zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

chest exercises, please help?

Hey guys, I am a newbie here and i need some help. I am 6'4" and 255lbs. I have been working out for about 2 months. I have noticed in that short of time that my workouts are doing great really growing muscle everywhere except my chest (i am starting to notice some difference , but not like every other muscle) . I have gotten some good advice and i have tried some different things (high weights - very low reps, high weight- a few more reps) currently i am doing flat bench BB press, incline BB press peck deck machine. i start w/ 8-10 reps warmup 10, 8, 6 high weight (for me) on each exercise. I have a long torso so my chest is going to hard to build, from what i've been told! I want to add some good mass to my chest and then cut it some (for summer of course). Thanks for your help!

Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hmmm, 2 months into it eh ? time and patience is a start...just stick to the basics and dont' overcomplicate things. do the most effective, proven one's out there:

flat bb/db bench
    incline bb/db bench
    chest dips

don't waste ur energy w/ pec deck, decline, flyes or other cable work at this time...go with the exercises where you'll use the biggest weights ... results = time, nutrition and a bit of dedication
    .....insert clever sig here.....

Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000)
    man I admit i love my chest dips, but guess what, some people can build decent sternal pecs from Decline DB bench.

People here go w/ the grain and do the Flat/incline/Dips routine, but the truth is you HAVE to do things like flyes, pec deck, butterfly machine, etc (even if only for variation).

Plus, it has been shown that decline bench produces the most electrical stimulation for the pectorals.

What i'm saying is, Don't ignore the decline bench. It's easy on your shoulders and elbows, plus you can brag about how heavy u go *wink*.

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Drop the machines and use free weights. The best exercises for chest are the one's Xpander listed. Just stick with those exercises using HIGH INTENSITY and you're sure to get the best results.

Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rippedpower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I say don't drop the machines. Use the compound heavy lifts at the start of your workout, but don't underestimate the results of some cable or peck deck work to finish your workout getting that little extra bit out of the muscle.

2 months is not a long time at all, have patience, be diligent and work hard.

I like the idea of heavy weight low reps that you are using to build mass. It is the best way, but maybe try some drop sets or some lower weights with higher reps just to change up your routine and shock the muscles.

You are in the most fun stage of building your physique as gains come in readily noticable increments, enjoy.
    "Walk softly, but carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

There is no traffic on the extra mile.

Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xpander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Big Nes

People here go w/ the grain and do the Flat/incline/Dips routine, but the truth is you HAVE to do things like flyes, pec deck, butterfly machine, etc (even if only for variation).

Plus, it has been shown that decline bench produces the most electrical stimulation for the pectorals.

What i'm saying is, Don't ignore the decline bench. It's easy on your shoulders and elbows, plus you can brag about how heavy u go *wink*.
    pay no mind in going w/ the grain - those exercises are the best ways to achieve mass, in the most efficient and quickest time; what I assume what he and most are looking to do. decline bench can be included in the list, but how many people have problems w/ "lower chest" (if there is such a thing) ? not many. so you stick w/ ones allowing heavy weight usage.
    outside of varitey's sake, flyes, pec deck, machines and cables just pale in comparison...and surely after 2 months variety is the least of his concern, the mind:muscle connection is, however. honestly, i'd give those 3 exercises at least a year before moving on to other stuff.

i can't argue w/ blagging decline poundages ; - )
    .....insert clever sig here.....

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    flat bench
    incline
    dips
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try a warmup

and then do 8reps for 3 sets on the absolute heaviest weight you can do for 8 reps, if you cant finish all 8 on ur 2nd set, drop the weight 5lbs

aslo, dumbell pressing will stimulate the chest much more than barbell

try this

Warmup, Flat bb press 1x10, 55% of ur 8 rep weight
    DB Incline press 3x8
    DB Flat press 3x8
    Dips 2x Failure (if you can do more than 10, add weights)

zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) zmurphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the info guys! the only machine i use is the peck deck, the only reason i use it is someone @ the gym suggested it because i wasn't feeling anything from flat bench DB flys. are ethere any other exercises that hit in the middle of the chest (to give seperation) ?

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    seperation is a result of low bodyfat

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by zmurphy
    Thanks for all the info guys! the only machine i use is the peck deck, the only reason i use it is someone @ the gym suggested it because i wasn't feeling anything from flat bench DB flys. are ethere any other exercises that hit in the middle of the chest (to give seperation) ?
    separation = genetics + low body fat

you don't really need pec deck or flyes btw.

and again, YOU CAN"T ISOLATE THE INNER PEC