Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike tyson

Rackz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mike tyson

Who knows about how much tyson could throw up??
    Grand

Strength From Withen PainThriller's Avatar
    PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Mike tyson

Originally posted by Rackz
    Who knows about how much tyson could throw up??

I heard he used to rep 350 on the bench, but thats about it. Dont know anything about his squats and deads.
    Bench: 500 Paused Inzer Rage Single Ply (training @ 198 lbs) RAW Bench: 410 @ 195, 415 @ 202, Best RAW Bench Reps: 320 X 11, 340 X 6 (heavily fatigued to), 350 X 5, 375 X 3 Paused, 370 X 4, Best 230 for Reps Set: 30 Reps, Incline: 355
    Squat: 540 (belt/wraps well below paralell)
    Deadlift: 520 RAW just a belt.
    Total: 1510 @ 216 LBS and 20 years old

Best Competition Bench Press: 430 Lbs @ 216 Lbs (Dont worry, this WILL VASTLY IMPROVE!!!!!)

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard that when he was 14 he was able to bench 220 lbs. but thats about all.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I doubt he was able to squat/deadlift a lot cause they wouldn't be that important in boxing would they?

lift28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read somewhere that his trainer would have him practice upper cuts with 50lbs dumbells in his hands. He's just a tought a$$ dude anyway wether he can bench big or not!
    6' 5"
    270lbs
    bulking
    I know my limitations...I just don't know when to quit!

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by SteR-
    I doubt he was able to squat/deadlift a lot cause they wouldn't be that important in boxing would they?
    Common misunderstanding there mate, Boxing is not just about upper body strength/endurance. Your legs have to be able to support you for 12 3min rounds. The hips are involved in punching power and in movement as well (Dodging punches, dancing, whatever) The back has to stabilise the body for the duration of the fight as well. I'm guessing he can squat/deadlift around 400-500.

mtnbiker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think he could throw up an ear or two.

:-)
    Sorry couldnt resist.

Beefmaster99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Mad_Dog_Divine
    Common misunderstanding there mate, Boxing is not just about upper body strength/endurance. Your legs have to be able to support you for 12 3min rounds. The hips are involved in punching power and in movement as well (Dodging punches, dancing, whatever) The back has to stabilise the body for the duration of the fight as well. I'm guessing he can squat/deadlift around 400-500.
    I'd give him that at least. He's built like a tank, huge legs and back, and he is certainly very explosive.
    Powerlifting since August 2003

bench...285
    deadlift...395
    squat...300

Total...980

www.fortifiediron.net/invision/

ironhead31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Beefmaster99
    I'd give him that at least. He's built like a tank, huge legs and back, and he is certainly very explosive.
    He might be built like a tank but his jaw is a very THIN piece of glass.I agree he is explosive for sure but it usually only works against a fighter that only just lays on the ropes and lets him.He can not fight a lick,especially against someone who can really box and is not afraid of him.Really,everytime he has fought someome really good he always ends up flat on his back.I think if he were to have learned early on to take his time more instad of always going for a quick knockout he would have done a little bettter.

I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I DREAM OF # 1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down

dont diss on tyson he's the man

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

glass jaw?? the man charges ahead and gets beat on that giant coconut of a head over and over, and takes it

hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500) hhherc23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    All i know for sure is on beyond the glory he was squatting with 2 45s on each side of the barbell, that would be 225lbs. it was pretty easy for him, i dont know about reps or anything. It also showed him doing shoulder presses with 135 on the barbell. I dont think he lifts to heavy, maybe just higher reps. I also saw roy jones jr working out on a show preparing for his fight against john ruiz. he was benching with dumbells on one of those workout ball things. Jones didnt really push himself or anything, just did some reps and the guys picked the dumbells off him. But im sure 'Iron Mike' can bench alot and he's got some massive upper legs and all round muscle. Also I'm sure alot of you have heard of Tank Abbott from the UFC, he's not good anymore but he was the most powerful puncher ever in the UFC and he claimed to bench press 600lbs. As far as that one guy saying Tyson has a weak chin, he's never been dropped outta nowhere, like Lewis or the younger Klitschko brother. When Buster Douglas knocked him out it was after many many punches and was in the 8th round. Lewis knocked him out in the 6th and was also after many punches to the head. Anyone who says Tyson sucks now or back then is just ignorant. Tyson is still one of the best boxers in the world and he can still hit the hardest. He can still beat almost every guy out there, during his fight vs Lewis he was on that medication and before the fight he was calm and during the fight he through almost no punches, let alone combos. After that fight, he fought Clifford Ettiene who was an alright fighter, Tyson knocked him out in the 1st round. If Tyson was fiered up, energetic, and had thrown some punches during his fight against lewis, he could have won, I mean Tua knocked out Lewis, if Tyson woulda landed a hard one on the jaw of Lewis, lewis woulda dropped and been out cold. Tyson can definitely beat Chris Bird, a top 10 ranked fighter and belt holder, he could beat Ruiz, a man Jones beat easily, he could beat the younger Klitschko brother, and some others i think. But I dunno if he's going to fight or when or what? i dunno. hopefully he will fight and come fierce and energetic ready to tear bitches apart, like usual. Also Riddick Bowe is getting out of prison soon and sadi he's been training and is going to definitely fight again.

