Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

440 pounds.. 1500 calories ok?

I plan on eating a 40/40/20 diet with about 1500-1800 calories.

Thoughts?

thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    way too low

your metabolism will hate you if you eat that little cals, even if it is from good foods...

eat around 10x bw i'd say... and even that's on the low end for someone beginning a diet...

i understand you wanna get it off man, when i first started dieting i probably ate around 1000-1300 cals per day... i didnt even keep track of ratios... i weighed 212... so i mean for you to go that low is just insane... luckily because of my good genetics, i really didnt lose too much muscle mass... but that wouldnt be the case for most people... i've been eating more calories for the past couple months now and can you give you the advantages of this:
    first off, if you're overweight like i used to be you probably like to eat... hell, i love to eat... find foods you like and keep track of ur cals and you can actually eat more than you think... esp when it's coming from wholesome food... also, your metabolism speeds up when you eat more... also, if you're not starving urself, you're not likely to binge and go crazy... just keep it slow and steady... it works, trust me... just gotta have patience...

if you're just starting... cutting out all sweets, fried foods, soft drinks, etc you will lose a lot of weight just from that... when u first start dieting you always lose a lot of weight really quick...

anyways, hope this post helped... if you have anymore questions or whatever just PM me..

pz
    Last edited by thejumpoff; 02-25-2004 at 10:13 AM.

NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I disagree....4400 kcals is TOO MUCH for him...but, on the other hand, 1500 is way to low...

I would eat six meals per day, a 40/40/20 diet like you said is fine, at least 120 oz of water per day, and approximately 2500 kcals for the beginning....

do some form of cardio 5 times per week, 30-40 minutes per day, moderate intensity (since you are at the beginning.

Incorporate weight training as well, at first I would do it 3 times per week, at 40 minutes each session...

Most importantly, stick to it, the results will come and yo will be proud of what you have achieved...you have a long, tough road ahead of you, but it will be worth it...

Good luck to you, keep us posted! By the way, you should lose about 3-5 lbs per week and no more. That way, you should lose about 100 lbs in 6 months.

NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NAP_s_king has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you for quoting me JUMPOFF, but you haven't repliet to it...

thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NAP's_king
    I disagree....4400 kcals is TOO MUCH for him...but, on the other hand, 1500 is way to low...

I would eat six meals per day, a 40/40/20 diet like you said is fine, at least 120 oz of water per day, and approximately 2500 kcals for the beginning....

do some form of cardio 5 times per week, 30-40 minutes per day, moderate intensity (since you are at the beginning.

Incorporate weight training as well, at first I would do it 3 times per week, at 40 minutes each session...

Most importantly, stick to it, the results will come and yo will be proud of what you have achieved...you have a long, tough road ahead of you, but it will be worth it...

Good luck to you, keep us posted! By the way, you should lose about 3-5 lbs per week and no more. That way, you should lose about 100 lbs in 6 months.
    i dunno man, 2500 seems a bit low to me... im 176 lbs and eat 2500 to cut... i just up the cardio/weight training...

especially if he's just starting he should be eating a higher number and dropping it each week or whenever he stops seeing results... especially weighing 440 lbs, just cutting out all the junk will do wonders for him...

4000 calories a day w/ cardio and weight training and a clean diet will literally melt the lbs off of him in the beginning... i imagine weighing 440 lbs that ur diet was pretty bad... just making small changes do a lot when u first start... so my advice is 4000 cals, do it for a week and if you havent lost weight... drop it down 200 cals... keep doing this until you find a number where you lose weight consistantly... i would either drop it 500 cals every 2 weeks or 200 every week... no more since ur body needs to adapt to these changes...

goodluck mann

Thank you for quoting me JUMPOFF, but you haven't repliet to it...
    haha my badd.. i pressed enter to go to the next line, i guess it replied by accident...

ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would go get a bodyfat analysis to see what my lean body weight is, and then multiply that figure by about 12ish to get my daily calorie requirements. If you choose to get your doctor to do the bodyfat check for you, I'd reconfirm my calorie intake through him/her. You don't want to get too few calories, or too many either.
    Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place.

In principle, I agree...but you're cutting on that many cals because your LBM is pretty high...that way, a pro bber cuts on 4000kcals a day, because he's got 200lbs+ of muscle...

He's 440 lbs, but mostly fat...

Besides, he needs to do something a little drastic at first I believe, to get his confidence up as he sees initial results.

Keep in mind, he's got ALOT of weight to lose man, probably 220 lbs in order to be LEAN...I'm sure he wants to accomplish that is a reasonable amount of time, like 2 years at most, so 1 lbs per week fatt-loss just won't cut it...not at first anyways.

Peace

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
    I'd reconfirm my calorie intake through him/her. You don't want to get too few calories, or too many either.
    good advice...

ur doctor can definitely help you develop a good plan.

wookey - i think that even incorporating any type of cardio will be a big help too... if you post ur eating habits/exercise habits before you've decided to diet that would help us develop a better opinion on how to help you..

In principle, I agree...but you're cutting on that many cals because your LBM is pretty high...that way, a pro bber cuts on 4000kcals a day, because he's got 200lbs+ of muscle...

He's 440 lbs, but mostly fat...

Besides, he needs to do something a little drastic at first I believe, to get his confidence up as he sees initial results.

Keep in mind, he's got ALOT of weight to lose man, probably 220 lbs in order to be LEAN...I'm sure he wants to accomplish that is a reasonable amount of time, like 2 years at most, so 1 lbs per week fatt-loss just won't cut it...not at first anyways.

