Thread: Paleo Diet?

ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Paleo Diet?

Anyone here using the Paleo Diet guidelines? I'm starting this week and just looking for advice and support.

Currently reading:
    -Paleo Diet For Athletes
    -The Zone
    There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?

mikeyc1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeyc1972 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isnt that the diet prescribed by crossfit athletes? I have heard of it but never really explored it..Those crossfit workouts are brutal though. Good Luck post pros/cons
    I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
    Philippians 4:13
    MikeyC

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    I described the diet I've been doing recently for my own experimentation on here, and someone said it was called the very same "paleo diet" that you're talking about. I've never read anything about it, but, yes, it's the single best diet I have ever found in terms of energy, muscle gain, fat loss, body recomp, etc. I freaking love it.

devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    do u plan on doing a high fat or moderate fat/ moderate carb version?

Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do the paleo diet and I swear by it. Best diet I've ever done. (though most of the time i do a keto version of it)
    The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on

sciamachy: fighting with a shadow or an imaginary enemy; a mock contest; an imaginary or futile combat.

devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500) devire1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Sciamach View Post
    I do the paleo diet and I swear by it. Best diet I've ever done. (though most of the time i do a keto version of it)
    its definitely the healthiest diet. i actually follow a raw paleo diet, with raw fruits, vegetables, red meat, egg yolks, and fish. poultry tastes kind nasty raw though...

brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds pretty sweet, only downside is parting with my oatmeal.... but then I could eat eggs for breakfast instead.

Those on the paleo diet, what kind of meats can you eat? Is it like Keto where you rely on more fat for energy, meaning you could eat bacon or something on it? It says pork is fine on the site.

And those on it, do you also avoid whey powder as well, or do you make exceptions?
    It's easier to get the single 10 at the bar, than one of the five 8s.

Healthy mind. Healthy body.

ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by devire1 View Post
    do u plan on doing a high fat or moderate fat/ moderate carb version?
    The one in the book I'm reading is actually fairly low in fat.
    There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?

brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brah_of_iron is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nevermind to my question, I read a few articles saying that bacon was alright every once in a while.
    it sounds very much like Keto actually.

http://www.nerdheaven.dk/~jevk/paleo_intro.php#what
    And according to that link, if you are tolerant to lactose, then dairy would be fine on this diet, given that SOME people have seemingly evolved and can now consume dairy without any negative effects.

So i think I'm going to try this diet completely 100%, except i would include cottage cheese, whey powder, and the occasional addition of butter and cheese.
    It's easier to get the single 10 at the bar, than one of the five 8s.

Healthy mind. Healthy body.