Strength From Withen PainThriller's Avatar
    PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PainThriller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by hhherc23
    All i know for sure is on beyond the glory he was squatting with 2 45s on each side of the barbell, that would be 225lbs. it was pretty easy for him, i dont know about reps or anything. It also showed him doing shoulder presses with 135 on the barbell. I dont think he lifts to heavy, maybe just higher reps. I also saw roy jones jr working out on a show preparing for his fight against john ruiz. he was benching with dumbells on one of those workout ball things. Jones didnt really push himself or anything, just did some reps and the guys picked the dumbells off him. But im sure 'Iron Mike' can bench alot and he's got some massive upper legs and all round muscle. Also I'm sure alot of you have heard of Tank Abbott from the UFC, he's not good anymore but he was the most powerful puncher ever in the UFC and he claimed to bench press 600lbs. As far as that one guy saying Tyson has a weak chin, he's never been dropped outta nowhere, like Lewis or the younger Klitschko brother. When Buster Douglas knocked him out it was after many many punches and was in the 8th round. Lewis knocked him out in the 6th and was also after many punches to the head. Anyone who says Tyson sucks now or back then is just ignorant. Tyson is still one of the best boxers in the world and he can still hit the hardest. He can still beat almost every guy out there, during his fight vs Lewis he was on that medication and before the fight he was calm and during the fight he through almost no punches, let alone combos. After that fight, he fought Clifford Ettiene who was an alright fighter, Tyson knocked him out in the 1st round. If Tyson was fiered up, energetic, and had thrown some punches during his fight against lewis, he could have won, I mean Tua knocked out Lewis, if Tyson woulda landed a hard one on the jaw of Lewis, lewis woulda dropped and been out cold. Tyson can definitely beat Chris Bird, a top 10 ranked fighter and belt holder, he could beat Ruiz, a man Jones beat easily, he could beat the younger Klitschko brother, and some others i think. But I dunno if he's going to fight or when or what? i dunno. hopefully he will fight and come fierce and energetic ready to tear bitches apart, like usual. Also Riddick Bowe is getting out of prison soon and sadi he's been training and is going to definitely fight again.

Tank Abbot does bench 600 lbs, but it was bounced. Still impressive though, here is the video.

http://69.56.243.110/~igame/videos/T...t600BP-RAW.wmv

Tank was a very good pit fighter, but he wasn't a good ultimate fighter. He is one tough son of a bitch though, he gets his training by going to heavy metal concerts and just beating the **** out of everyone in the pit. If i say that dude heading my way id be out of there within the blink of an eye .
    Bench: 500 Paused Inzer Rage Single Ply (training @ 198 lbs) RAW Bench: 410 @ 195, 415 @ 202, Best RAW Bench Reps: 320 X 11, 340 X 6 (heavily fatigued to), 350 X 5, 375 X 3 Paused, 370 X 4, Best 230 for Reps Set: 30 Reps, Incline: 355
    Squat: 540 (belt/wraps well below paralell)
    Deadlift: 520 RAW just a belt.
    Total: 1510 @ 216 LBS and 20 years old

Best Competition Bench Press: 430 Lbs @ 216 Lbs (Dont worry, this WILL VASTLY IMPROVE!!!!!)

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not much, being strong can seriously impede your boxing ability! I trained with an amateur club, and the focus is more on power (hitting power) so you don't want to lose any flexibility, particuarly in the joints (the main fault with weight-lifters in any fight, by the way. If you are a power-lifter and get into a fight, avoid getting any pressure on joints, like armlocks. They will break, and you will cry.)

I heard that Rocky Marciano jogged 9 miles a day, which was one of the main causes of his back problems in later life, due to all that shock on concrete. But as I said, in boxing it's speed, power and endurance that counts, not strength.

Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by The Kurgan
    being strong can seriously impede your boxing ability!
    LOL One of the best ever posts. Oh no you may knock someone out with all this strength

The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL One of the best ever posts. Oh no you may knock someone out with all this strength
    Or you may run round the ring for 10 minutes and blow a lung...

Or you may run round the ring for 10 minutes and blow a lung...
    ...No I thought I had it there but...

