Thread: Bb Vs. Db

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Bb Vs. Db

I know it's always good for variety to do both. I've been using only DB's for quite a while now, and have made good progress, but the gym I go to only goes up to 100# DB's, and I am doing those for bench press for 4 sets of 6, so just about ready to move up in weight and will need to hit the BB's. I work out early, so I don't have a partner or a spotter.

Is there a generally recognized conversion factor for DB's to BB's, as in you should be able to do (x) amount more on BB's than the equivalent DB's? I have a physical therapist here at work that says you can usually do about 20% more with a BB than you can with DB's. Is that accurate, or is she full of S***.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

I must be some sort of anomaly, then, because I consistently exceed barbell lifts with dumbbells, both for shoulder and chest. About 5-10% or so.

Might be because I almost always work out alone without a spotter, and use DBs much more often for chest work.

chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000) chrisbute is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This topic was discussed in a Muscle and Fitness from 2 months ago. They decided to test it to determine the percentage decrease going from BB to DB in Bench Pressing. I don't have the issue with me, but I think 20% decrease from BB to DB was a number in that issue. You are wanting the opposite info, but personally I feel a 20% increase is low (each person is different) since you already have the stabilizer muscles built.

For me - I alternate dumbells and barbells all the time. I can do 8 reps @75 lbs on the dumbell. The next workout when I use the barbell, I can do 8 reps @ 205 (35% increase)
    "Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss."

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was looking for...some real world experience. I know individuals vary, but this is an excellent starting point.