Peace
    yeah i agree... but just doing cardio and cutting out junk/sweets/etc and eating completely clean... he'll lose a ****load a week... i used to lose sooo much a week when i first started.. and i only weighed 212...

i would say wooky that you eat between 3500-4000 cals per day... as a starting point... eat all clean foods... 40/40/20... do cardio 3 times a week and lift 3 times a week... if you wanna see results faster do even more cardio... but im assuming that you havent been doin cardio much in the past and may not wanna jump into it... guaranteed that this plan will melt the weight off of you... if you're not losing weight then drop the cals a bit until you do...

but at the beginning, just a diet change will drastically change ur body... it did for me atleast... and my first diet wasnt even really clean, i just cut out fried foods/pop/etc...

ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ScrappyDew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another thing to note: At 440 lbs, I wouldn't go with any kind of high impact cardio (like running) Go with something easier on the knees and back. (at least until you've lost quite a bit of weight)Do you have access to an indoor pool?That would be a great place to get in that cardio. Good luck to you.

Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wookey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice

My eating habits are bad. Fast foods, buffets etc etc. I quit soda a few months ago though so no need to worry about that.

I've tried the fad diets etc. Atkins, Keto etc. Got kidney stones.

I am approved for Gastric Bypass surgery but would rather do this on my own. I know it's a mind over matter thing and I believe I can do it without going under the knife.

Anyways I lift weights on a regular basis. 4 say split with guys at work. But my diet is so poor it's not helping much but gaining strength.

I tried the treadmill today at speed 2.0 for 10 minutes. Wasn't winded but my lower back goes numb after about 5 minutes. Hopefully after 50-60 pounds that back numbness will go away.

I may try the bike or the eliptical and increase speed/time each week. I hope to get upto 30 minutes within 45-60 days.

So I think I will shoot for 2000+ calories. See how I feel and increase/decrease with time and see how my body feels.

ANy other advice would be great. Thanks for reading

Originally posted by ScrappyDew
    Another thing to note: At 440 lbs, I wouldn't go with any kind of high impact cardio (like running) Go with something easier on the knees and back. (at least until you've lost quite a bit of weight)Do you have access to an indoor pool?That would be a great place to get in that cardio. Good luck to you.
    yeah exactly.

i'd incorporate some walking or walking on an incline maybe (check w/ ur doctor)

i'd just ask ur doctor, he could help you a lot w/ all of this...

It may sound crazy, but I would be less concerned with increasing my speed as much as I would be increasing the time you perform cardio. The speed will come as the weight goes. If you try to go too fast while being heavy, you could injury yourself, and that would be a big set back in your efforts to achieve weightloss.

Originally posted by Wookey
    Thanks for the advice

My eating habits are bad. Fast foods, buffets etc etc. I quit soda a few months ago though so no need to worry about that.

I've tried the fad diets etc. Atkins, Keto etc. Got kidney stones.

I am approved for Gastric Bypass surgery but would rather do this on my own. I know it's a mind over matter thing and I believe I can do it without going under the knife.

Anyways I lift weights on a regular basis. 4 say split with guys at work. But my diet is so poor it's not helping much but gaining strength.

I tried the treadmill today at speed 2.0 for 10 minutes. Wasn't winded but my lower back goes numb after about 5 minutes. Hopefully after 50-60 pounds that back numbness will go away.

I may try the bike or the eliptical and increase speed/time each week. I hope to get upto 30 minutes within 45-60 days.

So I think I will shoot for 2000+ calories. See how I feel and increase/decrease with time and see how my body feels.

ANy other advice would be great. Thanks for reading
    i used to be the same way eating man.. this was daily for me:

breakfast: sausage, eggs, poptart(or toaster strudel/cereal)

snack: little box of goldfish

lunch: 4 chicken fingers (sometimes pizza instead), ranch dressing, fries, some type of candy, bottle of pop

snack: bunch of cheese-its or a big plate of nachos or a bowl of ice cream

dinner: something high in fat... sometimes fast food

dessert: biggg bowl of ice cream

i also drank one 32 oz slurpee nearly everyday w/o fail (500 cals of sugar) and had usually some more candy sometime that day...

the only way i maintained a minimal gut was because i was sooo active.. football and basketball almost everyday when your body can handle it, i reccomend doing lots of cardio and eating more.. i've found that it works more effectively and i enjoy it more.
    basketball or football practice/game

yeah the eliptical and bike are both good choices... really whatever cardio you will do consistantly and what you enjoy most is the best... 2000 cals is low IMO but do whatever you want-just listen to ur body like you said... itll tell ya if ur not eatin enough

good luck man

corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    please dont do the gastric bypass..you can loose the weight without it..it's all about dedication and from the looks of it, looks like your allready on your way to dropping the pounds.
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."

**KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE**
    06 R1 raven
    02 CBR1100xx
    02 DRZ 400s

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Take 10x your bodyweight and cut 500 calories from that number for your daily intake (-500 cal. x 7 days = -3500 calories = 1 pound).

As your weight drops, your calories will drop. It's going to take quite a while to lose the weight. Reducing by 1-2 pounds per week is a safe and easy rate for loss.

emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wookie.. you can do it, i was 420lb's mar2001, today im 200 .. thats without the fads diets.. gym+diet

jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000) jobber4eva is just really nice. (+1000)
    personally i feel you should lift however you lift, but to lose fat you should do aerobic work, like 45 mins-1 hour of riding the bike, or walking, or a combo if your back hurts at some point. the point is, keep your heart rate steady (i can't remember what it should be but go to the Doctor he'll guide you) and that is the best way to burn off fat. having a super clean diet and not messing around will also increase your results. make sure you don't starve yourself either as this will only make you gain more fat.