Dude, seriously, what are you trying to say ? That it is better to be less strong in a boxing match where you try to hit the other person as hard as you can?!

...No I thought I had it there but...

Dude, seriously, what are you trying to say ? That it is better to be less strong in a boxing match where you try to hit the other person as hard as you can?!
    Hitting someone hard doesn't depend as much on strength as you may thing. Punching power depends on two things- the impetus behind the blow and (b) the speed of the blow. Now, strength is useful up to a certain point in punching power, but so is flexibility to get your hips and legs behind the blow, and to use your bodyweight. In addition, if you're training purely muscle mass and not doing any speed training, then your going to be sluggish in your movements. It's bizarre, but true. How else could Mike Tyson hit harder than bigger, stronger men like Trevor Berbick?

PS limb length matters too- more power is to be found in short limbs, I'm not too sure why. One of Mike Tyson's natural gifts was short arms. This is also useful for infighting in boxing, because longer arms get tangled up, while arms like Mike's could be used for uppercuts in close.

Smile

Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    glass jaw?? the man charges ahead and gets beat on that giant coconut of a head over and over, and takes it
    Well I'm not denying that he is tough but think obout it,every big name fighter that he has fought has laid him on his back correct?Out cold.Even Buster took him out.He hits hard probably harder than anyone though I agree.He looks great and devastating against lesser known fighters but he just can't handle the bigger fellows.Now flame me cause I know it's coming! Just be gentle about it!!!

S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

maybe lately, tyson was unstoppable when he actually trained and didnt act like a fool, now he just ****s "japanese bitches" and doesnt train, he used to smash people in fights....then he went crazy like michael jackson......
    "No kind of sensation is keener and more active than that of pain; its impressions are unmistakable."

" I don't want to see people respecting me, I want them to hate and fear me."

"I can come out smelling like booze and dirty strippers, and still put the STAMP on kids."

Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000) Marciano is just really nice. (+1000)
    i can't remember everything i read that was incorrect in this thread, so i'll correct as much as i can.

- tua never knocked out lewis, he lost a 12 round decision. mccall and rahman knocked out lewis

- tyson beat big name fighters holmes, berbeck, briggs, and so on and so forth, i'm not going to waste time trying to convince somone who knows nothing about boxing that tyson is a great figher. he was knocked out by a 260 pound buster douglas in a 5 punch combination, when he was very distracted. it took lewis - probably the hardest puncher in the division - 6 rounds to k.o. him.

- at 14 tyson could bench 250 10 times according to a trainer - who knows how strict those reps were.

- Rocky Marciano ran 5 miles every day.

- strength is important to fighters. it's not all punching in the ring, you also have to push your opponents or turn them. also strength does have to do with punching power. though technique and natural ability are more important.
    I'm like a ghost with a hammer in my hands.

Faster and Stronger. **** Bigger.

The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical activity.

Originally posted by Marciano
    i can't remember everything i read that was incorrect in this thread, so i'll correct as much as i can.

- tua never knocked out lewis, he lost a 12 round decision. mccall and rahman knocked out lewis

- tyson beat big name fighters holmes, berbeck, briggs, and so on and so forth, i'm not going to waste time trying to convince somone who knows nothing about boxing that tyson is a great figher. he was knocked out by a 260 pound buster douglas in a 5 punch combination, when he was very distracted. it took lewis - probably the hardest puncher in the division - 6 rounds to k.o. him.

- at 14 tyson could bench 250 10 times according to a trainer - who knows how strict those reps were.

- Rocky Marciano ran 5 miles every day.

- strength is important to fighters. it's not all punching in the ring, you also have to push your opponents or turn them. also strength does have to do with punching power. though technique and natural ability are more important.
    I know enough about it to know that he got his ass knocked out way more than one time I can tell you that.Plus Berbick and Holmes where both about 70 years old a piece I think.Even Holmes in his prime would have boxed a circle around tyson.Briggs,now that was a bigtime fighter eh?Face it,if a fighter could box at all they would go right threw tyson.Thats just my opinion on it though I don't claim to be a genius,I just know what I have saw .Its funny he most have always been distracted everytime he fought someone that was worth a **** at all.

Originally posted by ironhead31
    I know enough about it to know that he got his ass knocked out way more than one time I can tell you that.Plus Berbick and Holmes where both about 70 years old a piece I think.Even Holmes in his prime would have boxed a circle around tyson.Briggs,now that was a bigtime fighter eh?Face it,if a fighter could box at all they would go right threw tyson.Thats just my opinion on it though I don't claim to be a genius,I just know what I have saw .Its funny he most have always been distracted everytime he fought someone that was worth a **** at all.
    I don't think you can disregard the ability of Mike Tyson. True, some of his fights were more than laughable, but I think every top-level fighter fights bums. Just look at The Greatest VS Brian London. I would say Chuck Wepner but....

