24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ragnatang is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

RECTUS FEMORIS Tear/Injury treatment

what supplements/foods can help recover from torn muscles faster?

tonight i tore the above mentionned muscle at the top/finishing movement of a barbell squat...i was able to finish my training by doing leg extensions and leg curls without feeling any pain...but i can barely do a free squat without squinting like nuts...grrrr....so i'll focus around the tare for the time being until i can shut and squat again.

regards,

American As Apple Pie theHULK9281's Avatar
    theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) theHULK9281 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit theHULK9281's BodySpace
    There is no supplements or specific foods that will aid in the recovery of a strain. Also, if you were able to complete your workout, you most likely have a 1st degree sprain which is a overstreatching or small tear of the muscle. This is not a major injury, but you still should take precausions and rest. Here are some steps you should take to insure proper healing.....

ICE:
    Ice applied promptly after an injury can slow down or minimize some of the acute inflammatory reactions. In addition, ice diminishes local blood flow and helps constrict capillaries in the area of injury. The local application of ice also decreases clotting time because it increases the viscosity of the fluids and decreases the rate of flow in the injured area. This quicker clotting reduces hemorrhaging (bleeding) in the area of injury. Another important effect of ice is to lower tissue temperature, thus decreasing the metabolic demands and slowing the chemical actions in cells surrounding the injured area. This reduces the build-up of waste products in the area and allows more tissue cells to survive the period of temporary hypoxia (lack of oxygen).

COMPRESSION:
    The purpose of compression on an acute injury is to help control or reduce the amount of edema (swelling) and provide mild support. Compression also increases the tissue pressure outside the blood vessels, thus helping to prevent edema caused by plasma seepage or extravasation.

ELEVATION:
    Elevation of an injured area limits fluid pooling and encourages venous return. If possible, elevate the injured area above the level of the heart. Elevationg an injured area also decreases the hydrostatic pressure w/i the blood vessels, which help decrease the amount of edema by decreasing the volume of fluid filtered out of the blood vessels and into the tissue space. Controlling the edema associated w/ an injured area decreases tissue damage and results in a smaller area to be repaired.

REST:
    Resting an injured area is necessary to allow the body time to get the effects of the trauma under control and to avoid additional stress and damage to injured tissue. Athletes who continue to participate with an acutely injured area may increase hemorrhage (bleeding) and the amount of initial tissue damage, as well as the amount and severity of secondary injury response such as edema formation and the accumulation of tissue debris from hypoxic damage. All of this can result in a larger hematoma, slower healing, and a longer recovery peroid.

*Taken from my athletic training book.....(Booher/Thibodeau: Athletic Injury Assessment)

Also, SEE A DOCTOR to be on the safe side!!
    Mod @ AnabolicEvolution.com

If you can't baffle them with brilliance, riddle them with bullet holes. (Unknown)

An armed society is a polite society. (Heinlein)

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. (MLK)