BODYBUILDER / WARRIOR The Conqueror's Avatar
    The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

DHEA Good, Bad or waste?

It this stuff worth buying for any reason? Big Cat?
    Before you achieve victory in the war without. . .you must first master the warrior within. . . (The Conqueror)

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war (Asian Proverb)

Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In BC's article he said that DHEA really doesn't exhibit any notable anabolic effects. And unless your up there in age, there are much better alternatives.
    -Andrew

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dhea is a waste of money Don't even bother to purchase it. I hear to much hype about to much ****. Like htis morning I got the in my e-mail.....
    - Lose weight without dieting!

- Build muscle without exercise!

I won't name the company but what a joke to many guys will actually fall for this.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To sum it up : Bad.

I never recommend androstenedione because its too weak and converts to testosterone at a low rate (5.61%). DHEA is a pre-prohormone, since it has to convert to andro to be able to form testosterone, giving it a final yield of 0.35% or thereabouts. So you know I'd never dream of recommending DHEA.

BODYBUILDER / WARRIOR The Conqueror's Avatar
    The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I only asked because...

I have been working out for several years.....and very seriously in the past two years. I am 6'-0" and weight 230 off season and 205-210 in good shape.

So far I've kept it pretty basic with supplements.....protein, ZMA, Creatine, Essential fatty acids. Wanted to go into something a litttle stronger and ease into prohormones. Somebody had recommended DHEA.

Cat, what would you recommend? (NOTE: I'm not going to compete, but I don't want to suffer severe side effects.) Set me on the right track for a first step!
    Before you achieve victory in the war without. . .you must first master the warrior within. . . (The Conqueror)

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war (Asian Proverb)

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It can, as i understand, be useful for the older folks. But if you are a bit younger it will just make you grow tits.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: I only asked because...

Cat, what would you recommend? (NOTE: I'm not going to compete, but I don't want to suffer severe side effects.) Set me on the right track for a first step! [/B]
    Well if you go the PH way you want to pick a PH that doesn't give you side-effects itself, so that any side-effect is associated with gains : 1AD, 4AD, 1,4-andro and Nor-diol are best suited. How you stack them is your choice. Be glad to lend a hand, but you'd have to know what you want. If you aren't sure, look over my PH article and read up on this stuff. I consider this essential before ever starting a cycle.

And when in doubt of course : Megabol/Anabol , its cheap compared to equal products and its dead easy to use.

little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) little lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Megabol/Anabol threads started. You won't be disappointed...
    BC if someone has negative feedback about this I think Irish and I will have to go in hiding.

theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

That's great but the problem is, can u even find pro hormones on the shelf anymore? Since the ban, all I find is worthless capsules marketed as pro hormones, but are not hardly the true pre cursors of the pre-ban era.
    Bigger n You!!!

JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JesusLovesUs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by theBURN View Post
    That's great but the problem is, can u even find pro hormones on the shelf anymore? Since the ban, all I find is worthless capsules marketed as pro hormones, but are not hardly the true pre cursors of the pre-ban era.
    Well done bro. 13 years bump.
    ANIMAL

theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50) theBURN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JesusLovesUs View Post
    Well done bro. 13 years bump.
    Haha that is funny... I was just browsing and didn't notice the date.... good stuff I haven't even been on here since 2005 when there was a particular forum I liked...
    Bigger n You!!!

Zeb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, but every little bit helps, right? 5.61% is not that bad... I wouldn't want too much anyway.

Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
    To sum it up : Bad.

I never recommend androstenedione because its too weak and converts to testosterone at a low rate (5.61%). DHEA is a pre-prohormone, since it has to convert to andro to be able to form testosterone, giving it a final yield of 0.35% or thereabouts. So you know I'd never dream of recommending DHEA.

tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Manteca View Post
    It can, as i understand, be useful for the older folks. But if you are a bit younger it will just make you grow tits.
    You obviously are referring to estrogen and are talking complete crap. Everyone needs estrogen for sex drive,muscle building and aggression. Without it you wouldn't have a sex drive or bigger muscles. If you have an imbalance then yes, but you are not going to have an imbalance just because you are younger than 35, with DHEA. One will rise with the other one. This myth that is perpetuated around these forums that testosterone is all you need to be a man is rubbish. Estrogen gives you fuller muscles and makes you bigger full stop. Everyone should take DHEA over 35.

chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chicago1963 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tonyparkswash View Post
    You obviously are referring to estrogen and are talking complete crap. Everyone needs estrogen for sex drive,muscle building and aggression. Without it you wouldn't have a sex drive or bigger muscles. If you have an imbalance then yes, but you are not going to have an imbalance just because you are younger than 35, with DHEA. One will rise with the other one. This myth that is perpetuated around these forums that testosterone is all you need to be a man is rubbish. Estrogen gives you fuller muscles and makes you bigger full stop. Everyone should take DHEA over 35.
    Another one of your quality post, lol

tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonyparkswash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chicago1963 View Post
    Another one of your quality post, lol
    Glad im entertaining you! My point is if you go and take an anti estrogen and block all estrogen, you wont suddenly have huge muscles you will look rather flat in fact. Also you wont suddenly gain a massive sex drive but rather lose it. Im out for anther year now seeya.

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tonyparkswash View Post
    Glad im entertaining you! My point is if you go and take an anti estrogen and block all estrogen, you wont suddenly have huge muscles you will look rather flat in fact. Also you wont suddenly gain a massive sex drive but rather lose it. Im out for anther year now seeya.
    ^ That is actually a pretty well known fact. It's the estrogen that helps increase glucose stores in your muscles (but of course it can make you also hold more water elsewhere as well, a good balance is key).
    Completed Logs & Reviews:
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong bump of a 13 year old thread