always told my uncle who's a bodybuilder that you can't alter the the basic stucure of your serratus just by doing heavy pullovers. It's not possible, it's just genetics.Well my uncle has been doing them for years and he has a truly awesome serratus jutting from under his chest. And no he did not have any kind of natural serratus development before he started doing pullovers. So you can always listen to what the scientist or so called "experts" have to say, or you can experiment and listen to what your own body has to tell you.
    Last edited by Mr. Widebody; 03-08-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unless your using the same amount of weight with dumbell flys and dumbell presses...you shouldnt be doing flys....

You can get just as good of a stretch with presses as flys...and use twice the weight...
    "Man up"

help me out, i STILL don't get it :/

i've been staring at his comments then your response for the last 3 minutes...me must be stoopid :/

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've read the whole thing nine times, and I don't get it either.

Whatever.