View Poll Results: When is your chest day?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

92 69.70%
  • Tuesday

23 17.42%
  • Wednesday

13 9.85%
  • Thursday

16 12.12%
  • Friday

11 8.33%
  • Saturday

4 3.03%
  • Sunday

12 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Monday = National Chest Day?

I went to the gym at 8 o clock and I had to wait 45 minutes just to get a benchpress bench, since benching is the first thing to do on my list. All I'm supposed to do is 3 sets of 10 and theres a load of people in Bally's.

80%-90% of all the chest/tricep excersize areas were occupied and I had to wait at least 10 minutes!!

I'm posting this poll to find out when YOU guys do your chest, SO when I do a new routine, I do a chest routine on a different day!!

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Selode5 View Post
    I'm posting this poll to find out when YOU guys do your chest, SO when I do a new routine, I do a chest routine on a different day!!
    every 4th day...
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Monday - heavy
    Thursday - light

Over the years, I've noticed a couple about the uneducated gym rat.

First, of course, is the guy who only does chest and biceps. He's likely to be on the bench every day.

Second, everyone trains their "most important" muscle on the first day of the week. Furthermore, it's the first thing they train when they get to the gym. Just in case something happens during the week to keep them out of the gym, they want to make sure that they get the important muscle trained. If something has to be skipped, it sure won't be this muscle. The chest, closely followed by the bicep, seems to be everyone's most important muscle.

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    everyone trains their "most important" muscle on the first day of the week.
    Next week I start with an off day... caoch potato muscles FTW!!!
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mattyoc3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tuesday and friday
    “Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Whenever my dog is sleeping i check to make sure he's still alive CREW

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea i go to ballys and it's always packed the equipment is to close to each other it sucks soon gona go to onother gym

Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Selode5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    yea i go to ballys and it's always packed the equipment is to close to each other it sucks soon gona go to onother gym
    yea i hate that its always packed. the only time i dont have to wait is usually on leg days.

i heard urban fitness, also on grand concourse, is only 100 dolars a year. i wonder if its packed tho

ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThatArmyKid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea i hate that its always packed. the only time i dont have to wait is usually on leg days.

i heard urban fitness, also on grand concourse, is only 100 dolars a year. i wonder if its packed tho
    yea that a little futher down grand concourse

theres a planet fitness opening on 225th and kingbridge you know the riverside plaza

o and a a nyc sports club opening in fordahm plaza
    Last edited by ThatArmyKid; 04-16-2007 at 08:35 PM.

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

100 dollars a year.. man oh man.. I wish I had a gym like that.. I pay 50 bucks a month at mine right now and it's a piece of crap. Our power rack is a rusted piece of junk. Thankfully since everyone there overpays, we're getting brand new weights everywhere and hopefully.. a new power rack. If not.. I'll be complaining.

As for chest, every day I go I always see people doing chest more then anything else. In commercialized gyms the most important muscles are abs, biceps, and chest. They're all tied. Also, when I see splits on here.. chest is always day one for some reason. Go figure.

weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000) weetbix is just really nice. (+1000)
    My gym is only really busy between 5.30-7.30pm, which is ok because if I go in after school then I am all done by 5.30 anyway. I work my chest on Mondays too though...

And yea, I pay $50 a month for my membership too, but that is in NZ dollars
    cheeky kunts
    1k+ (leave a link)

Originally Posted by ThatArmyKid View Post
    yea that a little futher down grand concourse

theres a planet fitness opening on 225th and kingbridge you know the riverside plaza

o and a a nyc sports club opening in fordahm plaza
    o wen is that NYC sports club openning? the planet fitness is kinda far. bally is way closer

Bump - I want a few more votes, although I can see that the majority does it on Mondays. I may consider doing mine on Sat/Sun now...

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Monday is the busiest night of the week for every gym in America. Friday is the best kept secret.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

Originally Posted by cowboyathlete View Post
    Monday is the busiest night of the week for every gym in America. Friday is the best kept secret.
    yea also today was pretty busy... i was waiting for the squat rack (only 2 in the whole gym) and i had waited nearly a whole hour doing nothing... i hate my gym kinda, they just keep letting people join, getting way too crowded

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fridays are usually slow........spread the word.....
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    o wen is that NYC sports club openning? the planet fitness is kinda far. bally is way closer
    the powerhouse on bronxdale or in yonkers is the best gym around

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Monday right now....but I think ill switch it to Tuesday

playing with a "bodypart split" right now

M-chest
    Tu-back
    Wed-legs (quads-am, hams afternoon)
    Thur-off
    Fri-delts
    Sat-arms

I am thinking of going to back on Monday to split the back and leg day farther apart
    "Humility comes before honor"

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    Monday right now....but I think ill switch it to Tuesday

playing with a "bodypart split" right now

M-chest
    Tu-back
    Wed-legs (quads-am, hams afternoon)
    Thur-off
    Fri-delts
    Sat-arms

I am thinking of going to back on Monday to split the back and leg day farther apart
    just curious. why the switch? ive been messing with 2x a week -more fullbody routine for the last year,, and i came into compatition 7 pounds lighter then last year.. im going back to my old split

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't think its national chest day but it seems whatever I have to do on monday is what everyone else needs to do. I usually set up my programs for a leg day to be on monday but low and behold thats the meso cyscle every other guy in the gym decides to try out squats for the first time.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bxbombers View Post
    just curious. why the switch? ive been messing with 2x a week -more fullbody routine for the last year,, and i came into compatition 7 pounds lighter then last year.. im going back to my old split
    why not, lol.

all I hear is how 'each bp once per week' should be the 11th commandment

so I thought id give it a try since I have bad mouthed it so much

of course I am cutting (trimming down anyway) so it probably doesnt matter what I do right now.....certainly no need for my double split 9 workouts per week thingy right now, hehe

IMo there is some ideal way to switch back and forth between various splits etc

for instance youd think going from a 1x after a while on a 2x would be good since youd have soem extra work capacity built

then again youd think going from 1x to 2x would be good for a temporary shock effect

so to me the answer lies in long term variations
    "Humility comes before honor"