Anyway, I've followed boxing for many many years, and I've rarely been as impressed with a fighter than I have been with Mike Tyson. A pity he didn't have what he had in the ring outside of it.

Cool

I don't think you can disregard the ability of Mike Tyson. True, some of his fights were more than laughable, but I think every top-level fighter fights bums. Just look at The Greatest VS Brian London. I would say Chuck Wepner but....

Anyway, I've followed boxing for many many years, and I've rarely been as impressed with a fighter than I have been with Mike Tyson. A pity he didn't have what he had in the ring outside of it.
    No doubt he always had the ability to get it done if he just would have been a little more focused at what he was doing,in and out of the ring.Strong,very strong,but just never could get anywhere with a fighter that could really box great.It always seemed if he could not knock them out right away then he really had no clue what to do from then on thru the fight.Maybe it was training who knows.He was big and tough and strong but sometimes that gets you nowhere in the ring especially against someone who is not afraid or has better total boxing skills period.Simply put,he could not handle fighters that where not afraid of him or simply just went out there and took it to him.Well,right or wrong nice debating with you. Peace

lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Punching power depends on two things- the impetus behind the blow and (b) the speed of the blow.
    I have seen many people who were fast, but they did not have much power at all. Hitting someone is about making contact, and going through. Someone could easily have the speed, but not the power to go through.

If speed is one of the things that makes a hard punch, could an olympic sprinter punch harder than an olympic shot putter?
    6'3'' 220lbs
    305 Bench Press
    225 Military Press
    400lb Dead Lift

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    what does PL'ing have to do with Mike.

will Mike ever fight again?
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steve has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    power=forceXvelocity, but thats no reason to purposely not get strong.

as for tyson - what ever happened to that tyson vs sapp thing?
    Last edited by Steve; 03-03-2004 at 04:46 PM.

Beefmaster99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no boxing expert, but I've done some boxing and know a thing or two about it.
    It seems to me that punching power is all about muscle coordination and explosive strength. The muscle coordination part refers to the ability to use your whole body when you throw a hard punch, coordinating each muscle to contract in the perfect timing to generate maximum force. The explosiveness comes from the speed that your muscles contract. A hard puncher needs fast forcefull contractions alot like an Olympic weightlifter snatching 500lbs.
    A good hard straight right starts with your legs, then a rotation of your hips and upper body followed by the extension of your arm.
    Powerlifting since August 2003

bench...285
    deadlift...395
    squat...300

Total...980

www.fortifiediron.net/invision/

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    many of experts have tried to define the essence of punching power.

but the physics of the two hardest hitting punchers in the history of Hevyweight boxing......

Big George Foreman
    Iron Mike Tyson

are at total oppsite ends of the spectrum. the best analogy i've heard is being hit by...

~Foreman is like a 18wheeler at 40mph

~Tyson is like a compact car at 100mph

E=MC2.. both will knock your head off.

edit: Tank had extremely fast hands(watch him shadow box) for a 275lb+ fighter, he got most of his power from speed like Tyson.
    Last edited by ROCK CRUSHER; 03-04-2004 at 10:42 AM.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

re:

How much you lift doesn't have anything to do with your hitting power. My trainer , who is a pro boxer with a record 20-1 and trains with the Miletech and his crew, told me that the rule in boxing is: "the bigger the ass the harder the punch" reason being is because your body is more anchored to the ground. The power is all from the hips with the right. The jab on the other hand is about getting your body weight behind it. If your flaring your elbow then your losing power because your body is not behind it. When you step in for the jab your foot should land at the same exact time as when you make contact with the guys chin or w.e. The right you do the same thing keep your body behind it and has more to do with the hips. THink of it this way: "How are you going to push a car? With your elbows out and pushin with your legs? Or with your elbows in tihgt and pushin wiht your legs?" everythign has to be tight. It all is in the hips. The uppercut same way. Its like a string attached to your elbow to your hip on the uppercut. Your arm should be tihgt to you while you shift your hips into the punch. Ask anybody who trains boxing, it all starts with the hips..some may say the legs but the truth of the matter its all in the hips/ass. Once you get your technique down and making sure your tihgt and have your bodyweight behind everything you'll be hitting harder.

As for Tank ... i hate him lol. Any guy who goes out and doens't get prepared for a fight and works his ass of like all the others (i.e. Quinton Jackson, Chuck, Jeremy Horn, TIm Sylvia) doesn't deserve to be in the ring and i hope they get their ass handed to them. THats why tank is getting old. He has no skill. It makes me sad to think that such a punk ass could ever make it into the UFC. hes jus bad for the sport. Sorry had to rant, I Just dont like Tank that much ...well his fighting style that is.