The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Finally achieved a 200 pound bench press

It has taken me about 3 months of consistant benching to go from a 160 max to now a 200 pound max. I believe I will hit 225-240 in the next 3 to 4 months.

I have been military pressing for almost a year and am most proud of that 1 rep max and believe with more months of consistent benching, I will be plenty proud of my bench numbers.

Wish me luck!
    height 5-6
    weight 160 pounds------Goal 170-180
    Both arms are now a little over 15 inches
    Max Pull Ups 13
    Max Chin Ups 13-----------------Goal 15

1 Rep Max
    Bench 210 (4/09/04)
    Military Press 150 (4/02/04)

noeyedea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    congrats!

Registered User Need 2Whey more's Avatar
    Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Need 2Whey more is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Great job man! I was on that quest not too far back myself. It feels amazing when you finally get to a goal you set out. I remember one of my goals was the 200lb bench press and 200lb squat. I maxed out at 205lb and I haven't focussed on bench press too much, I was starting to get shoulder problems so I didn't continue. I'm now focussing on reaching a 100lb DB press better for the shoulders, so I heard. I could now squat 265lb for 9 reps and my goal is 400lb, that's gonna take a while though...LOL. I also used the "Single one rep max" technique to reach my 200lb press. Good luck on your next goals...keep lifting!
    Jeremiah 29:13

Everyone has all the answer's, except when it comes to their own life!

The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Bicep Man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, and I hope you guys achieve your goals!

I use a weight that I can get 2 to 4 reps with and do as many sets as possible, which is usually 6 to 9 sets. I bench once or twice a week depending on how my muscles feel.
    height 5-6
    weight 160 pounds------Goal 170-180
    Both arms are now a little over 15 inches
    Max Pull Ups 13
    Max Chin Ups 13-----------------Goal 15

1 Rep Max
    Bench 210 (4/09/04)
    Military Press 150 (4/02/04)

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great job bro! I can't wait until I bench 200.

Registered User older-than-dirt's Avatar
    older-than-dirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) older-than-dirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good work. 250 is next bro.
    Tough times don't last......Tough people do.

100% politically incorrect.

Having an open mind causes your brains to fall out.

Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats man, I remember when I first hit 200 and then 205 about 2 weeks later I can't get it now though because I'm trying to cut up for the summer and lacrosse, I can only unrack and bench 185 on my own for one rep now

But once the end of summer creeps around, the quest for a 250+ bench is on :-D

BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, i remeber hitting 200lbs about a month ago. I was happy, really really happy. Now i wanna hit 250lbs sometime during the summer. And I read your sig hasaki, your deadlift max is probably like 320.

Centurion770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When i hit 200 it was the most rewarding accomplishment ever from lifting.

yeah, when you hit in the hundreds following your previous max, its very rewarding.

Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasaki will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by BillLogan
    yeah, i remeber hitting 200lbs about a month ago. I was happy, really really happy. Now i wanna hit 250lbs sometime during the summer. And I read your sig hasaki, your deadlift max is probably like 320.
    Your squat and dead own mine though You'll definately reach 250+ bench before the end of 2004, if not, then you'll end up with a higher bench.

ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very nice. And I'm giving you extra props for that military press. That's a weak spot for me, but I'm working on it.
    36 years old
    150 lbs
    7% bf

Originally posted by Hasaki
    Your squat and dead own mine though You'll definately reach 250+ bench before the end of 2004, if not, then you'll end up with a higher bench.
    Dont think i was putting you down or anything.

Location: ....................... C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN
    Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Connie Rolleman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Re: Finally achieved a 200 pound bench press

Originally posted by The Bicep Man

Wish me luck!
    I wish you luck.

Seriously, you can do it. Good job on your axhievement.
    *-.,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*
    Guy 1: All these fall colors remind me of back home.
    Guy 2: Yeah, orange like the ball at the Nick's game, red like mamma mia's pasta sauce....
    Guy 1: And brown, like the guys I don't pick up in my cab!
    *-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*-.,.-*

S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) S4V4G3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Heisman
    Great job bro! I can't wait until I bench 200.
    "No kind of sensation is keener and more active than that of pain; its impressions are unmistakable."

" I don't want to see people respecting me, I want them to hate and fear me."

"I can come out smelling like booze and dirty strippers, and still put the STAMP on kids."

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice work.

Originally posted by BillLogan
    Dont think i was putting you down or anything.
    I know you weren't, but they do own mine I was uneducated when I first started, only been doing heavy squats and deads for the past month and a half, so it's almost like a fresh start. I can't concentrate on power during this lacrosse season, so next winter it's on

But seriously, my main goal was to bench 200 lbs before I turned 16, which I did. I turned 16 yesterday and benched 205 a few weeks ago, so I was damn proud My next goals are going to be in order very soon, so as long as I can keep up and shatter the goals, I'll be proud of myself either way.

pjmcgrady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, good work!!! i didnt bench 200 till i was 18 (and i worked hard for way over 3 months, believe me, you gained quick). it's my worst lift of the "big 3" to this day.